A/F screw - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

A/F screw

Sorry for the novice question. Where is the A/F screw on my 05 13R?? Running a bit rich.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightywarrior72 View Post
Sorry for the novice question. Where is the A/F screw on my 05 13R?? Running a bit rich.

If it is the same as 07 which I'm pretty sure it is under the airbox, search the tech forms, you have to remove the gas tank. Unless someone beats me to it I try and post a pic.

2007 1300 R Black Cherry--1800 FD,Big Bike Driving lights,Memphis Shades Big Shot,NC Paladin Engine Guard,Honda Back Rest + Luggage Rack,Willie & Max Saddlebags,Roadhouse Slip ons,Mustang Seat & Desmoged

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 09:18 AM

under the carb, if you lay down look up you will see it, very hard to get to but it can be done. I installed Glens tool it works very well. Do you have a tool to adjust with?

2007 VTX 1300R / 2006 VTX 1800R

"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It's Gumbo!! If you don't eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you."
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightywarrior72 View Post
Some info and pics in the link below.
http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php?t=15732

Glens VTX Garage Blinker Bar (driving lights not included)

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo820 View Post
under the carb, if you lay down look up you will see it, very hard to get to but it can be done. I installed Glens tool it works very well. Do you have a tool to adjust with?

2007 VTX 1300R / 2006 VTX 1800R

"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It's Gumbo!! If you don't eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you."
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 12:11 PM

I recommend Glen's permanent mount adjustment tool. That way you only have to take everything apart once.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfalzy View Post
I recommend Glen's permanent mount adjustment tool. That way you only have to take everything apart once.
+1 It is really hard to adjust it the way Honda has it set up. Glen's A/F makes it simple to adjust.

Why do you think you are running rich. If you are using the choke/enriches then your plugs will look like you are running rich. But you are most likely running lean on the A/F, it should be set at 2.5 turns. The factory sets the A/F lean to pass EPA so you have to use the Choke/Enhancer which dumps lots of fuel in to foul the plugs. With the A/F set at 2.5 you will only have to twist the throttle a couple of times and rarely have to use the choke and it will worm up quickly.

Doud

Donut Doug
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 02:16 PM

Ah... 2.5.

Word of advice MightyWarrior... 2.5 is not a magic number.

Set it properly. It may end up around 2.5 or it may not, but knowing is better than guessing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
support your
LOCAL 81

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page