Maybe It Could Set a Precedent? - Page 2 - VTXOA
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 10:22 PM

I read that if you get a "camera ticket" take it to court. We all have a right to face our accuser. A camera just takes a photo and can't be an accuser. I can't remember all of the legalese in the article but it seems that if you go to court you will get off. Maybe I Am all wrong on this one. Does anyone else have any input on this?
DuaneS likes this.

05 1800S, Hondaline winshield, Kury grips, Kury throttle boss, Hondaline bags, 'C' risers, Vtxexhaust pipes, Desmog, K&N, Kury floorboards, Kury brake pedal, lots of chrome, BadX memeory foam mod, Cobra Fatties, Firehouse Customs backrest,Techlusion TFI, Kury bullets, Spyker air filter cover.

Don't Thread On Me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eperk View Post
I read that if you get a "camera ticket" take it to court. We all have a right to face our accuser. A camera just takes a photo and can't be an accuser. I can't remember all of the legalese in the article but it seems that if you go to court you will get off. Maybe I Am all wrong on this one. Does anyone else have any input on this?
Anchorage went through this bullchit 10o years ago.... so many of them got thrown out and there were so many complaints, they finally just took them all down and dropped the program...

Don't like my sarcasm, I don't like your stupid

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
-Nietzsche

If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:34 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dud-57 View Post
In an ideal world, that could possibly be true. But in reality, a huge portion of the operating budget for small towns and municipalities comes from tickets and fines. They view their police force as A REVENUE GENERATOR. Unless those basic budgeting issues are addressed, there will always be an incentive to find a way to charge citizens for something.
ONLY if they break the law. If no one speeds or runs through red lights, there's no pictures taken and no tickets. You can cry "It's just a money maker..." all you want. But if people obeyed the laws, they would not be money makers

AMA Life Member 721314

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 08:31 AM

Here in NJ, they finally stopped the red light cameras due to the large increase in rear end collisions. And, the ensuing complaints from citizens and the insurance lobbies. Instead of people slowing to carefully cross when the light went yellow, they'd mash on their brakes. There were intersections where if you were doing the SPEED LIMIT, and entered the intersection at the moment the light turned yellow, you could not make it through before it turned red. Bingo! Picture and ticket. Plus, as NJ would normally give a driver 3 points (plus fine) for running a red light, these tickets were only a FINE. The camera systems started in the poorest cities in the state (Newark, Trenton, Camden, Patterson), and were INDEED begun as a revenue generator. Other municipalities, after seeing it worked (made money) soon followed suit. So yes, in a perfect world no one would break the law. Including local politicians who set up a rigged (house always wins) system.
PHATV and DuaneS like this.

Jimbo. 1800c, Drag Bars, Drag Pipes, Chrome Wheels, 31T Ring Gear, BadX Extreme Seat, SOTMC Shocks, 200 Rear Tire, Elimination of all Non-essentials, Kingdom of Kicks.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 01:17 PM

Garage
I heard of a couple of cities that had to quit doing this because of lawsuits. The reasons for the lawsuits???? Guys were in the car, when the picture was taken of the offense, mailed to their house, and the lady in the car with them was NOT their wife!!!!

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21" Windshield, Kury Engine Bars & Foot Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Mean City Cycles Seat, Cobra Slash-Cut Pipes, Progressive 430 Shocks, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Show Chrome Front Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page