Handlebars wobbling - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

Handlebars wobbling

Just change my tires and balanced. when I let go handlebars I still get wobbling on the handlebars does anybody know what is causing this problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 02:56 AM

Look at rear shock bushings or could be you haven't upgraded the stem bearings to the tapered ones.

05 1300S 6901 miles at start 114600 now
03 1800 R 64100 at start 80500 now dyno results 97.55 HP 110.22 torque
80550 E4 front
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 07:02 PM

Look up 'Death Wobble' in the search feature. Shock bushings are cheap, try that first. If not, then you need a $30 set of 'All Balls' brand steering neck bearings. the stock OEM from Honda are worse than on a Schwinn. You can probably get them changed free at a tech session, or maybe a member close to you could help if you would post exactly WHERE you are. 2-3 hrs. for someone with experience changing them. And a special tool or 2 are needed.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Hondaline w/s & backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Progressive fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, desmog, pr. valve mod, grd. fix, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 07:12 PM

Check your tire pressure
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 05:27 PM

My first thought was front tire. That is the only time at any speed mine wobbled up to 96,000 miles. Then they weren't bad but changed when up graded the suspension to Race Tech with Gold Valve.

However, since you have a new tire and balanced, hopefully correctly, then I would agree with the steering head bearings unless the they need a little tightening. New ones would be the best way I would go then you are sure.

As stated above there are other factors in the rear that can cause it and the shock bushings are cheap to try first.

My VTX as used on Race Tech site.I'm68 rode to 49 States+DC & 11 Provinces, 127k on my '07 Black Cherry VTX1300R w/aux tank, Race Tech Gold F&R,Mean City Cycle, Motolights, Glen's Light Bar w Rivco H-4 aux headlights w/SS Utra bulbs,Radiantz LEDs,Baron tach,Marlin therm&clock, PowerLet,Break-A-Way,K&N, IBA: 2xSS2000,12xSS1000,4xBB1500,2TX1000,NPT 29/76; Lake Superior Circle Tour

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page