Motorcyclist Killed In Crash With SUV
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Motorcyclist Killed In Crash With SUV

KY, Cold Spring-think cincinnati/northern KY

Default Motorcyclist Killed In Crash With SUV

In light of all the close calls I had in recent weeks, this saddens me and angers me

Ohio state police are investigating a fatal motorcycle crash in Clermont County. The crash happened shortly before 9 a.m. Thursday on U.S. Route 50 near Owensville.

Police said Rory D. Bushelman, 27, was riding a 1998 Harley Davidson west when 37-year-old Tracy Fletcher turned in front of him.

He braked and swerved to avoid Fletcher's SUV, police said, but his motorcycle overturned, hit the SUV and slid off the side of the road.

Bushelman wasn't wearing a helmet and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Neither Fletcher nor her two daughters in the vehicle was injured. The crash remains under investigation.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Tracey Fletcher, what a whore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonnn
    I wobbled a lot but was able to stay upright and pee my pants.

paint and chrome, the road is home

Looking to make your 1300 C seat more comfortarble for wifey ? PM me !

Glennok

Of course they had to report that he wasn't wearing a helmet. He may have been cut in two, but they'll still infer that he died because he wasn't wearing a helmet.

Definately frustrating, especially if the motorcyclist is just cruising down the road...

I have started riding with my high beams on again during the day, and want to do the stebel just to make these folks crap themselves. Too many times have I had to break hard and I hate when the back tire locks up.

Article should have read - "While Bushelman wasn't wearing a helmet, he wouldn't be dead if the f'ing SUV didn't turn in front of him"
    Silver '04 VTX 1300 C, not that brownish, goldish, tan color they call titanium...

Quote Originally Posted by TallahasseeVTX
    Definately frustrating, especially if the motorcyclist is just cruising down the road...

I have started riding with my high beams on again during the day, and want to do the stebel just to make these folks crap themselves. Too many times have I had to break hard and I hate when the back tire locks up.

Article should have read - "While Bushelman wasn't wearing a helmet, he wouldn't be dead if the f'ing SUV didn't turn in front of him"
    I agree...the Article makes it sound like it was the bikers fault..suggesting he would be alive if wearing a helmet. Maybe they should suggest he would be alive if not for the SUV!

SCRC
    Hamilton chapter 011

She probably didn't see him because she was busy on the phone.
    Personal gripe of mine. I slowed down on the interstate the other day (75 instead of my usual 85mph) and noticed that about 90% of the folks passing me were on the phone or radio.
    It's not enough to pretent that we are invisible to cagers, you have to assume that most of them are idiots until they prove otherwise.
    Be alert, be alive.
    And I am a proponent of helmets. They are probably more effective in low speed crashes than in high speed ones, from what I have seen.
    My 2 cents.
    "03 1300S, Black & Chrome

Default crash

Also, what would you want to bet that she was talking on a cell phone all the time????

"Guns don't kill people - Cell Phones do!"
    Had - 2005 1300 VTX Retro, Titanium Silver. Now have 2010 Victory Vision Pearl White.

Hiking is just walking where itís ok to pee. Sometimes, old people accidentally hike.

Default helmets

Lets face it the liberals I talk to all say we should wear a helmet because it will cost them money to keep us in a hospital if we are brain dead. They really don't care about us. Oviously more people are brain dead from driving in cars than on bikes so why don't they recomment we all wear helmets in cars. Been rinding 50 years and a helmet wouldn't have helped me when I landed on my a@@ after a dummy turned left in front of me in 1950. Of course the guy in the car was already brain dead. No cell phones then so he had no excuse. (JUST STUPID) Buddy T.
    Been riding since 1948 first bikes 1936 1941 and 1947 HD many others since but mostly Honda vtx 1300 s 2003 current bike Lets roll

I don't see any reason not to wear a helmet...

I agree with Whitedime's last statement "I don't see any reason not to wear a helmet...", but that's my choice.

Dale
    They say you learn from your mistakes, in that case, I must be a genius.

