Honda VTX Forum banner

R Dragger bags

31K views 143 replies 55 participants last post by  Daytonavtx 
#1 ·
I need/want your opinion. Along with the "C" bags that I have been working on I have also been working on a modified version of the R bags.

It costs a pretty penny to make molds so I don't want to make something that no one is going to want... so

1.. Is there anyone that would want these?

2.. If I do make them do you think the lights should be vertical or horizontal. one or two.

all thoughts are welcome.

See less See more
#2 ·
If you are making a show bike yes...they would stand out a little lower to the ground but that's only for a show bike. Everyday riding not sure ?? about that but I do like your ideals and keep them coming for real...where are the c bags...

#3 ·
Where are you thinking about locating the plate to? Very creative idea indeed. I'm just not sure how that is going to be a plug'n play set of bags if the buyer has to remove the license plate and relocate it somewhere else and then rewire lights.

I'm an old dog who believes in having a nice looking set of bag that are easy plug and play with roomy interiors for my junks. QQ came close to what I had envisioned but the ****y quality spoiled everything (time, money and more money) for me. They are sitting on the shielf waiting for the painter at this point. Quoted at $1200-$1400 to get them painted.

#4 ·
Why wouldn't these work for everyday riding? Looking at the pics it looks like they sit on the ground, they are only about 3 inches longer then the fender.

I'm thinking that the plate will hang from the bottom right, left, or center. I plan on putting mine on a motor so that when the bike is turned off the plate turns up out of sight.

I didn't think anyone took hard bags on and off on a regular basis.. except for me, only because I have been mocking up bags. I can put my standard R bags on and wired in about 15 minutes.

#5 ·
I like these. I been holding off on the QQ's due to shipping.
I think the two lights vertical is sharpest.

#9 ·
First set looks out of place to me, if your gonna go that far just pull the fender and make a whole rear end, JMO. The second set are freakin awesome, perfect lines for the X.

#10 ·
1) They look BADASS
2) I like the angle of the lights

Personal observations:
3) are there plans for "N" style fenders?
4) What is the ballpark guess-timate for price?
5) Would you have the option of NOT having the waves down the side of the bag? Just smooth?

They look awesome. I think you'd have a market (how big I'm not sure, but a market none the less)

#11 ·
First set looks out of place to me, if your gonna go that far just pull the fender and make a whole rear end, JMO. The second set are freakin awesome, perfect lines for the X.
I did NOT want to end up with $1600 bags and have to rework the bike. These just bolt on and the only work is electrical and paint.
When you say the second set I assume you are talking about the painted ones. Those are the stock R bags that I also make, I have a thread on those. http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?340396-R-fenderbags .

1) They look BADASS
2) I like the angle of the lights

Personal observations:
3) are there plans for "N" style fenders?
4) What is the ballpark guess-timate for price?
5) Would you have the option of NOT having the waves down the side of the bag? Just smooth?

They look awesome. I think you'd have a market (how big I'm not sure, but a market none the less)
BADASS is kind of what I'm going for.

I have only had 3 people interested on the N.. I don't think there is enough of a market for the N... If I did the N I think I would have to get sales first, then make them..
The bags that I have above are modified standard R bags with about 3 gal of bondo so I actually havn't made any yet, but I think they will be in the $1000 range..I DON'T KNOW YET.
The waves are in the molds and can be easily filled by any painter in about 30 min.

They will not look so wide when they are painted.
I like these. I been holding off on the QQ's due to shipping.
I think the two lights vertical is sharpest.

Glad you have been holding off on the QQ bags lol

#12 ·
I like the first set.
Kinda think frenching in the license plate would be nice, stock location ...maybe, might even ease mounting.

Also think optional plates to cover backrest mounting area would be great.
This would look really smooth for solo bikes.
Always thought the beetle bags looked great but my passenger would not appreciate me eliminating the sissybar!

Like the vertical lights BTW
My .02
Jbird

#17 ·
My thought on mounting the license was a curved plate frame would fit nicely on there, as they are.
I will be waiting for the go on these bags. My wife even agrees!

#18 ·
THis is where I put the plate...

I tried to figure out a way to mount the plate at the stock location again but it just wont work. The piece that goes behind the plate with the light throws a wrench in the whole thing. if you remove that piece then you have a big hole in the fender and it sits up so high that it makes it look unbalanced.

For the lights I am using the bumper lights for the Mazda3 2010+

@jamma.. you could still use the curved plate/frame and not see behind it.

#19 ·
Looking really sweet. Can't wait to the final version!
BTW, I wasn't sold on the curved holder, it just looked like a simple way to mount.

#20 ·
I'm trying to imagine the reason - can't quite grasp yet.

The bag merges onto the fender right up to the tail light - and not follow the blue line the rest on the way.

Not molding in the fender mount bars - closing the gap all the way to the blue line.
The bars of fender mount would act as mounting guide when bars drops into recess - right?

Quite the Bag at that.

OK - Now I get it - I forgot about rack options - but I've never liked any of them anyway.
I'd have to have a custom mount for rack come out of the fender as a slot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.