Well got the new clutches installed with new bolts and springs too. Went pretty smoothly. Hardest part was getting the case off. That took a little more persuasion than I thought it would but once the seal was broken it came right off. So far so good. I haven't ridden much since I got them in but from I can tell it's a pretty substantial improvement over the old clutch. Grabs so much better and pulls like a team of mules now. No slips and no oil leaks that I can tell so we must've don't it right. I'll keep an eye on the new seal on the case for a little while to make sure there are no leaks but I'm pretty sure I'm ok.
Shout out to Matt for coming by to lend a hand too. Always good to see him and we got everything apart and back together in about 3 hours. Could've done it less time but we weren't in any big hurry , taking our time and trying to do it right. On a scale of 1 to 10 for difficulty I'd give this about a 5. Really straightforward and thanks again to Chief for the excellent write up. Sorry I don't have any pics but both of us had pretty oily hands throughout the process and didn't stop to make any pics.
Thanks again to everyone here to posted up tips and advice. If you're thinking about doing this but haven't pulled the trigger yet, go ahead and get it done. It's not hard, actually easier than doing a valve adjustment. Another pair of hands helps though, especially when R&R the pipes and getting the case off. But it can be done solo without much problem.
Livin' Blue in a Red state.