Honda VTX Forum banner

Want new bars. Need help.

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  JTB321 
#1 ·
I am new to cruiser style bikes. I have a new to me 2006 VTX 1300S. I am in love with the bike but am itching to make it my own. First off I went on my first long ride (200 Miles) and decided I need bars that are higher up. My back is still killing me. I am 6' with 35' arms so the stock bar position has my elbows bent and my hands hitting my knees/tank doing u turns. I want to raise the bars but don't want to bring them back anymore. I have been looking at risers but all of them push the bar back. So I was looking at mini apes but those look to be to high. I am new so I am looking for suggestions to just get the bars higher and maybe even pushed forward a bit.

#2 ·
A new seat like Mustang or Ultimate Big Boy will move you back an inch or so too. Can you loosen the bolts on the handlebars and rotate them up slightly? That might help a bit short term.

#3 · (Edited)

Attachments

Reactions: rangers4u
#5 ·
I went to the stealership today and sat on a Fury. That's the feel I am looking for. I told the guy what bars will give me that feel and he took me in the back to a VTX they are working on with the Baron Drag bars and that was it! Perfect feel! they wanted me to order them on site for $300 but I looked online and them for much cheaper along with a Baron BAK and stage 3 carb kit. The bike came with a Kury hyper charger and bubs but I hate the thing so wanted to get something a little slimmer.

#6 ·
I went to the dealership and sat on a few bikes. I sat on the Fury and it felt just what I'm looking for! The salesman also rides a VTX and said that if like that feel I should check out his personal bike. He had a C with Baron drag bars and let me sit on it. Perfect! I got the part number and ordered them.

#8 ·
If it is the Kuriakyn Pro, just found out that if you lay the bike gently it protects the tank from dinging in the lay. Don't ask how I know... LOL... the wide bars did part of the protection as well. Have to replace the grips and bar as well. Looking for risers ran into your post... Cheers and ride safe... also, don't rush parking in gas stations. Don't ask again LOL...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.