What's in Wesley's Bleach White?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's in Wesley's Bleach White?

Default What's in Wesley's Bleach White?

I washed up the 'ol girl tonight and was nearly out of Westley's when I started so that got me to thinking if it really was just a bleach solution. I had a big jug of Clorox on the shelf in the laundry room so I went inside and filled up my Westley's bottle with about 60% bleach and then filled it the rest of the way with water.

On it's own, it didn't seem to do a whole lot. I had some wheel cleaner lying there so I squirted that on the Wide Whites and started scrubbing. That seemed to get the top layer of grime off and then I rinsed the brush out and tried my bleach solution again. Surprizingly, it worked. I could tell a considerable difference and they started to get quite a bit more white. Obviously, I used liberal amounts of water to wash everything off with when I got done, but I think the end results were pretty good.

I'm pretty sure that cleaning them this way actually got them better looking than when I've used just Wesley's in the past. Maybe just my imagination, but that's what I think at the moment anyway.

Anyone have any clue what's REALLY in Wesleys? Obviously, there's some sort of suds'ing agent as my bleach solution didn't suds up like Westley's does. Probably some blue dye as well. Beyond that, I have no clue. I know it sure burns the throat if you get in there too quick after spraying it on.

Actually, I've been thinking for some time now that they've been reducing the active ingrediant in it as my whites haven't quite been looking as bright as I've been able to get them in the past. Again, maybe my imagination, but that's the way it seems.

I'll shut up now. [/code]
    Jeremy Whitehead
    Iron Butt Association # 49219

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Always used S.O.S pads on RWL tires. I think they did a better job than Wesley's

Not sure what's in the Wesleys, but that s**t works great. I use it on the handle bar tape on my racing bike.
    The problem I have had with bleach in the past is that if you are not careful, it will turn things yellow.
    '04 1300C Pearl Orange. Way too many mods.
    LOGICA DEFECTA STERCUS TAURI EXPLORANDUS EST.
    "When logic fails, try bulls*it."

I have found that Westleys works a lot better if you spray it on the tires before you get them wet, let set for couple of minuets then wipe with wet wash mit.
    2004 1800c, Candy Orange with Flames, 1300 Final Drive, Ultimate Seat, Vance & Hines pipes, Hyper Charger Pro, Auto Meter Tach, Honda windshield, Honda deluxe backrest, Road King Bags, Areomach 6" risers, ISO grips w/throttle bosses, LED license frame.

Default Re: What's in Wesley's Bleach White?

Quote Originally Posted by GA Rainman
    http://www.setonresourcecenter.com/dtSe ... mply%2ehtm
    http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic173_1.gif
    '04 1300 C, black, RIP
    '04 1300 C, orange, for now
    shut up and ride

Default Re: What's in Wesley's Bleach White?

Quote Originally Posted by Poison
    Quote Originally Posted by GA Rainman
    http://www.setonresourcecenter.com/dtSe ... mply%2ehtm
    That should just about cover it.

No kidding

Thanks Posion.
    Jeremy Whitehead
    Iron Butt Association # 49219

The wife has WWW's on her bike and she swears by the Mr. Clean erasers that are fairly new to the market. Wesleys is good, don't know about using bleach in any high concentration. Nasty stuff...

Be carefull mixing cleaning products. My girlfriend was cleaning the shower and ran out of the cleaner she was using. she mixed up a little bleach/water in a spray bottle and continued. The fumes almost killed her. She was sick for several days and her lungs hurt for a couple weeks.
    Never put your motorcycle where your brain hasn't already been.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.