IL rider coming for a visit
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IL rider coming for a visit

Default IL rider coming for a visit

I'm a WIVO (Wisconsin / Illinois VTX Owner and I'm coming to Oahu for a business trip / vacation the end of Oct. Would like to ride with some X'ers while I'm out there. Haven't found a rental place with an X so I'm stuck with a HD, but at least its a bike! I rode around the perimeter of Oahu last year (albeit in a quick 3 hours) didn't get to really enjoy the ride since I wasn't sure where I was going. Any help is welcome. Mahalo!

JonD
    2002 1800C / 2003 Retro too much to list too much to do / Regional Coordinator, Warriors' Watch, www.warriorswatch.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Sup Jond. Cappy and I ride with a nice bunch of guys called the Intruders of Hawaii. We ride on Sunday's at 9:30 a.m. (Location is Zippy's on Dilingham)

At the same location I also ride with a few riders on Friday nights time, 7:30 p.m.

Let us know your exact dates and we can meet up. I'm guessing you will be staying in Waikiki if so thats where I live and work so a quick ride after work is no problem.
    Stop whining you lack discipline!

don't know of any VTX rental places but I know a guy who has good rates on various Harley's. His Dealership is located on Kalakaua Ave. and Niu Street located behind the Jack in the Box. Ask for Max.

Location is Waikiki

Aloha Jon D.

If you're interested in doing more riding and less stopping, plus you don't want to feel you're being herded like cattle in a big group of 20-30 riders, there are four to eight of us that meet and ride at 8:30am every Sunday. I'm also one of the guys who rides the island every Friday night, unless the entire island is socked in with rain.

After three years in the club Steve was talking about, I was intruded on one too many times <wink>.

Thanks brothers. I will be on the island from 10/22 - 11/3. I have the bike for the Friday, Sat, Sun. I did end up with an electra glide. Thought I check it out. Wish I could bring the X with, but I think the TSA may have a problem with it as carry on! Don't think I'd trust the baggage handlers with it! I should be staying at the Outrigger Waikiki on the beach. I'll have my cell with me. My # is 847-875-6844.

Lookin forward to riding with you guys!

Mahalo

Jon D
    2002 1800C / 2003 Retro too much to list too much to do / Regional Coordinator, Warriors' Watch, www.warriorswatch.org

Roger that. You'll have the bike the 27th, 28th and 29th. Reach ya @ 847-875-6844. You oughta be able to get some riding in with several groups. Easy to pick you up at the Outrigger in Waikiki. We rode until midnight last night and just got in from a short 40 mile ride tonight. The moon is almost full. Great view past diamond head. In the mean time, ride safe.

~gary

Thanks all! Can't wait to ride with you all. Hopefully the weather cooperates here on the mainland so I can still ride for a couple more months. See everyone in October.

Less than a month to go! Can't wait to ride with you guys. I'm going to ride this weekend to the Wisconsin Dells with a portion of our IL / WI group. Dodging rain will suck, but the bar time should be just fine. See you in a month!

Yeppers . . . gotta ride We rode the island last night , a quick short version, just right at a 100 miles. Sliver of a moon out, hardly any traffic, no rain . . . it was great !!!

bah I been working every saturday and sunday so no time to ride. Once I finish my budget stuff I can ride again.

The Dells ride was a blast! logged in 500 miles and took in some excellent twisties. Ran into a little rain, but mostly sunny and 70. Hope you all had a good weekend. See you soon. Finish that budget crap so we can ride!

Default Re: IL rider coming for a visit

Quote Originally Posted by jond
    I'm a WIVO (Wisconsin / Illinois VTX Owner and I'm coming to Oahu for a business trip / vacation the end of Oct. Would like to ride with some X'ers while I'm out there. Haven't found a rental place with an X so I'm stuck with a HD, but at least its a bike! I rode around the perimeter of Oahu last year (albeit in a quick 3 hours) didn't get to really enjoy the ride since I wasn't sure where I was going. Any help is welcome. Mahalo!

JonD
    How much is a rental bike going to cost you?
    AND how many days do you need one?

Also, you might re-consider riding with these guys....
    They're nothing but biker trash.....You'll end up in all the trashy bars on the island. Probably end up in jail.
    They only attract ugly women wearing leather with spikes......You could end up being dominated in some cellar tied to the rafters.
    I've rode with them before.....now I'm a ruined man.

Cool! I must have found the right crew to ride with The HD is about $125/day and I have it for 3 days. Hope you can join us on a ride.

JonD,

Don't let the locals hook you up with any 'maho's' (it's been 20 years since I've been to Oahu, I think that's the local slang for them...).

Post some pix of riding around the island on the WIVO boards...

