Reno xers sign in
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reno xers sign in

Default Reno xers sign in

Just curious how many of us are out there? I see alot around and a few at pj's on wenesday nights but dont really see anyone on this board other than myself and bill aka mrx. So if your out there and in the reno area post up. Lets try and get some movement on here. My names bill also I ride a silver 1800r with beetle bags and ultimate seat. Big guy 6'3" 280lbs kinda hard to miss, Almost always wearing some kinda vtx shirt at bike night on wenesday night. If you see me come say Hi.
    03 1800r with some off this and some off that but need a few more of those. XRATED not just a name but a way of life.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Mr X

Well, I'll chime in to get this started. I'm the 'other' Bill. I'm similarly sized and my ride is similar to X-Rated's except it is the 1300S. I'll also usually be attired in a VTX shirt at events like PJ's bike night. In fact, I got in trouble a week ago because of mistaken identity. I didn't know it but my brother had come into town and accused me of ignoring him as I rode through town. I guess he saw you, Bill, after you left PJ's and thought it was me. I left PJ's an hour or so later and had a complaint message on the answering machine when I got home. Too funny!

I've also seen a few VTXs at PJ's over the past year or so but rarely see one on the road. I know they're selling because BVH doesn't keep them around long. Come on folks. Come out of hiding.

yea bill Ive been seeing them around town but not at PJ s or anyother bike nights. Might have to go down to bullys friday night being they had the flyer at bvh. Ill be at PJs this week. just put some new bags and hypercharger
    03 1800r with some off this and some off that but need a few more of those. XRATED not just a name but a way of life.

I haven't made it to PJ's yet this summer. I bought my X in May, rode it back from a dealer in Kansas. I'd like to get there this coming Wednesday. I'll get the wife to meet me there with the kids. They're big into bikes just like Dad...SC
    2005 VTX1800F1 Silver Tribal
    2005 Yamaha WR450F

Reno, NV & La Paz, BCS, Mexico
    "Over 100 years of tradition, unimpeded by progress"

Mr X

Quote Originally Posted by clark4131
    I haven't made it to PJ's yet this summer. I bought my X in May, rode it back from a dealer in Kansas. I'd like to get there this coming Wednesday. I'll get the wife to meet me there with the kids. They're big into bikes just like Dad...SC
    Good to see another poster here and congrats on the 'X' purchase. You're going to enjoy the heck out of it. I try to make PJ's as much as possible but have been a little lax this season. Too many projects/school, so little time. Will try to make it down this week too.

yea I know it bill. I missed last week was getting ready for a yosimite run this past weekend. Ill be there tomorrow night.

Mr X

Good to see a nice "X" turn-out at PJ's this past Wednesday. I know I can't make it every week but it was great to share ideas and insights with fellow Xers (even is I was the only 1300 rider there ). You guys have made some awesome mods to an already fine line of bikes.

Thanks bill, I was gonna post pretty much the same thing. Now maybe we can get some of those guys active on here.

Wish I could make it to the bike nights. I'm over in Fallon and the alarm goes off early in the morning for an hour trip one way in the middle of the week. maybe one of these days. I'd like to see some of what you all have done with your X's.
    '04 1300S. Ready to roll and looking to go!!!

OK OK ....so I'm a few months behind in this post. Paul here. 2004 1300C. I live in Truckee. (kinda like Reno ). Rode a Goldwing many years ago. Kids are grown and gone......Time to ride again :P .Wife, Marilyn has an '06 Honda reflex. I'll check out pj's if I can figure out what and where it is!!

Default reno area

new to the board !
    was wondering if anyone lived close to Smoketree Crt, Reno,Nevada.
    If so please email me by private message!

thanks
    rick

hey Monte

Drop me a line sometime havent been to PJs but looks interesting..Been in town for 2 years and really havent dont much riding round here..need to get out..drop a line..maybe we can get this postin goin again

New to this board and have been reading tons since I picked up my new (to me) 04 purple beast. Just saw this post and thought I would chime in...I live in south Reno just off of Gieger Grade. Makes it convienient for running up to VC. Iím going to try and hit some bike nights this summer.

All the best.

hey RENO

im off Damonte near the high school..let me know when ya go to the bike nights..i will go with yaz.

dhammy01@yahoo.com

Hammy

Default Newbie sayin hello

Hello fellow x er's. Found this site quite by accident, and saw a Northern Nevada group of x er's. So I thought I would resister and say hello.
    I bought my VTX1300R in Feb of 2009 from BVH, it was a close out of the 2008 model. Before I brought it home I had the sissy bar and luggage rack, plus the windshield and the saddle bags installed. Since then I have added the highway bar and foot pegs, plus passenger floor boards and Saddlemen luggage for longer road trips. I guess I'm pretty typical, the M/C cost is just the down payment on the accessories.
    When I bought my ride I asked if their was a group of VTX er's like the HOG group from down the street. I mean their has to be a lot of us around. Maybe some day we all can meet up over a cup of coffee, better yet take a ride somewhere. Who knows, maybe we can get our own owners group active here in the Reno/Sparks area

Have a good day
    Easyed

Default I use to live in Reno

After I sold my print shop at North Lake Tahoe I moved to Reno, as all of you know Reno have a lot going for it. I liked the Mt. Rose Hwy. and Virginia City.
    Now I live in CaldwellIdaho. I though of going down for a visit, but it seems the people I hung with are gone.
    So next time you come through stop by and have a beer.

If you see Gail (that cute cocktail girl at the Pepper Mill) say hi from Paul.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plunder First, Than Burn

Default Just found this forum

Hi All,
    I have been teaching MSF (for 5 years) in Northern Nevada, for the State, WNC, Harley, and sometimes TMCC sponsors.
    Just found my way to this forum.
    Where are any of you going to show off your bikes?
    I'll add mine to the show

NV VTX, 2006 VTX1800S (S3), Cobra Powrpro and Lightbar
    MS Batwing, Lindbar Highway Bar, with studded covers, Mustang seat, Mustange trunk
    K&N intake, Roadhouse Dooleys, chrome side and neck covers,
    MSF Instructor in the State of NV, Road Guard member, Nevada Patriot Guard
    If you think education is too costly, try ignorance!

Cool Street Vibe's Spring Rally

Anyone headed out to Victorian or up to VC this next weekend?
    -Kevin
    aka"Blo"

Wherever you go, there you are.....

Default SV spring rally

I might have to be out of town this coming week, but if I have time off for it, I'll post and maybe we can hook up.
    I live nearer to VC (Galena end of town) so I go there often.

I wonder if the construction on Geiger Grade will ease up for the event?

MS Batwing, Lindbar Highway Bar, with studded covers, Mustang seat, Mustange trunk

Checking in - anyone ready for the new season?
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin, 1775

2003 1800R, Samson Warlord Slashers, MS screen, Saddlemen leather bags, Kury Iso grips and Switchblade pegs, NDana HID, all the 'Mods'. Real (poor) men ride stock seats!

Default Never stopped riding

Quote Originally Posted by highroller152 View Post
    Checking in - anyone ready for the new season?
    The weather has been so nice I have not separated this season from last.

Except that cold spell in January.

I am teaching motorcycle safety this weekend for Reno Harley (Rider's Edge) at Summit Racing (on Glendale), Saturday morning and Sunday, most of the day.

Drop by and say Hi!

Ride safe!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.