2004 Red VTX 1300 S, Mustang Vintage seat W/seat pin mod, MS Batwing, DMY wrap around backrest and chrome top rack,
    EZBrackets on All American 26" XLSlant bags, Glen's air/fuel screw, Stable horn

Default Motorcyclist Killed In Crash With SUV

It is upsetting that Mr. Bushelman died.

Remember, people are human, and are going to make mistakes.

Tracy will now have to live the rest of life with the mistake made on 08/17/06.
    2002 1800C Silver
    Member of the Darkside

Hate to be 'that guy' again (No, okay, really, I enjoy being that guy), and I don't want to make light of the loss of a human life, because it really is tragic... but... If I had to read about every f'n fatal car crash in the US when I'm over on the FWD Mopar board I'd go crazy. If it's not an X'r that posts here that went down, why bother posting it? We all know cagers suck, motorcycling is dangerous, and the media thinks wearing a helmet saves you from all injury in a wreck.
    You meet the nicest people on a Honda. I'm not one of them.

Two in one day. This one looks a little more like speed, alcohol induced.

Motorcyclist Killed In Crash
    Corey Carmichael, 36, of Forest Park, was not wearing a helmet when he wrecked in Carthage, police said.

Carmichael's 1984 Honda motorcycle hit a utility pole at the intersection of Anthony Wayne and Vine Street just before 2 a.m.

Carmichael was pronounced dead at the scene.
    "This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." Will Rogers

I was just ridding down Cobb Park Way this morning when I notice a car crusing along at 70 mph swirving all over the place. As I sped up to get past it (did not want to be beside it) the damn guy is typing on a P.D.A. on the steering wheel. I just don't get what the hell goes through peoples minds. Maybe the next time someone gets in an accident they should go after the persons employer that makes them feel that there is not enough time in the day to get their work done at home or in the office...Not while they are going down the road .....By the way, get home at noon and on the news is a bike in the middle of the road in with a fatal motorcyle message on the screen. And in Georgia you HAVE to wear a helmet.
    2006 VTX1300C (black cherry) baby! clear turns and rear, clayton mod.,K & N, Iso grips

"Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

Quote Originally Posted by Glennok
    Of course they had to report that he wasn't wearing a helmet. He may have been cut in two, but they'll still infer that he died because he wasn't wearing a helmet.
    It's impossible to know if they infer that he died because he wasn't wearing a helmet. They just stated it as a fact. They may be implying that he died because he wasn't wearing a helmet. You may infer that is what they meant from what they said. But you simply can't know that they had inferred it.

That being said, every time I see an article that says a guy died in a bike accident, I always wonder 2 things: Helmet? Alcohol? So when it's in the article, I don't have to wonder. I always appreciate it.
    Ex-X-Rider... Now on a Kawasaki Concours 1400! Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!

Default Re: helmets

That response has nothing to do with whether your friends were liberal or conservative, in fact it is opposite of actual research. The reason why you see this conflict is because liberals see gray - Meaning they can read between the lines, and conservatives only see black and white - Only one viewpoint. So, while liberals can understand conservatives, the opposite can never be true. That definition is from Rush Limbaugh and obviously is the reason why most reporters are either moderate or liberal. If limbaugh's definition is true, and other definitions of conservative and liberal views on money are true, then liberals are the last people to suggest helmets should be worn to cut their own health expenses. It is actually a conservative viewpoint that nothing someone else does should cost one money. It is more realistic to view liberals as looking at the bigger picture and saying that helmets should be worn because if a biker dies it puts too much strain on the surviving family members, or it destroys a functioning member of society - And they look at all the missed opportunities. Meanwhile, conservatives can only hear and choose to ignore other options and see only one factor related to not wearing a helmet. Most would either look at the cost of the helmet or the cost of the medical care and not the impact on the family. That's too deep for a truly conservative person. Which, of course conservatives are unable to understand. I'm a moderate and feel that more people shouldn't wear helmets because in reality it reduces my health care costs because there is a better chance that the rider will die then live in a prolonged vegetative or damaged state. But, I also feel that news reports liek this one should report all the facts before publishing the report: Estimated speed of both drivers, witness reports (which are usually worthless), road conditions, visibility at the intersections, experience of both drivers, etc/

