Honda VTX Forum banner

I used SCRUBBING BUBBLES bathroom cleaner on my rims...

16K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  VTX Retroactive 
#1 ·
A guy I work with told me to try it, WOW, they look amazing. In the ingredients, it shows 99.78% inert ingredients, and .11% ammonium chlorides, and .11% dimethyl benzyl ammonium chlorides.

I dont know what this stuff is, but it shined my rims up real good, and with a fresh lemony sent too ;)

#3 ·
Black Mtn Man said:
I use it in the shower...those scrubbing bubbles give a tingle all over my body. :oops:
That may actually be that new vibrating loofa brush giving you that feeling :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

#5 ·
Black Mtn Man said:
monty said:
[quote="Black Mtn Man":2uz50pnk]I use it in the shower...those scrubbing bubbles give a tingle all over my body. :oops:
That may actually be that new vibrating loofa brush giving you that feeling :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

I have a shower massage too :wink:[/quote:2uz50pnk]

Oh the insanity of it all, will it never end :?: :?: :roll:

#6 ·
Black Mtn Man said:
I use it in the shower...those scrubbing bubbles give a tingle all over my body. :oops:
Do you mix yours with KY, also? It works much better that way.

:-D

Eddie

#7 ·
Disclaimer:

I'm drinking margaritas, so overlook any lewd comments that I may make in the next few hours.

:-D

Eddie

#8 ·
cubcake1 said:
A guy I work with told me to try it, WOW, they look amazing. In the ingredients, it shows 99.78% inert ingredients, and .11% ammonium chlorides, and .11% dimethyl benzyl ammonium chlorides.

I dont know what this stuff is, but it shined my rims up real good, and with a fresh lemony sent too ;)
Sounds like a winner to me.Did you have to scrub it or just spray on rinse off.Only thing i'd be concerned about is leaving some residue on the aluminum that could tarnish or damage it.

#9 ·
I just sprayed it on and wiped it right off. I just one side on the front and a spot on the back. Im going to do the whole thing tomarrow. It made it shine in a way I didnt think they were able to shine, considering its not polished. It got rid of the water spots and just left a clean shine. Very nice indeed.

#10 ·
ammonium chlorides works in the short run but will damage the rims in the long run .. Any type of ammonia based product will cause damage to aluminium.. Only use petrolem based products when cleaning aluminium. Learned this quite a while ago on my trailer wheels.. At 650 a pop and with 10 of them on my tractor and trailer, it can be an expensive learning tool..

Ask any person that buff's or finishes aluminium out for a living.. There is a place in Florence SC that does aluminium, I think the name is prime-cut.. They cut and polish aluminium and stainless steel..

Breezy

#11 ·
Breezy said:
ammonium chlorides works in the short run but will damage the rims in the long run .. Any type of ammonia based product will cause damage to aluminium.. Only use petrolem based products when cleaning aluminium. Learned this quite a while ago on my trailer wheels.. At 650 a pop and with 10 of them on my tractor and trailer, it can be an expensive learning tool..

Ask any person that buff's or finishes aluminium out for a living.. There is a place in Florence SC that does aluminium, I think the name is prime-cut.. They cut and polish aluminium and stainless steel..

Breezy
Darn! I was looking so forward to the fresh, lemony scent!

#12 ·
Yup, it is an acid, and i would imagine long term use could cause some damage. Would be nice to find a cleaner that does as well that is not harmful in the long term, AND has a lemony fresh scent.

#16 ·
cubcake1 said:
Yup, it is an acid, and i would imagine long term use could cause some damage. Would be nice to find a cleaner that does as well that is not harmful in the long term, AND has a lemony fresh scent.
lemon pledge works great!

#17 ·
I am still going to use it on my rims. Im doing a test on a piece of aluminum and an old bicycle tire on a chrome rim. Im spraying them and not wiping it off to see how long it takes to see ill effects. The stuff gets sprayed in tubs and other bathroom fixtures and seems not to bother them. So Id have to say I woulndt tell others to use it cause I dont know what will happen long term, but my guess is nothing will happen.

#22 ·
My buddy has spoked rims and it is what he uses. You can see the brake dust and dirt flow away. The stuff is amazing, again its not made for rims, and maybe for a reason, but Im using it. I will probably use it once a month or so durring the heavy cleaning.

#24 ·
I think Scrubbing Bubbles was meant to be rinsed off. It works very well on quite a few household and garage items. But it is normally rinsed off with plain water, which should remove any of the acid I would think.

I never really detailed my cast wheels until this year, and I have an 02 1800 Retro. I spent a few hours and a few beers cleaning my wheels this year. I had some stains and used a green kitchen scrub pad and Soft Scrub to clean them up really good.... then I used a Brillo pad to smooth em up a bit, and finally I used White Diamond metal polish. The process made the wheels look better than new. BUT, I think that Scrubbing Bubbles a good fresh water rinse and then some White Diamond polish will do great too. The key is rinsing.....

#25 ·
cubcake1 said:
I am still going to use it on my rims. Im doing a test on a piece of aluminum and an old bicycle tire on a chrome rim. Im spraying them and not wiping it off to see how long it takes to see ill effects. The stuff gets sprayed in tubs and other bathroom fixtures and seems not to bother them. So Id have to say I woulndt tell others to use it cause I dont know what will happen long term, but my guess is nothing will happen.
http://www.iboats.com/products/16/39234 ... olish.html

Designed to remove oxidation growth and stains and restore a lustrous appearance to bare aluminum. Use sparingly, a little bit goes a long way.

opinions vary ...

all blessings...

crew

:crew:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.