Honda VTX Forum banner

Road Trip July 14,15,&16

1K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  tros66 
#1 ·
Heading out around high noon from Cranberry (Sheeetz by the Lube) to Ithaca,NY about a 6 hr. cruise? Staying at Econo Lodge in Ithaca, probably going to hook up with some NYRiders that evening. Sat. at noon going to have a M&G in Ithaca with the NYRiders and then take a criuse around one of the Finger Lakes, then spending the nite in Bath,NY at the Days Inn. Next day(Sun.) heading back to Pa. to see the Pa. Grand Canyon and then going right thru the middle of the "Forest." See the NY Board for all the details of the Meeting site etc. Phone # for the Econo is 607-257-1400 and for the Days Inn 607-776-7644. Thats it. Hope to see a few of you there. :D

#2 ·
Sounds like fun! As much as I would LOVE to make that trip, I will not be able to. If you take any pics while your out, Post them for us to check out. Ride Safe!

#5 ·
Hey guys have a great trip tomorrow and be safe. I am curious what Rt. do you guys plan on getting here and how long do you believe it will take?
Looking forward to seeing you on Sat if not before. If you need anything my cell is 607-624-3647.

#6 ·
Tros66 - Not quite sure of the route just yet.... Gary has that mapped and planned out. I did not yet make hotel reservations, and will try to get to that this morning. I got your cell phone nr tho and will see about getting you a call later in the day when we have a better idea.

#7 ·
PAVTXER said:
What no takers....... Let's Go !!

My bags are packed and all I gotta do is put it on and fill er up.

Weather looks great..... !!!
What....you didnt fill up yet???? :lol: :lol: Kinda wish I had asked someone if I could hole up in a barn or something when I got there...to kindof give it that "Easy Rider" effect. Changed oil, plugs, checked tire pressure, lights, and topped her off..just about time to saddle up. :D

#9 ·
I got a reservation for Saturday night..... in Bath Days Inn.... but there are No Rooms at the Inn in Ithaca Econo Lodge. Might have to find an all night Dennys Restaurant to crash in :lol:

No those farmers daughters ain't comming.... they would nag me the whole way up and back. :wink:

Any suggestions for other hotels in the area for Friday night??? :shock:

#11 ·
John,

Glad that you made it there safe. Is it just you and Gary from Western PA?

Carl

#14 ·
Sounds like you guys are on a good ride. Keep the shiny side up and enjoy the scenery. I heading out for a Texas-sized Saturday ride with the Texas X Riders.

#16 ·
Hey PA X'ers, just wanted to say we had a great time meeting you and sharing a ride through some of the most beautiful country to be found. Hope to meet up again sometime. Later, T-Bone

Group photo taken by Mick.

#17 ·
T-Bone..... wonderful trip and loads of fun. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The scenery up there was awsome. I know Gary, Jean and I really had a nice time visiting and riding with you guys.... of course, the trip up and back was beautiful as well. Everyone did a fantistic job, the Chef's/Cooks, Tour Guides, and especially the Ride Road Blockers.

Look forward to making it up there again sometime, and maybe even getting you guys down here for a Meet/Greet/Eat and Ride as well. We will look into that.

Thanks.

#18 ·
Just stopped by here to thank Iron City and PAVTXER for coming up for the First anual Sturgeon tour. Really glad you guys could make it and it was great to meet all of you. Let us know on the NY board if there is a ride down there that you might want some New York plates along for. Have two wheels, and I'm not afraid to use them. :D :D :D K.F.C.

#19 ·
It was great to meet 2 PA VTX'ers and Jean who just love to ride. Pa should be proud of how well you represented your City, State and Honda. Your rides looked great and it is always cool to see how we all personlize these X's. Thanks again for the visit and I am Impressed that you came, it was my pleasure to be your host.

#20 ·
Just when't out to look at my trip meter 802.3 miles from start till finish. I'd do it again in a heart beat. Our fellow Xers in NY did a hella job in putting this together. I would encourage all you Pa Riders to consider doing this trip next year...you will not be disappointed. If you are looking for a nice trip with excellant roads to travel this would be it. Will post some pics later. Only one thing could have made it better Cruise Control. :lol:

#21 ·
Funny you should say criuse control... I got mine (Brake-away) from Hal's sale last week but did not have the time to put it on. Hey make sure you get the 5cp02 model if you have iso grips it does fit easier. I have it on now and it even works...yea! Might be able to use this on the way to Carlisle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.