Quote Originally Posted by buddyt
    Lets face it the liberals I talk to all say we should wear a helmet because it will cost them money to keep us in a hospital if we are brain dead. They really don't care about us. Oviously more people are brain dead from driving in cars than on bikes so why don't they recomment we all wear helmets in cars. Been rinding 50 years and a helmet wouldn't have helped me when I landed on my a@@ after a dummy turned left in front of me in 1950. Of course the guy in the car was already brain dead. No cell phones then so he had no excuse. (JUST STUPID) Buddy T.
    2005 1300C, Mustang seat, JCW Floorboards, Memphis shades windshield and lowers, Harley Softail mufflers, leather bags, cobra mini-backrest with oem helmet lock added, 1800S handlebars, Motorcycletunes speakers, Peacefulcruisin tank bib with ipod pocket, 140 db 12v horn, vista-cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by winddance
    liberals see gray - Meaning they can read between the lines, and conservatives only see black and white - Only one viewpoint.
    Making blanket statements about 'liberals' and 'conservatives' sounds like seeing only black and white to me

Yep. Isn't that what Limbaugh is all about?

Quote Originally Posted by jimduchek
    Quote Originally Posted by winddance
    liberals see gray - Meaning they can read between the lines, and conservatives only see black and white - Only one viewpoint.
    Making blanket statements about 'liberals' and 'conservatives' sounds like seeing only black and white to me
    2005 1300C, Mustang seat, JCW Floorboards, Memphis shades windshield and lowers, Harley Softail mufflers, leather bags, cobra mini-backrest with oem helmet lock added, 1800S handlebars, Motorcycletunes speakers, Peacefulcruisin tank bib with ipod pocket, 140 db 12v horn, vista-cruise.

Yep. Isn't that what Limbaugh is all about?
    I suppose. I can't stand the guy. Really, I can't stand liberal talk show hosts either. The two sides have become so divided that most talk show hosts (either side) pander to their audience with such horrible bias...

Default well im not jumping on the band wagon

To many of you see what you want to see. You all love bashing suv's. The crash is still being looked at. Alot of bikes here in ohio are harleys and the majority of them are guys showing off. I do ride a bike and have for over 30 years but if i go out today and drive 55. I bet 70 percent of the bikes i see are speeding and pass me dangeriously.
    Bike are hard to see and when they are doing 10 or 15 miles over the speed limit its hard for a person who does not drive a bike to judge the speed of the bike. And ive also seen bikers pull out in front of myself and other people. Because the bikes are quick and they think they can make it. Im sorry for this guy and im not saying it was his fault. But maybe you all should lighten up im sure this woman is going through hell as it is. Not all cagers are bad and not all bikers are good.
    neo 1300r

KY, Cold Spring-think cincinnati/northern KY

I don't agree with neo6023...
    Quote Originally Posted by neo6023
    The crash is still being looked at. Alot of bikes here in ohio are harleys and the majority of them are guys showing off.
    The majority of bikes in this area are Harley's. But in the crowd of bikers (cruiser...Harley and Metric) that I frequent, the MINORITY are show offs. 1 fellow rides a RUNE and often exceeds 100MPH, 3 ride BIG DOGS and typically ride in excess of 115MPH. In the crotch rocket crowd, I think those that don't show off are the minority.

I actually made the original post still with hard feelings regarding my close calls in the last couple weeks.....

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopi...er=asc&start=0

In my mind, it's not a political issue, right vs left, conservative vs liberal. I see it as car drivers AKA "cagers" as being self centered, self absorbed, careless and irresponsible. Could be a very simplistic view that I have...but it is my view based on my experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael7276
    Heading east on RT. 8 in Northern Ky...Coming in the other direction out of the "S" turn are 4 cars. Car #2 a Camaro, pulls out into my lane crossing the double yellow to pass car #1.... A$$wipe in the Camaro has to see me (headlight and bullet markers on high beam). I'm thinkin this dude has to pull back in his lane. He continued passing car #1 (even though I am stopped on the edge of the road), and whizzes by me....

