Honda VTX Forum banner

Debate on bars

505 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Dartanuan 
#1 ·
I am 6' with 35" arms. The stock bars on my new to me 1300S hit my knees and the tank when trying to do U turns. I did my first 200 mile ride recently and my back is still killing me. I want to raise the bars without bringing them back but being new to cruisers I don't know what to get. I was looking at mini apes because it seems like you can adjust the position both forward and back where as risers bring the bars back more. I want to retain the stock bar shape and style but bring them up but not back maybe 5" Would 10" mini apes do this for me? Or any other suggestions?

#2 ·
I can't help with the apes thing, but...
This idea might look a little too "custom" for some peoples taste. Turn the risers around 180 degrees. Pushes those bars more forward, makes your life more enjoyable. At least until you can find what you like.
Our bars are different than Harley's spacing. I've seen an adapter that bolts to our tree's, and gives you the Harley spacing, then your choices are unlimited.

#3 ·
I used risers and then wanted more, so I made a pair of spacers to go under the risers. I think they where 1.5 or 2" long. 1.5 inch diameter. Just put a longer bolt through the tripple tree upper, and into the risers. I have had them for a good 30-40 thousand miles. No problems. No matter what you do other than replace the bars they will move back towards you a little......

Reactions: Xerf
#5 ·
With the angle of the triple tree, I'm not certain you you could go "up" without going "back" any. But I'm sure there are folks on here who can answer that question.
Keep us posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.