Honda VTX Forum banner

Poison - Warning, WAY OT!

2K views 36 replies 26 participants last post by  DonvtxC 
#1 ·
Poison;

For various reasons, I was digging around in unusual places, and I came across the following link.
I think if my nick were "Poison" it would make me consider changing it.

For that matter, I may grind up my chaps, and never wear them again! :shock:

Poison

#2 ·
VTX-Ryder said:
Poison;

For various reasons, I was digging around in unusual places, and I came across the following link.
I think if my nick were "Poison" it would make me consider changing it.

For that matter, I may grind up my chaps, and never wear them again! :shock:

http://www.musicjesus.com/song_37216_Poison-Unskinny_Bop.html
Oh....yeah...thank you so much for that. :lol:

Anyone want to buy some chaps?

#9 ·
Hey...at least there was a motorcycle in it.
One question though....
Could someone tell me what an "unskinny bop" is????

None of those wimmins looked unskinny to me. :lol:

#10 ·
Poison said:
Hey...at least there was a motorcycle in it.
One question though....
Could someone tell me what an "unskinny bop" is????

None of those wimmins looked unskinny to me. :lol:
Dude.. It's an 80's hair band, and you're trying to make sense of the words?!?! :shock:

Oh, for those who don't care...

Poison (the band) is touring again. Yes, they'll be on the road all summer, doing their "20 Years of Rock & Roll" tour.
Unskinny Bop is rumored to be on the play list.

Opening for them: Cinderella

lol

It just don't get much better!

bwahahahahahahaa!

#15 ·
michael7276 said:
I still like that $hit!
Okay, I'll admit, I still like some of the 80's music (all bad jokes aside).
What I find humorus is the stage antics, and the "costumes" & hair. Some of the music was okay.

FWIW: I'm a child of the 50's. I grew up through the 60's & 70's. So the 80's music is still "that new rock & roll" to me. :)

I just get a chuckle out of watching some of the hair bands.
Must be gettin old.

#17 ·
VTX-Ryder said:
Poison (the band) is touring again. Yes, they'll be on the road all summer, doing their "20 Years of Rock & Roll" tour.
Unskinny Bop is rumored to be on the play list.
Awwww....man.....!!
They're coming here august 5th.
If I hadn't of just spent big bucks on Korn tickets, I'd be all over that. :lol:

Really....for those middle aged single guys....this is a literal "unskinny" bop fest....tons of divorced moms shoving themselves into the same clothes they wore in the 80's. Hang out front next to your bike...wearing your chaps......and if you can not score at this concert, there's something wrong with you.
http://www.livenation.com/event/getEvent/eventId/218465

Me, on the other hand....I'll just me the creepy old guy in the young Korn crowd :lol:

#18 ·
Bigdog 1 said:
I must say them boys are mighty pretty with that long blond hair. It won't country but the song won't half bad.
You think they are pretty...anyone remember these fine fellows

Still had some bad a$$ music though 8)

#19 ·
barrat77 said:
Bigdog 1 said:
I must say them boys are mighty pretty with that long blond hair. It won't country but the song won't half bad.

Oh man who could forget these people. That is Twisted Sister. Oh I lived in the days of the Beatles, and the Rolling Stones, and Paul Rever and the Raders. Then before that it was Sammy Davis Jr, Perry Como, Andy Williams, Mitch Miller and Sing along with Mitch, and Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, The Tops, The Four Seasons, American Band Stand back in the 50's. Oh man I miss those days for sure.

#20 ·
barrat77 said:
Bigdog 1 said:

Why, thats Twisted Sister of course....circa Mid eighties :lol:

Do all these bands look the same or what???

#21 ·
Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, Clash..... Poison? No offense 80's fans, but that's a leap I couldn't make. Definitely the least found decade in my music collection.

I did come back around for Korn, Rage, Godsmack. That's good heavy.

Poison, you'll do fine with those young pups. Do some crowd surfing but get some Alieve for the day after. :)

#23 ·
michael7276 said:
I still like that $hit!
+1

Thinking about going to the concert if they hit Indy.

I have a couple compelation albums I have put together and also some LP's I have kept.

GNR's Appetite for Desctruction for instance. From what I remember the art they used for the sleeve was originally the album cover art, but due to the nature of the art, moved it to sleeve. I have it on the sleeve.

#24 ·
RipVTX1300C said:
Is that Ratt!

Damn I miss the 80's. Quit lying...any of you in your mid to late 30's STILL loves the 80's hair bands!
I still try to remeber why we thought they were cool. The power of media and suggestion. :shock: :? :lol:

#25 ·
RipVTX1300C said:
Is that Ratt!

Damn I miss the 80's. Quit lying...any of you in your mid to late 30's STILL loves the 80's hair bands!

Hell no I didn’t! But……….. the girls liked it. :roll: Remember, a mans gota do what a mans gota do!

Old KISS was as close as I ever got to a "hair band", I did the Boston, Clapton, Floyd, Stones thing in the early 80’s, Uncle Sam told me what I liked after that.

G
#26 ·
i think the disco craze of the latter '70s had something to do with the 'hair' bands of the 80's and don't forget what hit big in the 80's..."i want my MTV"...only thing was in the 80's sometimes you couldn't tell who was a chic and who was a dude...but if the song rocked you turned it up...right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.