Any one use these lights off of ebay. - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Any one use these lights off of ebay.

Looking for some good bright driving/recon lights for visibility. Any on use these before.http://www.ebay.com/itm/250920806728...84.m1423.l2649. Wondering on how they would mount. Any other ideas for some reasonable lights. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 09:33 PM

Driving lights

Found some at local Princess Auto store for around 15 bucks that had close to the same setup as shown in the link you provided...slightly different design but same idea...I ended up using one of my bike and one on my wife's bike more for daytime visibility and mounted both down low on the left side off the left footpeg mounting bolts. They work fine and you could probably find something similar at Harbor Freight or Autozone in the USA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VTXchin_7605xx.jpg (60.1 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg VTX_3288x.jpg (54.9 KB, 72 views)
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 PM

Garage
A flat mounting bracket. A piece of sheet metal from under the headlight bucket could be a mounting point.
Fender mount like they show???
I don't like the 55watts x 2 = 110watts power consumption.
364 watts VTX charging system at 5,000 RPM.
Better to use 25watt or 35watt H3 bulbs.
Some use an Optronics driving lights, remove the MR-16 halogens and installed 4w led bulbs drawing about .5amp each(6 watts). Power consumption so low you do not need to use a relay.

2005 1300c Red, Mustang seat, HK 2.5 straights. Leds for safety-front & back.
171,227 VTX miles...​On 11th frt tire, 14th rear tire
When you stop learning, you are dying.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 10:39 PM

Driving Lights

I picked mine up from Wal Mart for $20, wiring, switch,etc included. Mounted them to my fender brace just below my front tire line. Trying to keep my center of gravity low.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 07:25 AM

Whatever you install, use a relay to avoid burning up headlight/starter $80 switch.

The earlier I get behind, the longer I will have to try and catch up.
It doesn't take me all day to get nothing done; I can get nothing done by break time.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 AM

Garage
Forget the lights and go with and HID headlight. Way, way more light output. I had driving lights on my bike at one time, but when I went to an HID it made them useless.

'04 1300S or at least used to be.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Rory View Post
Forget the lights and go with and HID headlight. Way, way more light output. I had driving lights on my bike at one time, but when I went to an HID it made them useless.
where do u get this hid light? is it just a bulb are the whole head light replacement?

[SIGPIC]2006 VTX 1300R,,black cherry maroon,mustang tour seat,large studded sbags,iso grips with boss,phat-11 risers,wide chrome clutch & brake levers, HK DD 3" strts pipes,freeway bars,chrome back rest,19in. memphis shade sheild,louvers frt&back,lowers,etc,etc.[/SIGPIC]
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 08:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondogger View Post
where do u get this hid light? is it just a bulb are the whole head light replacement?

There are lots of places to get one and I along with many others here have bought them from DDM Tuning. I have found them cheaper since then on both Ebay and Amazon. It is a replacement bulb that goes in your stock headlight bucket. There is a ballast for it that needs to be mounted. Some have mounted the ballast under the neck cover and others under the tank. The light output put can not be matched and HID bulbs far outlast any halogen bulb out there. There are lots of threads here on HID lights. http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/search.p...860&pp=&page=2

'04 1300S or at least used to be.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 12:31 PM

HIDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Rory View Post
The purpose of driving lights is not only to see but to be seen. If you have an HID that's great, but both HID & driving lights will make you more VISIBLE. Now there are HID lights that are adaptable to modulators, even better. Remember.......those cagers can't see us. Regardless of who's right or wrong we're the ones that end up dead. We're invisible to them!!!!!!!! Same with our brake lights. Get a high brake light installed that blinks.....BE SEEN; it's most of the battle out there!!!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Went with the HID Headlight kit, now

Would still like more vis with a set of very bright driving lights, any ideas on brands or kits. I do not currently have a light bar installed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by naparisi View Post
The purpose of driving lights is not only to see but to be seen. If you have an HID that's great, but both HID & driving lights will make you more VISIBLE. Now there are HID lights that are adaptable to modulators, even better. Remember.......those cagers can't see us. Regardless of who's right or wrong we're the ones that end up dead. We're invisible to them!!!!!!!! Same with our brake lights. Get a high brake light installed that blinks.....BE SEEN; it's most of the battle out there!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page