Toys for Tots Run 11/7 Sunday Louisville [Archive] - VTXOA

: Toys for Tots Run 11/7 Sunday Louisville

11-03-2004, 12:28 PM
November 7, 2004 Louisville, Kentucky

Toys for Tots Run
Sponsored by United States Marines & Bullitt County
The run starts at the Tractor Supply, 11250 Preston
Hwy near Louisville and concludes in Shepherdsville (approx. 25 miles)
The fee is a new toy to be given to children.
For more information call (502) 558.7203

A large turnout is expected for this annual event. For those in Central KY, we are meeting at McDs North Park at 11:30am. Roundtrip from Lex is 185 miles. Arrive back around 5pm.

Country Girl
11-03-2004, 04:24 PM
If all goes like I planned, I will be there. What time are you planning on being at Tractor Supply?

11-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Our group will arrive around 1-1:15pm. See ya there!

Country Girl
11-06-2004, 10:52 AM
Our group will arrive around 1-1:15pm. See ya there!

We will be there, hubby and I both have Candy Red X's, mine is a 1300 and his is an 1800. See you there! Hope we find you there.

Country Girl
11-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Great day for this ride. The weather was perfect. I had the pleasure of meeting G$, and his father. Also met racer04, he is from Indiana. This was my first toys for tots ride, and I was impressed to see so many bikes :shock:

I hope to be able to ride with you guys again. Hey G$, keep me posted on the next ride you guys have!

Cheryl, aka countrygirl

11-08-2004, 11:22 AM
The sunshine sure brought em outta the woodwork for this one. Although the ride was short, my crew did about 200 miles round trip. A great day to ride indeed. My pleasure to meet you & your family, Cheryl.

Did you ever hear the final bike count? I'd guess around 800...give or take a few Boss Hosses. <grin>

The Marine corps are having two more toy drives that I know of....11/21 in Etown and 11/28 in Louisville. I'll post it as its comes across my desk.

http://people.delphiforums.com/gmoneyvtx/Dragon%20pic.jpg

Country Girl
11-08-2004, 12:11 PM
Nick thought there were a few thousand bikes on that ride. I ma not good at estimating how many. LOTS of bikes, lol. Those BOSS HOSSES were something else. My son calls them BOSS HOGS, lol. All in all an short ride, but like you we logged on a few getting there and home.

It looks like the weather is going COLD on us this week. I hope we have a few more days to ride before we have to put the bikes up for the winter.

Hope to ride with you guys next season. We really need to get the KY gang together.

Cheryl

racer04
11-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Yup, Yup, Toy run was good,Sunday 11/7 good to see you CG, see I ain't really a bad guy, I'm going to try the E-town run with the Louisville Freedom Cruisers and the Louisville toy run, Yall come on and ride with us.....I ain't puttin the bike up for winter, I'll just wrap this old azz up and ride on in the cold (grinnin), lets see, KMA/KBA Louisville District Toys for Tots
11/28/04 Same place as last year off Greenbelt. More Info Call Dave Newman 969-8783,this run ends up in Pappa John's parking lot, from there we can go eat someplace
and then I dunno, just ride off into the sunset?

Country Girl
11-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Hi racer04,

It was a pleasure to meet you too! I had a great time on the Toys for Tots run. Not sure how many bikes were there,,but WOW! I will have to see about the run on the 28th. It might be too cold for this old gal to ride. If I do, I am bringing a thermos of coffee.

By the way, nice AVATAR :wink: lol