Enrichen A/F mixture with Big Shots? - No rejetting, rest is stock - Page 3 - VTXOA
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 01:59 PM

Garage
No vibrating noise, hangs down next to Idle adjustment, below air filter housing... If you adjust the A/F you can easily replce the screw with new one from Glen.... Unscrew old, make sure rubber O ring, spring and metal washer is out. May need a pick or Paper clip to feel around inside threads with..
Screw in new one....... Adjust........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnkcat View Post
No vibrating noise, hangs down next to Idle adjustment, below air filter housing... If you adjust the A/F you can easily replce the screw with new one from Glen.... Unscrew old, make sure rubber O ring, spring and metal washer is out. May need a pick or Paper clip to feel around inside threads with..
Screw in new one....... Adjust........

Awesome, so installation is easy enough to not do something wrong? I would very likely have my mechanic do it.

I take it that it's very easy then to have bike with stock A/F then, correct? Since I'm having to go every 2 years to emissions testing, I'd simply turn Glenn's A/F screw on the spot an hour or two before taking my bike for inspection. So is it as easy as I'm imagining to go back to stock A/F mixture?

Thanks!

Tsukayu VTX hard bags & Tour trunk, Saddlemen touring seat with backrest, NC custom windshield, Risers, LED lightbar, Engine guard LED lights, Cobra fatty guard, Rear engine guards, Fender rail guard, Leather tank bib, Passenger floorboards, 12v socket, ISO grips WITH bar weights, Engine chrome, Triple tree cover, Shaft cover, Fenders chrome, Progressive forks & 12.5 inch shocks, All Balls mod, Chrome clock, Adjustable trunk rack
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 12:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
So is it as easy as I'm imagining to go back to stock A/F mixture?

Thanks!
Yes it is an adjustable idle jet.
The setting of that jet is as easy as stated.
Screw it in or screw it out....
You will likely not notice anything with its setting changes.
Possibly a better/smoother idle..
Every bike engine is different, we all set jets and air different to our own taste and running. My settings may not work on another bike.
Slight differences in Carbs, Intake volume, Spark, Vacuum leaks etc will demand different settings to run smooth and strong..
I have a 220 Main jet (stock is 95) a 58 Pilot jet (stock is 55) and A/F is at about 2 1/4 turns (stock is 1 5/8 .. I also have a more open air/filter Spike intake..
I also have 'Clayton Mod' to pipes. Drilled out with 1 deep through baffle (1/2" holes). Sounds good to me & runs strong...
It runs good & sounds good at this point for me and how I ride.....
I can average 42/44 MPG if I dont hot rod to much. But has been as low as 36/38MPG when I do hot rode a lot or run around town a lot....
I really like the feel and sound, at 72 yrs old I ride like a teenager. LOL

Last edited by frnkcat; 02-16-2017 at 12:30 PM.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 05:42 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
Awesome, so installation is easy enough to not do something wrong? I would very likely have my mechanic do it.

I take it that it's very easy then to have bike with stock A/F then, correct? Since I'm having to go every 2 years to emissions testing, I'd simply turn Glenn's A/F screw on the spot an hour or two before taking my bike for inspection. So is it as easy as I'm imagining to go back to stock A/F mixture?

Thanks!
Honestly, I wouldn't even bother with the AF. It only affects such a small portion of the throttle. Just put the pipes on and see how it runs.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, folks.

Well, Big Shots arrived yesterday. No dents or scratches. Looks high quality and they're very light. I thought they'd be heavier and they look heavier. I've read people mentioning stock pipes are very heavy, so good way to remove some excess weight from the bike.

I'm now just waiting for the quiet baffles.

At this point I'm going to simply have the Big Shots + quiet baffles installed with NO tuning of A/F mixture (nor jetting). I'll let you know of how that goes in this thread.

Question:

It's hot where I live and it's also a long journey for the quiet baffles to arrive at my house. Do you think that quiet baffles could be damaged in transit due to impact or heat? Would any damage to the quiet baffles be readily visible?
frnkcat likes this.

Tsukayu VTX hard bags & Tour trunk, Saddlemen touring seat with backrest, NC custom windshield, Risers, LED lightbar, Engine guard LED lights, Cobra fatty guard, Rear engine guards, Fender rail guard, Leather tank bib, Passenger floorboards, 12v socket, ISO grips WITH bar weights, Engine chrome, Triple tree cover, Shaft cover, Fenders chrome, Progressive forks & 12.5 inch shocks, All Balls mod, Chrome clock, Adjustable trunk rack
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 09:52 PM

can't be hotter than IN the exhaust they're made of fairly heavy steel wrapped in exhaust packing. you can't hurt them.

I put that same setup on recently, sounds great. not obnoxious. didn't change anything else and it runs fine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page