Metric Cruisers and Outlaw MC [Archive] - VTXOA

: Metric Cruisers and Outlaw MC

big hanno
03-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Do you think the day will come when OMC will ride metric cruisers? I heard on the rumor mill that a president of a local chapter here rides a Vulcan.......not sure that it's true though.

spizzyman
03-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Great.

All we need is a drive by shouting on an X. :shock: :lol:

Remember, you meet the nicest people on a Honda.

spiz

Poison
03-12-2008, 09:54 AM
It doesn't mater WHAT you ride when you rape and pillage....it's THAT you ride, rape, and pillage. :lol:

biod929
03-12-2008, 10:17 AM
It doesn't mater WHAT you ride when you rape and pillage....it's THAT you ride, rape, and pillage. :lol:

http://www.timeout.com/chicago/export_images/117/117.x190.gay.Hell'sFairies.opene.jpg

http://www.vespinoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/301167449_ad82cb79d5.jpg

some things strike fear into a mans heart..........

and some things just make you throw up in your mouth a little.

eagle1953
03-12-2008, 10:23 AM

http://www.timeout.com/chicago/export_images/117/117.x190.gay.Hell'sFairies.opene.jpg

Doesn't look pillaging but could be a rape? :lol:

TCB
03-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Well not a Outlaw club but we are a MC and we allow metrics, but no sport bikes

:? :? OK, so if a member has a Cruiser and Also rides a Sport or Sport Touring, they would not be allowed?? Or even maybe rides Dirt Bikes??

Makes no sence to Me, But then what does these days :roll: :roll:

RoadDawg
03-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Why... oh please tell me why it even F :cus: ing matters what the hell OMGs ride. Don't people understand that they all want to be US but are to stupid to realize that it only takes a little bit of HONEST work to get there.

HA OMG prez said that Harleys are NOT a gang thing... they only chose them because they were easy to fix when they broke. If Hondas had been easier to work on they would be riding Hondas.

8)

big hanno
03-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Why... oh please tell me why it even F :cus: ing matters what the hell OMGs ride. Don't people understand that they all want to be US but are to stupid to realize that it only takes a little bit of HONEST work to get there.

HA OMG prez said that Harleys are NOT a gang thing... they only chose them because they were easy to fix when they broke. If Hondas had been easier to work on they would be riding Hondas.

8)

When they convert to Honda's does that mean the theft rate for X's will rise? :) :)

biod929
03-12-2008, 11:02 AM

:? :? OK, so if a member has a Cruiser and Also rides a Sport or Sport Touring, they would not be allowed?? Or even maybe rides Dirt Bikes??

they can own a sport bike , but can not ride the sport bike to club functions....or in group rides and must also have the cruiser bike as well

LOL in my head all I hear is this: "we are going to organize a group to show that we aint all about conforming to the rules, so in order to do this right here are some rules to conform to" LOL

not knocking your or any club. its just the first thing I thought

big hanno
03-12-2008, 11:11 AM

they can own a sport bike , but can not ride the sport bike to club functions....or in group rides and must also have the cruiser bike as well

LOL in my head all I hear is this: "we are going to organize a group to show that we aint all about conforming to the rules, so in order to do this right here are some rules to conform to" LOL

I am trying to convince someone at the moment to enlist in the Army......their response has been "No way I dont wont to be told what to do" - "But I do want to join the local chapter of the OMCG"

Can't reason with that sort of logic..............rules are everywhere. :roll:

rustyjax
03-12-2008, 11:11 AM

what ever you do on your own time is your business

anyway,
the way gas prices are going we'll all be on electric scoots

CharlotteCruizer
03-12-2008, 11:23 PM

8)

A part of the MC constitution/by-laws is that the member must ride a Harley Davidson motorcycle. And it is mostly due to the fact that it is an American made machine. Also realize, that most of these clubs orginated in the early to early-mid 1900's, following WWI. There are set number of miles members must ride per year, etc. Not sure of all the details but it's an interesting part of our society. And a very interesting part (be it 1% or not) of our motorcycle culture.

