Rear protection bars for VTX 1300 with bags ?? - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Rear protection bars for VTX 1300 with bags ??

I have an '04 VTX 1300 R with Tsukayu hard bags. Does anyone make a pair of "crash" bars that would protect these bags in case of a fall? I already have a front safety bar to protect the engine.

Thanks in advance for any tips or links to help me find these !!

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 11:38 AM

rear bars

here is a link for you. I don't have personal experience with these but saw a post about them somewhere. I had saved the link as a possible addition for my own bike. I do remember reading that they restrict the opening completely of the Tsukayu bags. Just that the lids would hit the guards before being raised fully open.

http://www.roadstyler.com/en/index.p...pshop&Itemid=1
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Rick !!

I appreciate your help with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rick View Post
here is a link for you. I don't have personal experience with these but saw a post about them somewhere. I had saved the link as a possible addition for my own bike. I do remember reading that they restrict the opening completely of the Tsukayu bags. Just that the lids would hit the guards before being raised fully open.

http://www.roadstyler.com/en/index.p...pshop&Itemid=1
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 11:22 AM

My 1800 with VTX specific bags and the Roadstyler bars on it;

I had to play with the mounting a bit but made them work...will be doing a couple more adjustments while I play with fitting passenger floorboards, the crash bars are tight at the bottom of the bags as well as restrict the full opening of the lids, can still access items inside easily, just cannot open the lids fully.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2003 VTX 1800 R Bagger - Rear Air Ride, Progressive Lowering Springs, Tsukayu VTX Specific Bags & Trunk, Breakaway Throttle Lock, Custom Corbin Cowel, F Risers, Woody's Fairing, Constellation Driving Light Bar & rear signals, Cobra Fatty Highway Bars, JTD Cycle Parts Hard Lowers, RoadStyler rear bars, All lighting LED
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Quinster !

This forum is loaded with a bunch of great guys who will go out of their way to help someone they don't know.

Gotta love it!

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinster View Post
My 1800 with VTX specific bags and the Roadstyler bars on it;

I had to play with the mounting a bit but made them work...will be doing a couple more adjustments while I play with fitting passenger floorboards, the crash bars are tight at the bottom of the bags as well as restrict the full opening of the lids, can still access items inside easily, just cannot open the lids fully.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 04:27 PM

rear crash bars

Yup I believe that is the bike and post I was referring to Mike.

Hey Quinster,
Do you have any pictures showing the bag lids in the open position? I have the Tsukayu bags mounted but have not sent them over for paint yet. I'd like to have everything all fitted up before I do. Just not sure about the interference fit.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
+1. Interested in pics with lids open. Ugh another thing to add to the list and they are not cheap but dang the look good.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 06:24 PM

There was a thread on here or the Cafe about a year ago (?) with a guy who was going to make custom rear guards for any bags that would wrap right around front to back. Not sure what happened to him but I was interested in protecting my QQ bags for sure....

VTX 1800R, QQ drop bags/fender, Street Glide fairing, 8 speakers, Rockford Fosgate amp, Kenwood head unit, custom seat.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 09:32 AM

Rear protection bars for VTX 1300 with bags ??

Here are some pics of them open

When I ordered mine last year it worked out to about $180 Canadian shipped to my door.

wngd - I saw that thread too...watched it for a bit but it seemed to quickly fizzle. Once people started asking for pricing quotes the OP seemed to stop responding.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2003 VTX 1800 R Bagger - Rear Air Ride, Progressive Lowering Springs, Tsukayu VTX Specific Bags & Trunk, Breakaway Throttle Lock, Custom Corbin Cowel, F Risers, Woody's Fairing, Constellation Driving Light Bar & rear signals, Cobra Fatty Highway Bars, JTD Cycle Parts Hard Lowers, RoadStyler rear bars, All lighting LED

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page