Site is Brutally slow - Page 3 - VTXOA
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Garage
Do you notice any message along the bottom of your screen while you are waiting? Something that details what the site is waiting for? If yes, can you grab a screenshot of that message?

If not, can you right-click on the ad that is trying to load, and select "view frame source"? It should load a new page with a bunch of code. Copy the link for that page and send it my way

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 08:28 AM

it read google/doubleclickpics or something like that across the bottom when the ads were loading. i'll try to get a pic of it for you. thanks for your help and concern.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Garage
Sounds good. If it loads too quick for you to grab a screenshot, that probably means it's doing what it's supposed to.

Kevin

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 04:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXOA admin View Post
@free1954 do you mean these ads?
If it's not those, then it's the two at the bottom, like these:

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke,
tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammerwalker View Post
Mine isn't "slow", but I do get the cursor disappearing as I'm typing, and having to re-click into the reply to finish typing. It's REALLY annoying!!
What do you mean by disappearing? are you using a iMac or a PC?
if the mouse if missing on the iMac, you can shake the mouse and it will show up. but usually when you have the most hover over the text box, it looks like an [I].\\\

Quote:
Originally Posted by House O' Pain View Post
This site is not allowing me to paste in a screen shot. I get the error message, "Request Entity Too Large"

If you could see the screen shot, you would see in the lower left corner text that shows "Connecting to" or "Waiting for" and then the site address. There are a long list of ads that load when I try to post, or whenever I click on a forum link. Multiple ads scroll quickly as they try to load and that lower left location shows them. I have and use a Malware software, so I think they are ads on this site loading and bogging down the site.

Here are just three I noted:

Waiting for api.viglink.com
Waiting for for beacon.krxd.net
Connecting to dsum-sec.casalemedia.coms
Quote:
Originally Posted by free1954 View Post
yes sir those are the ones.
That's before of after you log in? you can technically 'stop' the loading if you already have loaded the text box to type in. but those ads should not affect speed in that way.

Lee
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 12:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXOA admin View Post
What do you mean by disappearing? are you using a iMac or a PC?
if the mouse if missing on the iMac, you can shake the mouse and it will show up. but usually when you have the most hover over the text box, it looks like an [I].\\\

That's before of after you log in? you can technically 'stop' the loading if you already have loaded the text box to type in. but those ads should not affect speed in that way.

Lee
No, I was not talking about the "mouse" cursor, but the "I" cursor in the typing window "disappearing", which was taking "focus" off of the typing window to the ad, making it so I had to "click" in the typing window again to go back to typing. This appears to have been fixed, though, since that specific Google Play ad seems to no longer do that. Thank you!

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke,
tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Garage
Good to hear that the issue is now resolved, if you have any further issues please let me know

~ Glenda

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page