Maybe It Could Set a Precedent? - VTXOA
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
RBS

Maybe It Could Set a Precedent?

Judge Forcing Town to Return $3 Million to Residents Fined by Traffic Cameras

'07 1300 S XTreme Revolution Intake, Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, Monster Baffles. 128,788 Miles R.I.P.

'05 1300 S. BAK Slimline, Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, Monster Baffles, Ultimate Big Boy, Saddlemen Drifter Bags. 6,700 Miles. Sold.

(New) 2014 V-Star Tourer, Lindby Hi-Way Bar, Saddle Bag Protecters, Cobra Slip-On, Cobra Fuel Procccessor, Cobra PowerFlo intake. Wolo Bad Boy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 09:56 PM

My wife got two tickets via camera to the combined tune of almost a grand. Both were for not coming to a complete stop at a four way intersection when she was in the right lane making a right turn. Soon after, the cameras were taken down due to a lawsuit. I don't ride with her often, but wouldn't blame her if she took those turns at 30 Mph now, lol.
Q_Ball likes this.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 08:27 AM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

The speed cams I get, put a squad out there if there is a problem with speeding. But traffic light/crosswalk/intersection cams...no problems at all with these as these are black and white rules of the road. You don't want a ticket, obey the law

AMA Life Member 721314

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 12:56 PM

This has been going on for years back-and-forth in the courts and New Miami doesn't even have $3M to give back, so I doubt this is the end of it.

Hamilton, which is nearby, has at least one Ford Escape they park wherever and the camera/speed gun is in the back. So you just pass it and get a ticket in the mail. It is also not manned.

I remember people were upset with that one because several said they said they got hit twice in 20 minutes. Went to get a pack of cigarettes, for example, got two tickets in the mail. 47 in a 35 on the way, and 46 in a 35 on the way back.

They were mad and said if they had just eaten a ticket (or even a warning) on the way via an actual police officer, they would not have been speeding on the way back.

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

"ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES! WE WON!!!"---BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, 2012
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 03:02 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Therein lies the problem, most people can not police themselves. As proved by all the crime everywhere. If one obeys the speed limit, the stop signs, the traffic lights and all rules of the road, there would be no cameras and the police could get on to the bigger crimes like rape, theft robbery, etc.....
harvey likes this.

AMA Life Member 721314
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 04:25 PM

Around here if you do speed limit some a$$ will pass you in left turn only lane.

Many lights are no right turn on red and have cams at some.
nate6966 likes this.

05 1300S 6901 miles at start 114600 now
03 1800 R
dyno results 97.55 HP 110.22 torque
80550 E4 front
91000 miles 6-17-17
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 12:50 AM

Garage
Radar Detectors
Harkon likes this.

'07 VTX 1800F spec 3
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
Therein lies the problem, most people can not police themselves. As proved by all the crime everywhere. If one obeys the speed limit, the stop signs, the traffic lights and all rules of the road, there would be no cameras and the police could get on to the bigger crimes like rape, theft robbery, etc.....
In an ideal world, that could possibly be true. But in reality, a huge portion of the operating budget for small towns and municipalities comes from tickets and fines. They view their police force as A REVENUE GENERATOR. Unless those basic budgeting issues are addressed, there will always be an incentive to find a way to charge citizens for something.
PHATV, DuaneS and nate6966 like this.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dud-57 View Post
In an ideal world, that could possibly be true. But in reality, a huge portion of the operating budget for small towns and municipalities comes from tickets and fines. They view their police force as A REVENUE GENERATOR. Unless those basic budgeting issues are addressed, there will always be an incentive to find a way to charge citizens for something.
Like rainfall......
PHATV and Smoke like this.

Don't like my sarcasm, I don't like your stupid

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
-Nietzsche

If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate6966 View Post
Radar Detectors
I use my radar detectors to keep me mindful of the speed I may be doing. For me it has done a lot to keep me from speeding at all as opposed to selective speeding that can happen.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Screamin' Eagle Fatshotz slip-ons, V&H Dresser Duals, PV Tuner, NDana HID kits

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page