Hondaline Digital Audio System - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to surefire69
Hondaline Digital Audio System

I'm thinking about laying down the money for the Hondaline Digital Audio System but before I do I was wondering if any of you out there would be kind enough to share your opinions on the system. Is it worth the money? Is it loud enough to hear over aftermarket pipes? Do you have suggestions for a better system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 10:53 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Terry Dill
Re: Hondaline Digital Audio System

I carry a Sony arm jogging AM/FM Radio. The battery lasts about a month at
2 hours a day playing on my way to and from work. I have the cheap J&M
headset speakers and this little radio drives them just fine.

It's not the destination, but the gettin there.

You are not lost until you run out of gas.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:17 PM

I use an IPOD. Got the music I want and wear a full face helmet with ear buds.
Nothing I like better than listening to my tunes riding the roads.
I understand the safety issues of those who say I might not hear something else more important but I just ask them do they think a deaf person should'nt ride a cycle? It just requires what you should do anyway....WATCH OTHERS!
I also love to laugh when a biker friend of mine and I cage it to work and he gripes at the teen drivers with the radio thumping so loud we can hear with windows up.
Just my suggestion but I say don't imitate the teens with the blasting music. Get an MP3 player and ear buds.

Ride a 08 M109R. Sold the 1800
My kids call me "olyeller" after the dog from the old movie.
Wife #1 gone after catching the Bit*h cheating. Fast forward 2 years and remarried to a true Barbie Doll...Can you say UPGRADE
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyeller
I understand the safety issues of those who say I might not hear something else more important but I just ask them do they think a deaf person should'nt ride a cycle? It just requires what you should do anyway....WATCH OTHERS!
The difference is that a deaf person is fully concentrating on watching. They are "trained" to use all their remaining senses better than we who have all of them do.

With ear buds in you have tunes blasting at your eardrums....it adds to the already full plate of "stuff" you have to pay attention to while riding.

I, too, have been contemplating tunes on the bike for longer highway trips.......Around town, I think the ywould be just too much of a distraction, at least for me.

And yes, I listen to tunes in the car......and I do find myself distracted there sometimes because of it.

But my @ss is a lot less at risk in my truck than on my bike.

2005 1800R (Ol' Ruby)
RIP: 2005 1300R (Ol' Silver)
Courtesy and Tolerance.........Courtesy begets Tolerance and Tolerance begets Courtesy.
AKA -- "Do Unto Others"
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadango
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyeller
The difference is that a deaf person is fully concentrating on watching. They are "trained" to use all their remaining senses better than we who have all of them do.

With ear buds in you have tunes blasting at your eardrums....it adds to the already full plate of "stuff" you have to pay attention to while riding.

I, too, have been contemplating tunes on the bike for longer highway trips.......Around town, I think the ywould be just too much of a distraction, at least for me.

And yes, I listen to tunes in the car......and I do find myself distracted there sometimes because of it.

But my @ss is a lot less at risk in my truck than on my bike.

As you I wouldn't suggest anyone listen to tunes in the city either; Ear buds or speaker.
However I have ridden for better than 38 years and can tell you stright up nothing gets by me in the attention catagory brother. I know whats around me up to the car a half mile back. If somebody in this day and age is going to throw a leg over a seat they better be "trained" to whats around them. I just intended to poke a little fun at guys who spend the money on the "systems" then blast the public with it. I use the IPOD because I have programed the songs I want to hear (6hrs total) so I dont have to tune in another station on the radio.
BTW I also feel loud pipes don't save lives...reaction to the idiot who isnt focused on where you are but his cell phone, lunch ,or his radio is what saves lives.

Wife #1 gone after catching the Bit*h cheating. Fast forward 2 years and remarried to a true Barbie Doll...Can you say UPGRADE
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 06:56 PM

I can't get the regular apple earbuds to stay in my ears when I put my helmet on. Has anyone used the Bose earbuds? They're pricey, but look like they stay in better...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 07:54 PM

I bought the Hondaline system as soon as it hit the market. I first saw it at Daytona during Bikeweek 2006. On the 20 hour trip home, I went online and ordered them up without even hearing the system. Easy install right into the wiring harness. Looks good, I think. My ipod plugs right in and I can hear it without a problem most times. I have aftermarket pipes that are pretty loud. Under 60 miles per hour I hear every sound. Over 60, I have to have my switchblade windscreen on. Some songs are too tinny for the amp, so not all songs sound great. I could not imagine riding without my tunes anymore. Good Luck.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painter1
I can't get the regular apple earbuds to stay in my ears when I put my helmet on. Has anyone used the Bose earbuds? They're pricey, but look like they stay in better...
Got the SONY brand from Walmart. Fit and sound the same at half the price.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 01:48 AM

I use the zumo 550 GPS, it has a built in MP3 player. I use the Bose earbuds and they sound amazing. They come with 3 inserts for your ear; S,M & L so you can get a good fit.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 02:01 AM

There's a guy just added a fairing on the general message board and the radio system is on that, maybe you can get together with him and ask
Here's the site
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=243272

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 2006 1800R S2 Two Tone Black and Grey

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page