Hard bags are BACK on...updated pics (one year later)!! - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Hard bags are BACK on...finished & updated pics!

I purchased these hardbags from http://www.invictamotorsports.com a few weeks ago, and I just finished mounting them tonight. It took me awhile to mock them up (mainly because I'm anal ), but overall the fit is great. I still need to fabricate some type of bar to attach to each bag and also attach to my license plate bracket in the rear. The bags move a little, so I'll need this bar to get the bags to be solid.

I believe that they are replicas of the Champion bags, because they look the same and have the same dimensions as the Patriot bags. Mine are the LS004 Ultimate Bags, and I also got the liners. I believe this is the first C model that these bags have been mounted to, according to the guy I spoke with before I bought them. His name is Terry, and he was great to work with and had fantastic customer service.

Here are the pictures I took in the garage. I'll get better ones when I get the bike outside during the day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 12:24 AM

Give in to the blackness. It is useless to resist.

Looks good bro. Now ya need a Wideopen fairing.

Back on the road. 2003 lightly moddified 118ci C model.

post #3 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 12:44 AM
Sith Lord

Good lord...massive. Looks good.

+1 on the wideopen fairing.

I do not want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying.http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/
05 1300 N, HK 3, CP Punishers, custom paint, full fairing, Michelin HydraEdge 205/65/16, Tsukayu bags
post #4 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 12:45 AM

Those bags are exactly what I've been looking for. The Champions are nice too, but should be, considering the price. Just a couple of questions....How much $$$$ and did they come with the mounting hardware????
post #5 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 12:48 AM

Nice clean installation that came out lookin' really sharp. Should come in awful handy too. Me likes lots.

Biddy

'04 1300 S

Proud C.R.A.P. Member #001

[SIGPIC]http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/signaturepics/xsigpic12648_2.gif.pagespeed.ic.FQrzFoOxD1.jpg[/SIGPIC]
post #6 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

They are still pricey, but cheaper than Champion! I paid $850 for the black ones already painted. You can check their website for more info...click the Order link on their site for prices. It's cheaper by $100 if you get them primed, and it's also cheaper if you go with the smaller bags they offer (the Pro series).

I don't know if I would ever get a fairing...I'd never hear the end of it from my fiancee' who rides an Ultra Classic. She keeps telling me the more I add to the X, the more it's looking like a Harley!

To be honest, one of the main reasons I got the bags was to haul my own stuff with me...she kept kidding me every time I asked her to carry stuff for me in her bags. And I'd like to start riding my bike to my appointments to save on gas.

Biddy, I appreciate the kind words...I know it's not C.R.A.P material by a long shot!
post #7 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR VTX
They are still pricey, but cheaper than Champion! I paid $850 for the black ones already painted. You can check their website for more info...click the Order link on their site for prices. It's cheaper by $100 if you get them primed, and it's also cheaper if you go with the smaller bags they offer (the Pro series).

I don't know if I would ever get a fairing...I'd never hear the end of it from my fiancee' who rides an Ultra Classic. She keeps telling me the more I add to the X, the more it's looking like a Harley!

To be honest, one of the main reasons I got the bags was to haul my own stuff with me...she kept kidding me every time I asked her to carry stuff for me in her bags. And I'd like to start riding my bike to my appointments to save on gas.

Biddy, I appreciate the kind words...I know it's not C.R.A.P material by a long shot!
I have pictures of her carrying some huge package at BBT and you with nothing. Oh the shame.

post #8 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrhick
I have pictures of her carrying some huge package at BBT and you with nothing. Oh the shame.
Yeah, and I have pictures of you out in the fields of the Hill Country....ahhh, nevermind!

Yeah, that was her package, so she carries it!
post #9 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, and I have pictures of you out in the fields of the Hill Country....ahhh, nevermind!

Yeah, I hear your "package isn't very big. :P

post #10 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 01:13 AM
Sith Lord

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I hear your "package isn't very big. :P

oh... sting...dat's cold Steve.

I do not want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying.http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/
05 1300 N, HK 3, CP Punishers, custom paint, full fairing, Michelin HydraEdge 205/65/16, Tsukayu bags

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page