Honda VTX Forum banner

I'll try here instead - Communications Gear

971 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  gravelmanv11 
#1 ·
I posted a thread a short while back about cheap comminications gear for rider and passenger communication.

Well, I think if I am going to do it right, I will likely have to spend some more coin than what I was hoping to get away with.

I would like some recommendations for a setup for me and my passenger, that would work well enough that I could update her on what's coming up so she can grab onto something if needed, and she can tell me if her butt hurts or whatever.

We both wear full-face helmets, and I have Bub's Jughuggers on my 1300C - so I'm not quiet, but not stupid loud either.

I need something that will work well, though cost is a factor. Feature-wise, I only intend to use it for an intercom, and nothing else.

Please post any recommendations, links, and opinions :)

Thanks!

#2 ·
I got a deal on a system from Autocom America.

It's great for full-face helmets as the microphone is a flexible (yet stiff) boom that is easily contured to fit the inside of your helmet. The same set up can be used with 3/4 face helmets too.

The speakers that come with it take a little fitting to get situated correctly in your helmet, but once you do they work great!

I got such a good deal because I bought a system that is out-dated and no longer supported. The kits advertised on the site now are the NEW 2006 systems.

#3 ·
I just got autocom last week this best mod i have done for me and my GF.

#7 ·
I do have a wind shield and also wear a full face helmet but it is by far a good investment and a good price mine was 400 including tax at the dealer but i did get and extra cord.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.