Keurig K-Cup coffee makers? - Page 2 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender60 View Post
I use a Bunn I bought several years ago and can't see parting with it.
We have one of those out of a restaurant, it's one of the double pot units.

Always have a pot setup and ready to go.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 08:56 PM

Coffee

I have a Keurig maker that someone gave me. It was "broke" so i was out nothing and only way to go was up. Took it apart. I believe at vtx is easier to work on. Found out the check valve off the pump had stuck. Cleared the valve and got it back together(finally). Works like a charm. I usually make a big cup, and a small cup in the same giant coffee mug. Comes out just right for me.

RAF

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2006 stock 1300c
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD3NE View Post
We have one of those out of a restaurant, it's one of the double pot units.

Always have a pot setup and ready to go.
I tried a lot of the typical coffee makers but they always seemed to scorch the grounds, leaving the coffee tasting bitter to me. This Bunn is the best one I have ever owned bar none.
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 09:15 PM

My sister has a Bunn. I agree with you. It makes excellent coffee!
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 10:06 PM
M-2

I've got a a Keuerig at the office. i like it. Buy the k-cups in bulk from amazon or sams club. save money.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

I use a Cuisinart coffee maker and it makes great coffee. They are a little expensive though.
Mine has a bug in it where it decides it wants to shut itself off before the pot is made.
Sometimes after a cup or half a pot or whatever. It will work fine for days or a week and then flake out for a couple of days.
It is even better than my old Krups in the quality of the coffee it makes when it isn't flaky.
I chose the Cuisinart Keurig brewer due to the features and knowing how well I like the coffee from my regular maker. Plus, it came with the accessories like the "My K-Cup" filter kit and other stuff. I think it is and SS700 and makes 5 sizes and allows you to set the brew temperature higher than the Keurig brand.
I plan on trying it and if I like it taking it into my lab and using it there or just buying another for work.

Where I work is in an old Dunlop tire plant. (The motorcycle and powersports tire test track is still behind us and operating)
It was completely reworked and refurbished into an aviation rework facility a couple of years ago.
The water is not potable and we have bottled water all over the place. Truckloads of it are delivered every week.
I should have a good source of purified water for coffee at work.

I got the Starbucks K-cups for 4.89 per box of 16 and bought 5 different types. It sells for $12 at Walmart.
If it is good, I can go back and buy more from the owner of the discount store.
He will give me an even better deal if I get it in bulk. ($40 per case of 16)

Do the Kcups go bad when they approach their expiration date?

I've bought Starbucks VIA coffee that was out of date for dirt cheap and it was still good long after the expiration date.

Thanks for all the comments.
It's nice to hear people post and not argue about stuff.
It's good to hear people's opinions and experiences on plain old everyday stuff.
I wished we could all ride and just meet up for a cup o' Joe.

2005 VTX1300C Roadburner Double Eagles ,
Batwing, BadX double decker 1800C seat and lots of chrome. Riding DS Yokohama Avid S 205/70-15 with Dynabeads......Smooth Ridin
' VTXOA Inmate#37626[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2012 Victory Vision- Fits the Wife's butt just right! Plus a few others. I need to clean out
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 11:19 PM

I got my wife one for Christmas. She's the real coffee drinker. WalMart has a breakfast blend K-cup that is actually as good as the more expensive brands. You can also make iced tea, hot chocolate, cider, etc.

AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE! Thank you, Jesus. (I am amazed at the grace and patience you have shown.)
Silver 2005 VTX1300S
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budley3 View Post
Went to jump on that price but it was $33
That is a liberal tax.....

It is $21/pack for those that like the free market.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. - Dalai Lama
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowoc View Post
That is a liberal tax.....

It is $21/pack for those that like the free market.

Well I am willing to switch allegiance for that price.
I can be bought.

Start them early

Semper-FI
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender60 View Post
I tried a lot of the typical coffee makers but they always seemed to scorch the grounds, leaving the coffee tasting bitter to me. This Bunn is the best one I have ever owned bar none.
Bunn machines are industrial and designed to last. We have had our for far many years than any other previous coffee brewer and it came out of a restaurant. It had already seen three years of commercial service before we got it.

If I did not have a Bunn I would probably go with Cuisinart because they " look " to be better built. My brother has a Cuisinart and his seems to be holding up well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page