Honda VTX Forum banner

looking for stock throttle tube

979 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  La.X 1300C 
#1 ·
looking for a stock throttle tube.
bike came with avon grips,need oem tube to mount iso-grips.

#2 ·
I had to replace the throttle sleeve on my 2006 VTX 1300 R about a year ago when I replaced the grips. I broke it while trying to removed the old grips from it. I looked high and low and the only one I could find is an EOM part from one of the online Honda parts companies. Had to purchased the assembly for the right hand grip and remove the stock grip to use it. The good part is the stock grip is easy to remove as you just cut it off. Maybe someone has come out with the throttle sleeve only since. It is more pricey to have to buy the whole right grip assembly.

#3 ·
Thanks for the info,
yes i looked all over and got an aftermarket one from X choppers,but it is too short,kinda cheesy, and i don't think it'll fit right in the switch housing.
I decided it's easier to just order the stock grip and cut it off,or try blowing it off with compressed air.

#4 ·
Thanks for the info,
yes i looked all over and got an aftermarket one from X choppers,but it is too short,kinda cheesy, and i don't think it'll fit right in the switch housing.
I decided it's easier to just order the stock grip and cut it off,or try blowing it off with compressed air.
When you get the grip unscrew the plastic/chrome cap on the end of grip. Spray some WD40 in both ends wait 10 or so mins then pull plastic sleeve out from grip. No reason the cut it apart.!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.