Other incidents in the last 2 weeks:
    1. Being run off the interstate (I was in the middle lane) by a joker trying to avoid merging traffic.
    2. Nearly being run off the interstate by a soccer mom chatting on her cell phone.
    It is a given, we that ride are harder to see. But I'm pretty sure that nearly 99.9% of bikes on the road have at least one headlight on full time. If someone can't see a motorcycle with it's headlight on OR adequately judge time/distance prior to making a turn, I gotta wonder if they should be on the road.

My MSF instructor said that very few accidents are due to just 1 cause, but probably a "confluence" of several factors. In this cause, the lady driving the SUV most probably was at fault. Perhaps the sun was in her eyes. Maybe the kids in the car were being rowdy. She could have been talking on her cell phone. Could Rory D. Bushelman contributed to his own death? MAYBE! He may have been overdriving his brakes. He may not have been concentrating.

I had a situation similar to this one that changed my life! Lady made a left turn in front of me just as this lady in the SUV did. I didn't go down nor did I hit the car. IT WAS AWFULLY CLOSE! But I was so shaken that I pulled off on the side of the road and cried. Since then I never approach an intersection without anticipating WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN.

I didn't start this thread to divide right vs left, conservative vs liberal (although I do believe that arguments can be healthy, constructive and educational). I'm still angry over my near misses. The bottom line is that I hope someone would gain some "riding awareness" and therby ride more safely.

DISCLAIMER: I don't expect all to agree with my view. I won't have a lesser or greater opinion of you if you DO/DON'T agree with my view and I don't expect you to have a lesser or greater opinion of me because of this post or my opinion.

<I see it as car drivers AKA "cagers" as being self centered, self absorbed, careless and irresponsible. Could be a very simplistic view that I have...>

not simplistic at all.... very accurate.
    08 Ultra Classic Electra Glide

Well stated neo6023.
    Purchased my black 1300R as a retirement gift from me to me. Love every ride on it. Age 54. OK it no longer black now pearl white reflecting blue with airbrush decals clearcoated over. http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/kenskin

Quote Originally Posted by buddyt
    Hey Buddy...welcome to the forum. There's a lot more going on here.
    2004 Yamaha YZ450F~2005 Honda CRF230F~TREK Madone 4.5~TREK 1600 SLR~TREK 4300
    C.R.A.P. Member #19
    C.R.A.P. Here
    I have no friends...

Quote Originally Posted by jimduchek
    Hate to be 'that guy' again (No, okay, really, I enjoy being that guy), and I don't want to make light of the loss of a human life, because it really is tragic... but... If I had to read about every f'n fatal car crash in the US when I'm over on the FWD Mopar board I'd go crazy. If it's not an X'r that posts here that went down, why bother posting it? We all know cagers suck, motorcycling is dangerous, and the media thinks wearing a helmet saves you from all injury in a wreck.
    I kinda agree.....LOTS of people died today of LOTS of causes....

There are lots of bikes out there in the summer....it stands to reason just by statistics that there will be riders killed...I dont think we need to here about everyone to be honest....Its very sad and they are our riding brothers but.....unless it is somewhere close to you and it affects you somehow I dont see the point of posting these either....

It DOES suck that people turn in front of bikes and cause accidents....but mulling over every occurence wont help..we need to take some sort of action as a group and DEMAND that police start prosecuting people for this CRIME.....The lady that nailed Rothlesberger here inthe 'Burgh got away with a slap on the wrist...she committed a crime , caused serious injury to someone and walks.

Nice.

Just like I am sure that Jon Bennet Ramsey;s admited killer wont die himself......its just how the world works.

In the meantime I just try to ride smart and pray that it is not my turn anytime soon.
    2005 1800R (Ol' Ruby)
    RIP: 2005 1300R (Ol' Silver)
    Courtesy and Tolerance.........Courtesy begets Tolerance and Tolerance begets Courtesy.
    AKA -- "Do Unto Others"

yea really can you guys stop posting every time a motorcycle goes down if hes not in some way related to you? Its like every third post is biker down biker killed... kind of making me sick in the tummy a little. please stop.

Quote Originally Posted by whitedime
    I don't see any reason not to wear a helmet...
    well the way i see it i can't see any reason to wear a helmet...trell
    o3 vtx 1300s candy red

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.