Honda VTX Forum banner

spark plug problem

797 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  heffly 
#1 ·
Question for you wrenches. If one of my plugs on the 1300 was not firing, would that cause the engine to overheat. Motor seems to run fine. I was in the process of removing the engine for suspected blown head gasket when I found the RR plug wire burned off inside the boot. Looking inside the boot and I see green crud covering the screw connection. Green crud on the end of plug wire also. No connection. Color looks normal on all four plugs. I guessing it just stopped firing.

#2 ·
Green crud will kill a low voltage circuit but on high voltage it could be another resistor.
It probably was firing enough to light up the fuel/air mix or you would have wet plugs.
from that cylinder.
The plugs are in series like having two bulbs in series.
Two plugs more of an emissions thing.

#3 ·
I would say no.

I had a plug that wouldn't fire. I cleaned it, swapped it with another plug, same thing would happen. New wire-no change.

I always had to ride tail, due to the odor of raw gas.

Bike never overheated.

#6 ·
Are you thinking you blew another head gasket? Cavie you are hell on machines......lol....isnt this like the third time?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.