Light bar? - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Light bar?

I asked a while back about a Kuryakyn Constellation with a Memphis fats windshield. Found out it won't work.
What light bar fits the 2003 1300R/S with a Memphis fats windshield? I have no light bar now just headlight and stock turn signals.
How much headllight extension will I need for it also. Thanks.

Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 01:49 AM

I have the Kuryakyn Constellation lightbar installed on my 2004 VTX 1300S with a Memphis Fats windshield. I used the furthest out postion and the forward direction. I also used the Kury 4002 mount kit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 2004 1300S, Cobra Speedster Slashdowns, Kuryakyn Lightbar, Mustang seats, Saddlemen bags with Easybrackets, Pyle PLMCA20 speakers
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 04:33 AM

I can't speak for the Kury, but the Hondaline lightbar WILL work with a Memphis Shades windshield. I had to use Glen's 2" headlight exension to gain clearance. His 3" is the most common, but I went with the 2" because I also have risers and was concerned about wire lengths. Take a look at my albums and Pm me if you have questions.
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 10:01 AM

I have Memphis Fats windshield with lightbar, that fits perfectly. It's a straight round bar that shares same mount as windshield. Unfortunately, I don't know what brand it is... sorry. If I can figure out what it is... I'll post. If I can find a better closeup photo, I'll post too.

The lights are actually aimed highway running lights (with aimed pattern) and not just decorative fog light types. They really focus the light ahead in a controlled pattern like a headlight. I also upgraded the bulbs from 35W Halogen to 55W Xenon, which blaze super white and super bright!

PS: I think adding aux running lights is a HUGE safety benefit! Not only do my lights seriously light up the road ahead of me, but it give me a much larger lighting presence footprint for oncoming traffic and cars turning in your path. To me, adding extra front lights is every bit as important as adding more rear lights! Ride safe!

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmusicman View Post
I have Memphis Fats windshield with lightbar, that fits perfectly. It's a straight round bar that shares same mount as windshield. Unfortunately, I don't know what brand it is... sorry. If I can figure out what it is... I'll post. If I can find a better closeup photo, I'll post too.

The lights are actually aimed highway running lights (with aimed pattern) and not just decorative fog light types. They really focus the light ahead in a controlled pattern like a headlight. I also upgraded the bulbs from 35W Halogen to 55W Xenon, which blaze super white and super bright!

PS: I think adding aux running lights is a HUGE safety benefit! Not only do my lights seriously light up the road ahead of me, but it give me a much larger lighting presence footprint for oncoming traffic and cars turning in your path. To me, adding extra front lights is every bit as important as adding more rear lights! Ride safe!

Thanks Mmusicman, picture helps and I like the look of that one. It may be a Cobra, maybe Showchrome, but can't quite tell from the angle. Thanks for the help and good description. I agree to the need the light out front. I was torn between a fairing and lights and I decided the lights were needed and the fairing was wanted. Nice scoot too you have.

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 09:36 PM

I have a Memphis Fats shield with a Cobra lightbar on my 05 1300S. The lightbar is installed with the Cobra 04-0030 light bar relocator kit, which is a just a flat plate mounted to the bottom of the lower triple clamp that moves the headlight and light bar approximately 1" further forward. The windshield has full range of adjustment with this relocator kit.

2012-04-12 18.48.29.jpg
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 11:08 PM

Here's a close-up... but still don't know the brand. It is mounted behind headlight same place as windshield bracket..
PS: thanks for the compliments

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddo66 View Post
I have a Memphis Fats shield with a Cobra lightbar on my 05 1300S. The lightbar is installed with the Cobra 04-0030 light bar relocator kit, which is a just a flat plate mounted to the bottom of the lower triple clamp that moves the headlight and light bar approximately 1" further forward. The windshield has full range of adjustment with this relocator kit.

Attachment 29349
Thank you very much. I have been looking at the Cobra and may go with it. That picture helps too. Thanks for the information and the help. With the pic I have a good idea of the size of the spots too.

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmusicman View Post
Here's a close-up... but still don't know the brand. It is mounted behind headlight same place as windshield bracket..
PS: thanks for the compliments

Thanks for taking the time to re-post. I love the look of that setup. Looks like a national cycle but they say theirs won't fit with any windshield but theirs. I will look some more now that I have a pic to compare it too. I am positive that lightbar is the National cycle N944. Do you know you can get snap on chrome visors for the spots? Number for them is N9005.

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 03:29 AM

I have the National Cycle Lightbar and it fit well when I had a Memphis Shades windshield. Still fits and works well with my W.O.C. fairing.

2003 Retro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page