Jim
    '04 Neo Retro Red

Jim,

No problem with the pics, I have some from last years quick trip. I'll keep an eye out for the Mahos. Would a VTX bro really let another VTX bro do something wrong or bad

Our Hawaiian VTX brothers wouldn't but the locals might...
    '04 Neo Retro Red

I'll keep an eye out for trouble. Thanks!

3 days till I get to Waikiki! Can't wait! It's getting cold and rainy here so not much riding left in this season, time to switch to the warmer climate. See you guys soon. Keep the rubber side down!

cool beans. This Sunday we have a Shriners run where we do some volunteer stuff with other bikers but I go for the food.

http://streetbikersunitedhawaii.org/200 ... 20bash.htm

My cell is 349-9483.

Steve, did you ride after Shriners?

This was my first year in four that I didn't go. A 15 min ride from the gardens where the club's meet to shriner's hospital; 2 hrs talking story and 1hr to eat if you didn't volunteer to work with a kid inside. Then afterwards Ray would call end of ride . . . . go home.

Steve, Cal, Gene, Donna and I rode the entire island and not a drop of rain. And home by 1:30. That's what I like about leaving at 8:30. Low traffic and some good cruzing on the North Shore.

Jon . . . I'll give you a shout tomorrow if you're checking online at the hotel.

Gary

Hey everyone! I'm in here, can't wait to get the bike later in the week. The weather seems great so far. A little rain is ok, but alot will suck. Still better than back in Chicago. I hope to meet everyone either Friday nite or Sunday morning. 847-875-6844.

Jon

Hey everyone! I'm in here, can't wait to get the bike later in the week. The weather seems great so far. A little rain is ok, but alot will suck. Still better than back in Chicago. I hope to meet everyone either Friday nite or Sunday morning. 847-875-6844.

Jon
    You suck and we all hate you jon!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding bud, have a blast, we go every 2 years to Maui and since we were there this spring I have a ways to go before I can return to paradise

Just thought I would share todays ride with you guys. I had a Patriot Guard mission today for a fallen soldier. Not a new event for me, but none the less it was very sad. The F.cking protestors were there and that just makes me and everyone else a little nuts. The weather today well....sucks. It started out about 45 degrees and soon the lite rain started, then a little sleet. Tomm, Sat we have the veterans day parade and the weather isn't looking any better. Damn I wish I was back in Honolulu! I gotta find a way to move there, I know some of you miss the change in seasons, but buy a picture of crappy non-riding weather and enjoy your year round riding season. Hope to see you guys soon.

Jon

Aloha my brothers! Thought I would drop you a quick note. Went for Patriot Guard welcome home ride this morning. We're having a heat wave, they tell me it got up to 30 degrees. Yes I wore a coat this time, 2 actually. Man I got to get back to Hawaii soon, this weather sucks! Merry Christmas everyone!

Aloha my brothers! Thought I would drop you a quick note. Went for Patriot Guard welcome home ride this morning. We're having a heat wave, they tell me it got up to 30 degrees. Yes I wore a coat this time, 2 actually. Man I got to get back to Hawaii soon, this weather sucks! Merry Christmas everyone!
    I was wondering about this because we don't have a Patriot guard in Hawaii. It would be nice to honor are fellow brothers.

Don't worry Jond its nice and warm for your return. We did have a cold front and it was miserable. It dropped 3 or 4 degrees. Hard to cope with 74 degree weather for us hehe.

I'm starting to plan for my yearly trip back to paradise. Not sure if I'm in October this year, was thinking about possibly right after X-mas and staying thru New Years. Since my son is now at language school in Monterey, CA I'll make a pit stop and see him on my way over / back from the Island. How's everyone been? Riding season is finally in full swing here. Just bought a second X, picked up an 03 Retro with 3000 miles. I'll turn this one into a full dresser. I'll post some photos of my C model, now that the tins are painted and the bike is back together. Take care all and hope to see you guys soon.
    Aloha!
    Jon

I've got my tickets! I will be on Oahu from 10/20/07 - 10/26/07, then to the Big Island until Sat evening, then back to Oahu until 11/3/07. I'll need a bike again. Hope some of you will be riding while I'm there. I had a blast with you all last year. See you soon!

Cool Beans. Check out the new site.

www.intrudersofhawaii.com

Hopefully you get to ride with us again.

1 week to go! I'll be landing in Honolulu next Saturday. Just in time as the weather here is starting to get cold. Rode home last night and the temp read 45 degrees as I passed a bank. Chaps, gloves, full face helmet was not enough I was friggin cold! See everyone in a week. Aloha!

kick ass!

We'll be here.

Currently rainy and about 75 deg.
    2002 VTX 1800C - PCIII, V&H, Custom Paint, Audiovox Cruise Control, Vizor driving lights, Pathblazer

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.