How many miles can I get out of full tank of gas on VTX1300? - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

How many miles can I get out of full tank of gas on VTX1300?

I was just wondering how many miles should I expect out of a full tank of gas from my new VTX1300. I guess I am asking an average. Probably mostly highway travel. Thanks.

OhioBob

2006 VTX 1300C - Black(very fast) : Bubs JH : 1800C seat mod/BADX mod : sticker removal mod : reflector removal mod : WorkingClassChoppers spikes :

Bub Club Member # 355 : LOUD & PROUD!!!
Powered by JESUS!!! "It'll fit, just keep hitting it!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 10:08 PM

You will get various answers but I can say the last tank got me 129 mi. I normally get gas every other ride so I don't hit my reserve often.

05 VTX 1300RS Silver
When in doubt...use a hammer!
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 10:10 PM

I look for gas at 140 miles. At 149 I am switching to reserve.
post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 10:16 PM

I haven't had much of a chance to really test to see how far I can go on one tank of gas. I have been wanting to test it but once I get more miles I usually am going somewhere that would not be a good idea to run out of gas. Now that I work closer to home I have been trying to test it. On my way to work on Friday I had to hit reserve at 119 miles. too many short trips back and forth to work. ON todays ride I got to 135 miles and we stopped for gas. Not sure how much farther I could have gone before hitting reserve. That ride was mostly highway. So still testing it out.

Monica
2006 Honda VTX 1300S with extras including Badx seat mod, Hicks CTR I installed myself, new lights coming soon.
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 10:16 PM

Well I just read a review of the VTX 1300 in rider magazine, and they rated the average mpg at around 40. The fuel capacity is 4.8 gallons.So roughly 200 miles per tank of fuel. The thing to remember is a lot depends on how you ride as an individual. I have found that if I stay under 65 mph I get much better milage.
Lisa

This is my own interpretation of the information available and I may be completely wrong

"L A lady blue jean baby, she married a music man, ballerina ya' must have seen her dancing in the sand"- Elton John
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 10:25 PM

milage depends on your riding style just cruzin around I'll hit reserve aroung 145-150 if I'm really haulin [80plus] I'll hit reserve at 120-135 two up about the same I did get get a little better when it was pure stock but if your like the rest of us on here nothing ever stays stock long.

1300S ,Black and chrome,the only way to go!!!
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 10:26 PM

Believe it or not, I get around 165-170 on a tank. As far as I can remember that is prior to hitting reserve. Oh yeah, and that is doing between 65-70 mph.

Former *BUB CLUB* member
(Former 200 Club member)
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 10:32 PM

Re: How many miles can I get out of full tank of gas on VTX1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnellman
I was just wondering how many miles should I expect out of a full tank of gas from my new VTX1300. I guess I am asking an average. Probably mostly highway travel. Thanks.

Bob
I have a speedohealer so my mileage is dead-on accurate.

@ 72-75 mph cruising on the highway, I usually have to cut over to reserve @ 135 miles (ranges from 130 to 140). If I am on the curvies and doing 35-55 mph, I can get 160 miles before hitting reserve.

Thats my experience with a stock airbox x no rejetting.

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." Will Rogers

post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 11:05 PM

depends on how you ride, I usually ride pretty hard and would get 40 mpg but one time me and a buddy were riding 65 the whole trip, I was getting 50+ mpg I hit 150 miles and still haven't hit reserve

Titanium 2005 VTX 1300 C - Hard Krome 2.5 American Classics, ISO Grips, Throttle Boss, Deep Dish Bezels, Dually Iso Pegs, Mustang Seat, MS Batwing, Darkside
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 11:06 PM

I typically run out and have to switch to the reserve at around 160 - 165 miles. I run 87 Octane name brand fuels like Sunoco, Exxon or Shell. I rejetted the carbs, put on a Kury Hypercharger when I installed my HK 3" longs. I did not measure mileage prior to those changes so I can't tell what the impact on mileage was compared to the stock configuration.

2006 VTX 1300S Black
2007 GL1800 Metallic Blue
2004 Valkyrie Rune Black Cherry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page