The god who was not there - Page 2 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by possumpie View Post

I can see why you liked that "documentary" enough to watch it twice. Same line of thinking.
I was hoping someone here would say they have watched it so I could have an informed, intellectual dialogue about it. But alas, that isn't happening. Maybe later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADography View Post
I was hoping someone here would say they have watched it so I could have an informed, intellectual dialogue about it. But alas, that isn't happening. Maybe later.

Why? You don't like my links?
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

I read through them but I was looking for a one on one discussion with someone who saw the docu not someone who just posted links.
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 05:39 PM

I haven't seen it but I did read about it.. the write up I read seemed to be written by some very angry people

As far as the movie. I guess I would have to watch it to give a truly informed opinion but the problem with films/documentary style is that you can fashion them to push any point you wish.. Look at all the 911 conspiracy movies...

Sorry I cant offer you more than that... you shyte stirrer you

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

you shyte stirrer you [/QUOTE]

I resemble that remark. LoL
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
you shyte stirrer you
I resemble that remark. LoL[/QUOTE]

Then you probably enjoyed your thread [h=3]OK, I've always thought that if you belive in... That turned into real cluster... maybe

masterpiece as shyte stirrers go...[/h]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Anybody see this documentary? I just watched it TWICE.
Interesting, I thought.
I thought it was as funny as the "Loose Change" documentary concerning the 911 "conspiracy".

There are plenty of exhaustive rebuttals to address the message(s) contained within that documentary and written far better than I could in this type of forum.

I would suggest you check those out if you wish to find opposing viewpoints.
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

I am not a student of the bible. However, I heard last summer that the bible doesn't mention Jesus from about the age 12 thru age 30 when he started teaching. The docu mentions that gap too. From 12 AD to 30 AD there is no mention of Jesus in the bible. How come?????

Then around 70 AD Paul the Apositle appears and starts with the Christian dialogue but he had never met Jesus, or so it goes.

I had a few questions like this one about the docu and the bible No bashing just a POV from people who might know. The few Sunday school classes I attended never mentioned this topic.

When I was about 12 the question about evolution came up as to our belief. One kid said he believed in god but that he controlled evolution. I thought it was a cop out.
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

I am not a student of the bible. However, I heard last summer that the bible doesn't mention Jesus from about the age 12 thru age 30 when he started teaching. The docu mentions that gap too. From 12 AD to 30 AD there is no mention of Jesus in the bible. How come?????

Then around 70 AD Paul the Apositle appears and starts with the Christian dialogue but he had never met Jesus, or so it goes.

I had a few questions like this one about the docu and the bible No bashing just a POV from people who might know. The few Sunday school classes I attended never mentioned this topic.

When I was about 12 the question about evolution came up as to our belief. One kid said he believed in god but that he controlled evolution. I thought it was a cop out.
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
And that is answered in the links I posted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page