I am not sure why everyone hates so much on the MC's of America. I happen to find fascinating. We love our stories of the Wild West, and the outlaws that made up the era in time. These folks are some of the last of that breed.

You don't have to condone the actions of these groups, or support them, but it is an interesting part of Americana.

tlyoungb
03-12-2008, 11:25 PM

Now that is funny....I don't care what you ride, that is funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zupdawg
03-12-2008, 11:27 PM

they can own a sport bike , but can not ride the sport bike to club functions....or in group rides and must also have the cruiser bike as wellEXACTLY why I belong to NO organizations. If I ride a sport bike, does that make me a demon?

BadX
03-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Isn't that just sweet. PepsX and Cyberhick going out for a night on the town. I thought I was the only one who got that picture.

Scooterboy
03-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Also realize, that most of these clubs orginated in the early to early-mid 1900's, following WWI. that breed.

Mid 1900's, after WWII, not WWI. The Hell's Angels took their name from a WWII USAF connection, though I'll have to go back and search it as I can't recall the specifics anymore.

Ok! here tiz, from Wikepedia anyway.....
The Hells Angels club was formed in 1948 in Fontana, California. The name "Hells Angels" was inspired by the name of the U.S. Air Force 303rd Bombardment Groups, a military unit formed in the early years of World War II. Some Hells Angels have attempted to dispel the myth that there is any connection, other than the name, between the HAMC and the historic military Hell's Angel. The group's official website clarifies that the name was suggested to the founders of the club by a friend of theirs, Arvid Olsen, who was a member of the Flying Tigers squadron from the 303rd Group. No actual members of that squadron became members of the HAMC.

Sonny Barger, in his book, had commented that he would have prefered something other than Harley's, even metric bikes, feeling that they were superior, generally faster, more reliable machines than the traditional mounts they had, but! it just wasn't something to be done.

CharlotteCruizer
03-13-2008, 12:40 AM
SB, you are right, meant to type WWII, missed an I there! I have Sonny Bargers book sitting here ready to read here soon. Finishing up another Hells Angel book currently, written from an "outside" perspective. Looking forward to reading the flip side.

Anyone interested, another great book is Under And Alone, that is what got me interested in reading more about the MC's. Written from the Police perspective, undercover ATF agent who went into the Mongols, and in the end felt a closer Brotherhood with the Mongols than to the agency that he gave years of his life to. Interesting read.

vtox
03-13-2008, 01:19 AM
Um, actually the USAF was not formed until 1947.
The US Army Air Force was formed in 1941.
Prior to that it was the US Army Air Corps.

Not that it matters 8)

80dtylord
03-13-2008, 01:36 AM
we are in an omc my prez has a road king and a vtx 1800 i just have a 1800 and they say it has to be able to keep up i guess i fit in i guess people forgot it only outlaw against ama it is a dieing art sort say 8)

Evi|grin
03-13-2008, 01:59 AM
Enjoy your "clubs" i prefer to follow my own rules, codes of conduct and the choice of what i ride and when. Patches and colors are the least of my concerns when its time for a ride.

Plain black leather and helmet works just fine for me. Im not a billboard, i just like to ride. ;)

Bullett
03-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Well..Thats Great Evilgrin...but dont condem the rest of us because we choose to be differnt than you..I wear a vest I have patches and I love to ride but I dont belong to no omc..so diversity is really a personal thing

Jimbo
03-13-2008, 08:23 AM
Pretty funny stuff. You can stop wondering.

crew
03-13-2008, 09:40 AM
:orac: :click: Riding with a large group of drunks :beer2: is sort of guaranteeing you will always ride in bad traffic.

Is this a great country, :!: or what :?:

There's something for everyone.

I've heard you have to be invited to join these clubs ...

I don't think it will be any of my business in the near future ...

