Honda VTX Forum banner

Just bought it. Need to winterize......but! Bad timing.

804 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  cavie 
#1 ·
Just bought my first bike...vtx...from a dealer. I'm in Minnesota. That being said, and its sub zero, I know what to do to winterize but the timing is off. Dealer delivers with changed oil, so that's done. But I need to fill the tank with gas and stabilizer......and run it in sub zero temps to circulate the stabalized gas? Oh the condensation that will build....crankcase and exhaust. No, the bike cannot be ridden to a hot temp to evaporate condensation.

What to do?

Turn off the fuel valve, drain carb, then fill carb via fill hose and syringe with stabalized fuel so the seals are wet? Don't want a dry carb.

Thanks for any thots. Rog~

#4 ·
I wouldn't worry about condensation so much considering the air is driest in the winter. Here in VA our temperatures fluctuate all over the place in the winter, and so does the humidity, so there's condensation all the time on everything. Luckily, I can ride all year long with only about a week at a time down due to snow. I suggest you dump the stabilizer in the tank and run the bike for a few minutes, hook up to a battery tender, cover it up, and let it sit during the winter. Air up the tires and roll the bike forward or backward every week or so to prevent flat spots in the tires, unless you have a stand for the bike to sit on.

Congrats on the purchase and I wish you a swift winter so you can get out and ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.