My SHARK AMP/FM Radio Install - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

My SHARK AMP/FM Radio Install

Power for my Shark System is from a relay triggered by the brown tail light wire. The SHARK will lose any FM station setting and go to default audio settings when all power is removed from the unit
Easy to reset and better than dead batteries

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Rain Protection

I cut an old plastic Amsoil containers top off below the neck. It is Silver and matches bike I slip it over the SHARK unit when it rains. A perfect fit. I don't think the Amp is waterproof

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Old Goat

That first pic looks like a flight control panel, sweeeeeeeeeeeeet, IMHO that thing just cries out for a fairing. Nice job Nice Ride Saturday AM 4/4 - First Annual Ride for the Challenged

Phil "I should be riding" Ford
06 CBC 1300R Darkside/Foots
"Have You Hugged Your Dog Today"
R.I.P Buddie 2003 - 2015
R.I.P Ginger 2009 - 2015
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 06:56 PM

performance any good?

i like the look of the speakers and the mounts. were they the ones included in the packaged kit or did you get them elsewhere? do the speakers really have the sound performance the blogs say they do? thanks
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayroc7113 View Post
i like the look of the speakers and the mounts. were they the ones included in the packaged kit or did you get them elsewhere? do the speakers really have the sound performance the blogs say they do? thanks
The mounts are partially factory and partially home made. The photo shows the homemade part on the factory clamp (not included with unit). The base riser is ” solid aluminum rod with a ” hole bored with a lathe. The base is a 1/8” piece of aluminum cut to size (all from Home Depot). Then I tig welded the aluminum parts together and power buffed them with rubbing compound.

The clamp can be found on the link below and labled "Chrome 1 Inch Handlebar Clamp". Scroll to near bottom of product page:
http://www.cycoactive.com/ram/parts.html
I fastened the upper and lower parts of the mount together with a ” Diameter flat head stainless steel bolt.
The speakers housings are plastic and speakers are included with the unit. The sound quality is superb. The Amp has a built in FM radio and clock.
Base, treble, volume and a cable remote control included.
They included a mount however I didn’t like the looks of them.
The system was purchased at this link, all for less than $100:
http://www.gooddeals18.com/product/SHKCYCLERADIOKIT/Motorcycle__yacht_2_speakers__amplifier__radio_pkg .html

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 01:31 PM

Radio

Thanks for the info, I read the information on the web site and it said it had a radio. So If I decide to go this route it sounds like I would need to invest on some different mounts. Thanks again this site is grea, it allows you to minimize any mistake on ideas for our cycles.

The start of every new journey begins in 1st gear.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 02:53 PM

Just got this today

Just got this system today in the mail and anxious to install it to cure my winter blues and riding withdrawls. I have a VTX as well and my main question is regarding the control panel. I see you have yours mounted right up front for easy accessability. My question though, is that is probably not meant to get wet right?

Also, what did you wire up with the brown speaker wire?? Not sure what the purpose of that is....can you elaborate??

Thanks
Rob
Niles, MI
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 05:02 PM

Everything looks good. Nice install. The ONLY thing I'd do differently, and to each his own, is to wire it to the battery or another continuous power source. If you want to listen to it while stopped somewhere you'll have to have the key on. I put a switch on mine and have only left it on once and that was in the garage so I could charge the battery easy enough.

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 11:16 AM

great information

I just wanted to say great info on the stereo install. I just purchased one and needed to find a bracket for mounting my amp. The one you have is indeed exactly what I'm looking for. One other question for you, did you get the remote control unit for this? I didn't see it installed anywhere in the images so I'm assuming not. Was just wondering what the best location would be (or if there is another bracket you know of) that I could use to mount the remote.

Thanks,

Scott
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 01:33 PM

Wiring question on shark audio

I just recieved my Shark Audio system and was looking over the manual. I have hooked it up to test, but now planning out the install. Speakers no problem...mounted in 5 minutes uses supplied brackets. Amp...still unsure where to put it. Wiring? GoodDeals says I can wire direct to battery and not have to worry about draining it? Anyone else wired direct to battery? Notice any problems? I have the 250w with radio version.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page