:fullsize:

http://images.contactmusic.com/images/reviews2/spun.jpg

gawd bless amirika :!:

but ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

:crew: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46bkXgxb66E)

Evi|grin
03-13-2008, 09:53 AM
Well..Thats Great Evilgrin...but dont condem the rest of us because we choose to be differnt than you..I wear a vest I have patches and I love to ride but I dont belong to no omc..so diversity is really a personal thing

I didnt CONDEMN anyone but if you feel i did that is your issue not mine. ;) I wont wear leathers with the brand logo all over them either but that doesnt mean i dont think they are a good product.

black hills
03-13-2008, 10:05 AM
[ If I ride a sport bike, does that make me a demon?

MOst likely :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

black hills
03-13-2008, 10:08 AM
I wont wear leathers with the brand logo all over them either but that doesnt mean i dont think they are a good product.

+1 I'm not advertising for anyone unless they are paying me!! Just give me a nigh quality product at a decent price, I'll let others know what I think of it, but I don't need the name plastered across it!

Scooterboy
03-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Um, actually the USAF was not formed until 1947.

Not that it matters 8)

It matters. I like to be accurate in the things I spout.

I knew that the Army Air Core had changed to the United States Air Force, but had assumed it had done so late in the war, or at the very end of it. My father was in the Army Air Core during WWII.

birdiemn
03-13-2008, 10:48 AM

The problem is you're working under the false assumption that an MC is formed for the purpose of "non-conformance" to society, it isn't. An MC is formed for the brotherhood of the members. The level of commitment required for that brotherhood is different for every MC.

It is not for everyone, and most don't understand what it really means to be an MC member.

black hills
03-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Saying all M/C clubs are the same is like saying the bloods and crips are the same as the Lions club :roll:

pepsX
03-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Isn't that just sweet. PepsX and Cyberhick going out for a night on the town. I thought I was the only one who got that picture.

it does look like steve, but the other one cant be me, way too much hair. :shock: 8)

matchstick
03-13-2008, 08:42 PM
[quote="vtox"]Um, actually the USAF was not formed until 1947.
Not that it matters 8)[/quote Pop is 85 years old and was a gunner on a B-24 heavy bomber........he said it matters. he is still always quick to tell people,he was in the US Army Air Corp not the Air Force :)

KeyWasted
03-13-2008, 09:35 PM
I find nothing wrong with those that want to belong to a motorcycle club, though I do not and would not.

Probably for the same reason that I don't join tours when I travel instead preferring to explore on my own.

It is hilarious to me that the "outlaw" motorcycle clubs consider themselves "different" but all of them dress and look alike while riding similar looking bikes. That's different. :roll:

I agree that "outlaw" motorcycle clubs are a part of Americana. A part as disgusting and sordid as the part the KKK has in American culture.

Outlaw club members are like juvenile street gangs on bikes.

They are followers that can't think without a leader telling them what to do and how to act.

They need the strength of numbers to intimidate. Individually they are insignificant.

Of course I may be wrong.:wink:

Be safe,

KeyWasted

Scooterboy
03-13-2008, 11:28 PM
As a hetro scooter rider, Must I go find pictures of obvious homos on VTX's or other large cruisers to post? It won't be hard to find, believe me.

:roll: :twisted:

KeyWasted
03-14-2008, 12:02 AM
As a hetro scooter rider, Must I go find pictures of obvious homos on VTX's or other large cruisers to post? It won't be hard to find, believe me.

:roll: :twisted:

Let me help you out there big guy.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6081/p001or4.jpg

KeyWasted

Knight
03-14-2008, 12:03 AM
Sonny was quoted as saying he would rather ride a
BMW or a Honda ST, but he didnt want to have put up
with all the ribbing from his bros

Scooterboy
03-14-2008, 01:16 AM
Sonny Barger, in his book, had commented that he would have prefered something other than Harley's, even metric bikes, feeling that they were superior, generally faster, more reliable machines than the traditional mounts they had, but! it just wasn't something to be done.

Sed dat. :wink: