road trip - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

road trip

hello every one, me and some friends are planing a road trip too sturgis next year, was wondering if any one knows of good places too stay, in sturgis or close too it, any thing would be great, Thanks everyone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 03:05 AM

I've watched and waited for someone to reply to this one for a while now. I surmise that you have not gotten a lot of responses because of lack of specifics. Your questions leaves so many opertunities that it's tough to narrow anything down.

Do some searches and try and formulate a few plans that sound good, and try back with some questions that don't leave several thousand opportunities!

I mean, are you lookin for campgrounds, hotels, rental houses, coming on just bikes, trailering, or bringing toy haulers and want basic or full hook-up sites.... all of this and more are available. More-so now than ever.

For the last couple years the accommodations in Sturgis have actually had openings instead of being booked one or more years in advance.... don't count on that leaving whatever you want open though. Plan well ahead to ensure availability.

Hope that helps a little....

-Richard
05 1800F/N - the goodies keep getting better...
I walk on water

CLICK here for Darkside Forum
DS -01/06/07
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

sturgis

Well thanks anyway, i guess i did leave a little out, my bad, i have a habbit of that, but we did get rooms at iron horse inn, looks cool it covered, maybe i'll see you there, again thanks.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 11:17 PM

Hey Bigdogx, sorry I didn't offer any info either. I live in SD, but have never attended the Sturgis rally! Maybe this year. I had a 21 year time away from riding, but took it up again 3 years ago. I'm glad you found a place to stay. Roads to ride on: Iron Mt. Road, Needles Highway, Sylvan Lake Road, Custer State Park, especially the Wildlife Loop, Spearfish & Vanoker Canyon, Devil's Tower. If you are riding here, I'd suggest coming West through SD on Highway 44 instead of I-90, if you want a bit more scenery and less traffic. It takes you around the Southern part of the Badlands, and is a very nice ride as you cross the Missouri River Hills. I have relatives in the Black Hills and have a built in place to stay, if I ever make it to the rally, that is.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

ride

Thanks reride, i'll be sure to check those out, thanks again. maybe we see you there

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 11:03 PM

Hey Bigdog, if our paths cross, I'll consider it an honor to meet you in person.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

sturgis

ReRide, Sounds great, hope we do meet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page