Front signal relocation/Unique set up - VTXOA
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Q_Ball

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Front signal relocation/Unique set up

After my recent accident I went with a few upgrades with the insurance money. One such upgrade was a set of hard lowers for my 1 1/2" Cobra fatty bars. The problem is that with the lowers mounted, the turn signals hit the top of the lower while in the horizontal position on my Cobra light bar. I have tried them in the vertical position as well but I get the same issue.

I went looking for relocation brackets for the turn signals to be placed lower down on the forks. Another problem being that I also have fork covers which in crease the size of the bracket needed to relocate. I could remove the fork covers but I like the way they look and would like to keep them if possible.

Any one out there experienced this issue and what have you done about it? I added some pics so everyone can see what I am talking about.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170515_155135.jpg (334.6 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170515_155139.jpg (243.7 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170515_155143.jpg (343.3 KB, 55 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex75 View Post
After my recent accident I went with a few upgrades with the insurance money. One such upgrade was a set of hard lowers for my 1 1/2" Cobra fatty bars. The problem is that with the lowers mounted, the turn signals hit the top of the lower while in the horizontal position on my Cobra light bar. I have tried them in the vertical position as well but I get the same issue.

I went looking for relocation brackets for the turn signals to be placed lower down on the forks. Another problem being that I also have fork covers which in crease the size of the bracket needed to relocate. I could remove the fork covers but I like the way they look and would like to keep them if possible.

Any one out there experienced this issue and what have you done about it? I added some pics so everyone can see what I am talking about.

Cheers
I just slid my lights up to the top of the tree. Had to angle them in a little becuase of the gas tank though. I will get a pic tomorrow of it.
Tex75 likes this.

'05 VTX 1300C Plans always changing

Mr. VTX Carb Cleaning 101 Guide
Mr. VTX Interal Handle Bar Wiring
Website
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sliding them might be an option but right now they are attached to the light bar. Did you remove the fork covers to achieve this?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 09:26 AM

Garage
I wonder if you could use the turn signal mount bolt to go through instead of the bolt that hold the spotlights on that mount? This would move the turn signals up and in a little, which should allow them to clear those lowers. Just an idea...

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke,
tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammerwalker View Post
I wonder if you could use the turn signal mount bolt to go through instead of the bolt that hold the spotlights on that mount? This would move the turn signals up and in a little, which should allow them to clear those lowers. Just an idea...
Thought of that but the bolt for the spot light is too big and the bolt that holds the signal is too short to hold the spot and the signal together. I have another option for the light bar but I need to get out there and try it to see if it will work. I guess if nothing else I could always buy longer bolts and fabricate something that will raise or lower the signals out of the way. Thanks for the ideas!

Cheers
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammerwalker View Post
So, the Cobra light bar I bought said in the instructions to mount it under the bar that connects the forks under the headlight. I did that at first and that is why I was searching for an answer to relocating the signals because they hit the lowers. I decided I would see if I could mount the light bar bracket on the top of the bar that connects the forks. That seems to have done the trick and keeps me from relocating the signals and gives about 1/4 inch of clearance between the signal and the lower. I do have a fairing that will be here Thursday and I will have to see if the new location of the light bar will still accommodate the fairing without further modification.

I have pictures below that show the light bar in original location and in the new location. I also included pictures of the new clearance of the signal and the lower. It isn't much but it is enough to have the handlebars go full left and full right without issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170516_123108.jpg (302.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170516_123920.jpg (323.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170516_123927.jpg (202.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170516_123952.jpg (373.2 KB, 11 views)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 01:44 PM

Sorry I for got to post my Signal position. Here is is
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170517_122227.jpg (583.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20170517_1222272.jpg (582.7 KB, 18 views)

'05 VTX 1300C Plans always changing

Mr. VTX Carb Cleaning 101 Guide
Mr. VTX Interal Handle Bar Wiring
Website

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page