I knew I shouldn't but I did it anyway - VTXOA
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

I knew I shouldn't but I did it anyway

I was heading out of town this morning on the bike and came to a stoplight. A Harley pulled up behind me and it looked like a blue Road King with ape hangers (bags with no fairing or windshield). As the light turned green, I took off at a normal pace and, when I hit about 65 mph with a car a few paces in front of me, he came roaring around me, cut in front of me, and then jumped back into the right lane to pass the car in front of me and almost clipped it's back bumper. I just shook my head, laughed, and let him go.

In another mile up the road, I pulled up behind him at the last light out of town on a two-lane divided highway. I'm not one to stereotype but this guy fit the profile. He was a 50-something like me with the sleeves cut off of his jean shirt. On one bag, he had a 'Badass' sticker. On the other, he had a sticker of a skeleton's middle finger.

Knowing what he would do, I was ready. When the light turned green, I stayed right behind him and I toyed with him on my X until the speedo topped 90 mph, and then I backed off (I don't need a ticket). I had plenty to spare on the throttle if I wanted to take him. As I backed off, he came to a curve in the road and I saw him bobble in the turn. Again, I just shook my head and laughed.

I know it was high shoolish machismo but sometimes boys will be boys.
VTXCRZR, KeyWasted, DuaneS and 4 others like this.

2006 VTX1800F1

The roads are calling and I must go!

Last edited by LeftyBiker; 06-17-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 06:36 AM

Cool

Some times you just have to put them in there place. LOL.
LeftyBiker likes this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 06:35 PM

Many HD guys have no idea what they're sitting beside when they see the VTX 1800.....they learn fast

VTX 1800R, QQ drop bags/fender, Street Glide fairing, 8 speakers, Rockford Fosgate amp, Kenwood head unit, custom seat.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 09:18 AM

hahahahahahahaha that's hilarious.

Racing cruisers is like running in the Special Olympics - even if you win, you're still retarded.

House O' Pain and LeftyBiker like this.

Happiness is a belt-fed weapon
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 10:48 AM

Garage
I like messing with the Harley riders from time to time, so I completely understand the "boys will be boys" thing. The only thing I usually do differently is that I leave them on the line and accelerate hard up to about 80. By then they are several lengths behind me. Then I back off the throttle and let them go flying by. As they pass me, I think they realize that I quit trying several hundred yards back!!!!
Harkon and LeftyBiker like this.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21" Windshield, Kury Engine Bars & Foot Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Mean City Cycles Seat, Cobra Slash-Cut Pipes, Progressive 430 Shocks, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Show Chrome Front Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justa_Poser View Post
Racing cruisers is like running in the Special Olympics - even if you win, you're still retarded.
Now that's funny right there!

2006 VTX1800F1

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanuan View Post
I like messing with the Harley riders from time to time, so I completely understand the "boys will be boys" thing. The only thing I usually do differently is that I leave them on the line and accelerate hard up to about 80. By then they are several lengths behind me. Then I back off the throttle and let them go flying by. As they pass me, I think they realize that I quit trying several hundred yards back!!!!
I couldn't pass him because there were cagers in the right lane.

2006 VTX1800F1

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 06:04 PM

I completely gave up when I got my Harley. It ain't about gettin' there fast, it's all about the comfort. My racing days are well over ... at least as long as I'm riding a couch.
LeftyBiker likes this.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Screamin' Eagle Fatshotz slip-ons, V&H Dresser Duals, PV Tuner, NDana HID kits
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

That's a good-looking couch!

FTR, I ride with MANY Harley riders and none of them have the attitude of the guy in the OP.

2006 VTX1800F1

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 10:27 PM

Thanks brother. There are all kinds out there and they ride every variety of bike. We see a lot of HD cruisers out there, I suspect the majority are HD, and because of the large sample, there must be more of one kind. I've also seen the metric rider who feels, forever, they have something to prove. I figure its all good as long as no one gets hurt. Anyone is welcome to show me their tail light, I'll get there eventually ... lol

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Screamin' Eagle Fatshotz slip-ons, V&H Dresser Duals, PV Tuner, NDana HID kits

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page