It's OFFICIAL!!! Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather Jr Boxing PPV 8/26 @ MGM Grand Vegas - VTXOA
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

It's OFFICIAL!!! Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather Jr Boxing PPV 8/26 @ MGM Grand Vegas

Dartanuan likes this.

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

"ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES! WE WON!!!"---BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 11:32 PM
Senior Pirate

This one might be worth the price of admission.

VTX BEATS HARLEY and
Hitler is Pissed!
http://www.break.com/usercontent/201...wasted-1912477

Red Knights MC
ď343Ē

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 03:15 AM

Glad they got it worked out.

It's gonna be a massive payout for Conor, I just hope he will still be motivated to defend his UFC title and intend to be a formidable prospect for years to come. Or will he drift off with his pot of gold after this match and retire?
PHATV likes this.

'03 1800R

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

Conor may not live, so I doubt he's back to UFC. Looks like T-Mobile Arena. I figured MGM because Floyd has been there the last several times.

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 07:28 AM

Yeah man! Been waiting for this one! And I agree with Omar, if it's pay per view I will pay.

Jimbo. 1800c, Drag Bars, Drag Pipes, Chrome Wheels, 31T Ring Gear, BadX Extreme Seat, SOTMC Shocks, 200 Rear Tire, Elimination of all Non-essentials, Kingdom of Kicks.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 11:33 AM
LJ

Mayweather is Great...but McGregor is ruthless and Great. This fight is being touted like the Rousey / Holmes fight was. Rousey was the favorite, but Holmes kicked butt. One thing about it...someone is going down...HARD. Unless, of course, both of them "make it" go the full rounds for a decision...and it comes out a draw.

It's all about the money...

Take Care...and, Stay Safe!

LJ
2003 1800R Candy Red
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 11:37 AM

Garage
IMHO - Conners is a great MMA fighter, but I think when it comes to total standup, with no take downs, Mayweather is going to kick his ass!! It should still be a good pay-per-view, because Conners is tough enough to take a beating for a few rounds, but I don't think he has quick enough hands to connect with Mayweather much. I'm predicting Mayweather in the 5th round.
PHATV likes this.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21" Windshield, Kury Engine Bars & Foot Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Mean City Cycles Seat, Cobra Slash-Cut Pipes, Progressive 430 Shocks, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Show Chrome Front Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 02:37 PM
Senior Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanuan View Post
IMHO - Conners is a great MMA fighter, but I think when it comes to total standup, with no take downs, Mayweather is going to kick his ass!! It should still be a good pay-per-view, because Conners is tough enough to take a beating for a few rounds, but I don't think he has quick enough hands to connect with Mayweather much. I'm predicting Mayweather in the 5th round.
I agree with most except your prediction he would last 5. Iím thinking Connorís counting sheep by 2. Max. Mayweather has made a career of not getting hit and Connor is restricted from using most of his arsenal, i.e. grappling, floor game, kicks etc. Mayweather, as much as I canít stand the prick, will destroy him.

After all that, and as lame and corrupt as boxing has become who knows?
PHATV and Dartanuan like this.

VTX BEATS HARLEY and
Hitler is Pissed!
http://www.break.com/usercontent/201...wasted-1912477

Red Knights MC
ď343Ē

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 03:44 PM

Garage
[QUOTE=KeyWasted;4319001]I agree with most except your prediction he would last 5. Iím thinking Connorís counting sheep by 2. Max. Mayweather has made a career of not getting hit and Connor is restricted from using most of his arsenal, i.e. grappling, floor game, kicks etc. Mayweather, as much as I canít stand the prick, will destroy him.

Well, I was trying to be a little forgiving for Connor,,, and also taking into account that Mayweather hasn't been in the ring for a while, and will take him a little bit to get back into his groove.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21" Windshield, Kury Engine Bars & Foot Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Mean City Cycles Seat, Cobra Slash-Cut Pipes, Progressive 430 Shocks, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Show Chrome Front Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWasted View Post
I agree with most except your prediction he would last 5. Iím thinking Connorís counting sheep by 2. Max. Mayweather has made a career of not getting hit and Connor is restricted from using most of his arsenal, i.e. grappling, floor game, kicks etc. Mayweather, as much as I canít stand the prick, will destroy him.

That's what I say (who knows). Is it fixed? Because if not, Conor cannot hit Floyd Mayweather. Can't even touch him. Maybe clip his shoulder or hit him in the hip, he'll be gone and returning fire when Conor tries to make contact. It will be bad. Canelo and Pac struggled to find him, so...
Not only that, but Mayweather is a master counter-puncher and will wreck Conor coming in.
Finally, Mayweather is 49-0 and every one of those 49 hits 10X as hard as Conor ever could and some of them did hit Floyd. He held them for a moment, pushed off, then proceeded to box them up again.

My guess is 2-3 rounds is about right, maybe 4 or 5 if Floyd carries him that far to avoid people being upset with paying $100 to see a 30-second beatdown. Point is, the "fight" (and Conor) lasts exactly as long as Mayweather wants it to.
KeyWasted and Kn!ght like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page