Speakers for Quadzilla? - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Speakers for Quadzilla?

Just purchased a new, naked Quadzilla. Have a radio in mind but does anyone have a recommendation for good sounding, durable speakers that will actually fit and stand up to Pacific NW weather? Would just as soon not spend enough to finance the space program either.

Sam/NDAna #15542 IB#38401 '04 1800 C, HID, Audiovox Cruise, 2xDarkSide & enough other stuff to keep me comfortable. 4400 lumen H4 LED headlights available NDs.HIDs@gmail.com "Can you see me now?" For DarkSide info go here http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 07:53 AM

Speakers

A friend of mine just purchased Polk Audio marine grade speakers for his fairing....they sound badazz.....and he said he did not drop alot of coin for them. Got them on ebay. I just purchased Boss Audio equiptment for mine but still waiting on the stuff to get here so I can't say what they will sound like. But I have 220.00 bucks in the entire system including the Sony head unit, 4 speakers, antenna.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks. Exactly the type of info I'm looking for.

Sam/NDAna #15542 IB#38401 '04 1800 C, HID, Audiovox Cruise, 2xDarkSide & enough other stuff to keep me comfortable. 4400 lumen H4 LED headlights available NDs.HIDs@gmail.com "Can you see me now?" For DarkSide info go here http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 01:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to CRUZR Send a message via MSN to CRUZR Send a message via Yahoo to CRUZR
NDAna,
Are you going to Matt's shop day on Sunday? It's posted in the WA forum. I will be going early afternoon and you can take a look at my fairing as I went with 2 x 51/4" speakers and 2 x 4" with the option of taking the 4's out and replacing with another 51/4" speaker. You will have to decide if you want to do the extra work to fit the larger speakers in or not and they are a little large on the outside of the inner shell... Ya kinda have to see it to understand. It sounds good now so i have never finished changing over to the larger speakers. Just make sure they are polypropylene or similar (or marine speakers) so they can take the wet.

Here's a pic but doesn't show much:

Later,
Gary

Gary Scherler aka "CRUZR" at
www.scherler.com

'03 VTX 1800 S

Click the pic to go to my web site.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Gary
Actually gave the lights to Jim today 'cause I have to work tomorrow. Would love to get down there. Went ahead an bought some Polk 5" speakers tonight. Measured Jim's and that is what was in his 'zilla so will have to make them fit. No radio yet! Looking at Sony marine of some sort with HD and Ipod hook up. Should have looked closer when yours was up at Jon's but had no idea then a fairing was in my future. To all- have a ball tomorrow.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 01:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to CRUZR Send a message via MSN to CRUZR Send a message via Yahoo to CRUZR
5" speakers are stock for the Hoppe Fairings. I wanted better sounding speakers and all the bass I could so went with some nice 51/4" speakers with large magnets for power! All the 5" ones I found were really crap and not weather proof or I couldn't hear them so eliminated them. The original speakers they put in when cross referanced stated they were paper speakers. At Sturgis they told me they never put in paper speakers???? Remember this was a long time ago... back in early 2005. I just won't buy a speaker that I can't listen to first cause you really don't have any idea if you will like them or not. I have been sorely disappointed in the past and since then just won't take the chance.

Make sure ya get a nice weatherproof radio cover. I got a SeaWorthy Retractable Radio Cover, here's a link: http://www.boatersworld.com/product/319140844.htm

It was my third try and has a smooth action and easy to use even with gloves. Works the best!

I used a dipole anttenna, only $2.99 plus shipping. Works fantastic! And easy to install!

Here's a link: http://www.shootnhunt.com/marine_rad...s/5102059.html

Good luck, I have heard some nice Polk speakers before,
Gary

www.scherler.com

'03 VTX 1800 S

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 09:20 AM

antenna

Cruzr, The antenna you have is the one I bought. Do you have it inside the fairing? How do you have it routed? Thanks for any info.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Gary- great info.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nryder View Post
Cruzr, The antenna you have is the one I bought. Do you have it inside the fairing? How do you have it routed? Thanks for any info.
I have it routed along the top of the fairing just under the windshield and above the speakers taped to the inner shell from right side to the left and get very good reception.

Have fun,
Gary

www.scherler.com

'03 VTX 1800 S

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 12:48 PM

Thanks for the help.....can't wait to get it all put together.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page