Motorcyclist Killed In Crash With SUV - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to michael7276
Motorcyclist Killed In Crash With SUV

In light of all the close calls I had in recent weeks, this saddens me and angers me

Quote:
Ohio state police are investigating a fatal motorcycle crash in Clermont County. The crash happened shortly before 9 a.m. Thursday on U.S. Route 50 near Owensville.

Police said Rory D. Bushelman, 27, was riding a 1998 Harley Davidson west when 37-year-old Tracy Fletcher turned in front of him.

He braked and swerved to avoid Fletcher's SUV, police said, but his motorcycle overturned, hit the SUV and slid off the side of the road.

Bushelman wasn't wearing a helmet and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Neither Fletcher nor her two daughters in the vehicle was injured. The crash remains under investigation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 11:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to whitedime
Tracey Fletcher, what a whore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonnn
I wobbled a lot but was able to stay upright and pee my pants.

paint and chrome, the road is home

Looking to make your 1300 C seat more comfortarble for wifey ? PM me !
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Glennok

Of course they had to report that he wasn't wearing a helmet. He may have been cut in two, but they'll still infer that he died because he wasn't wearing a helmet.
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 11:24 AM

Definately frustrating, especially if the motorcyclist is just cruising down the road...

I have started riding with my high beams on again during the day, and want to do the stebel just to make these folks crap themselves. Too many times have I had to break hard and I hate when the back tire locks up.

Article should have read - "While Bushelman wasn't wearing a helmet, he wouldn't be dead if the f'ing SUV didn't turn in front of him"

Silver '04 VTX 1300 C, not that brownish, goldish, tan color they call titanium...

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 11:30 AM

Send a message via MSN to VTX1300 JIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallahasseeVTX
Definately frustrating, especially if the motorcyclist is just cruising down the road...

I have started riding with my high beams on again during the day, and want to do the stebel just to make these folks crap themselves. Too many times have I had to break hard and I hate when the back tire locks up.

Article should have read - "While Bushelman wasn't wearing a helmet, he wouldn't be dead if the f'ing SUV didn't turn in front of him"
I agree...the Article makes it sound like it was the bikers fault..suggesting he would be alive if wearing a helmet. Maybe they should suggest he would be alive if not for the SUV!

SCRC
Hamilton chapter 011
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 11:39 AM

She probably didn't see him because she was busy on the phone.
Personal gripe of mine. I slowed down on the interstate the other day (75 instead of my usual 85mph) and noticed that about 90% of the folks passing me were on the phone or radio.
It's not enough to pretent that we are invisible to cagers, you have to assume that most of them are idiots until they prove otherwise.
Be alert, be alive.
And I am a proponent of helmets. They are probably more effective in low speed crashes than in high speed ones, from what I have seen.
My 2 cents.

"03 1300S, Black & Chrome
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 11:39 AM

crash

Also, what would you want to bet that she was talking on a cell phone all the time????

"Guns don't kill people - Cell Phones do!"

Had - 2005 1300 VTX Retro, Titanium Silver. Now have 2010 Victory Vision Pearl White.

Hiking is just walking where itís ok to pee. Sometimes, old people accidentally hike.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 11:49 AM

helmets

Lets face it the liberals I talk to all say we should wear a helmet because it will cost them money to keep us in a hospital if we are brain dead. They really don't care about us. Oviously more people are brain dead from driving in cars than on bikes so why don't they recomment we all wear helmets in cars. Been rinding 50 years and a helmet wouldn't have helped me when I landed on my a@@ after a dummy turned left in front of me in 1950. Of course the guy in the car was already brain dead. No cell phones then so he had no excuse. (JUST STUPID) Buddy T.

Been riding since 1948 first bikes 1936 1941 and 1947 HD many others since but mostly Honda vtx 1300 s 2003 current bike Lets roll
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 01:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to whitedime
I don't see any reason not to wear a helmet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonnn
I wobbled a lot but was able to stay upright and pee my pants.

paint and chrome, the road is home

Looking to make your 1300 C seat more comfortarble for wifey ? PM me !
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 01:49 PM

I agree with Whitedime's last statement "I don't see any reason not to wear a helmet...", but that's my choice.

Dale

They say you learn from your mistakes, in that case, I must be a genius.

2004 Red VTX 1300 S, Mustang Vintage seat W/seat pin mod, MS Batwing, DMY wrap around backrest and chrome top rack,
EZBrackets on All American 26" XLSlant bags, Glen's air/fuel screw, Stable horn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page