Honda VTX Forum banner

Why can't we be satisfied the way they come?

2K views 38 replies 23 participants last post by  Jim and Colleen 
#1 ·
Just wanted to throw this out there. I as looking through the 109 board and noticed a lot of them are converting to Hal's 280 rear end. I bought the 109 because I was just getting reay to do a 240 on the vtx. I figured for the huge savings and the fact that the bike was designed for a 240 that would be the better way to go.

I think most of the people who bougth the 109 were attracted to it because of the stock 240. So why do they turn around and change it to a 280? It just seems funny! :?:

#27 ·
crew said:
Reaper said:
*** please excuse edit ****

... a modest suggestion ...

Form follows function ...

It works ...

opinions vary ....

all blessings ...

crew

:crew:

So what are you saying here? I need to shave my head?, or need to do some custom work to my razor?, I got a custom razor, if you have to shave your head everyday, and have that much area to shave :wink: You got to have a good razor, and it might as well be custom, spending that much time with it. No worries bro, to each his, or her own, and Oppinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one, LOL, just messing with you, and adding the smile here so you know im kidding, and not trying to start anything with you :twisted: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#28 ·
VTXOAK said:
I think most of the people who bougth the 109 were attracted to it because of the stock 240. So why do they turn around and change it to a 280? It just seems funny! :?:
My guess is similar to some of the earlier answers.
The extra fat rear is intended to draw you attention away from the homely cowled front end!

#29 ·
Thanks folks for all the compliments.... seriously, I really appreciate it!

I'm just a normal guy... who wanted a custom bike. All I really wanted was a raked front end, nice wheels and custom paint job. A nice change to my daily rider.... I love the VTX1800... simply an awesome powerful cruiser.

Then one thing lead to another!

Here is a link to more, actually all the photos from the V-Twin shoot with Don Rogers:
http://www.randallkipker.com/chopper/

RKip 8)

#31 ·
Duck said:
I left my bike stock except for the paint.I paint for a living so it was the only accessory I could easily afford.Plus you don't see very many Neo's around here 8)
Do people see more Neo's in other parts of the country :?:
I've only seen about a 1/2 dozen M109's on the street so far.
I bought the neo becasue I'd never seen one on the road. To this date, I've only seen one. :)

To answer the main question, if man never wanted anything better, We'd still be carring around clubs and dragging our women around by thier hair.

#32 ·
Reaper said:
KenzX said:
The majority of cruiser riders add at least some accessories, and most of the sport bikes I have seen appear to be stock. Hmmm....I guess most sport bike riders go for function, and most of us go for individuality.

I also wonder how many of us who have added extensively to our bikes drive a "stock" car...I know I do.

I drive a mostly stock car, but there are a few mods.

As for the sport bikes, I know alot of them, and they do alot of mods, but I wouldnt have known it till they told me, and had shown me a few of the things they did. The ones I know do exhausets, led blinkers, blinker relocation, they get parts chromed, different sprockets, and a alot of other things im missing here.
Coming over from the sport bike crowd I can tell you that a lot of sportbike guys add mods as well as us cruiser folk. Only difference is cruiser is more for show (chrome this and that) and sportbike is mostly for go (performance mods).

Indeed most of the mods done to a sportbike are hard to see, most of them are performance mods dealing with the engine, suspension, and exhaust. The new seats are a must, as all bikes. But usually you have to ask the sportbike guy what his mods are to actually get the skinny. The only ones you can really see yourself (without any prior knoledge) are usally exhaust cans. And ocassionally you'll see the rare sportbike with an aftermarket paintjob.

#33 ·
#34 ·
Reaper said:
crew said:
Reaper said:

It works ...

opinions vary ....

all blessings ...

crew

So what are you saying here? I need to shave my head?, or need to do some custom work to my razor?, I got a custom razor, if you have to shave your head everyday, and have that much area to shave :wink: You got to have a good razor, and it might as well be custom, spending that much time with it. No worries bro, to each his, or her own, and Oppinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one, LOL, just messing with you, and adding the smile here so you know im kidding, and not trying to start anything with you :twisted: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I've used one of these for almost a decade now and they are one of the truly great inventions of our time ...

You've got to use a blade to get the shine ... and this one really works ...

Slip it on your finger like a ring ... no need to use a mirror ...

With riding ... with or without a helmet ... it gets the job done here in Florida where the two lane blacktop gets egg cooker toasty ...

:click: http://www.headblade.com/

No ... :a13: I don't shave WHILE riding ... :wink:

Did I mention bugs :?:

but ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

#35 ·
crew said:
Reaper said:
crew said:
Reaper said:

It works ...

opinions vary ....

all blessings ...

crew

I've used one of these for almost a decade now and they are one of the truly great inventions of our time ...

You've got to use a blade to get the shine ... and this one really works ...

Slip it on your finger like a ring ... no need to use a mirror ...

With riding ... with or without a helmet ... it gets the job done here in Florida where the two lane blacktop gets egg cooker toasty ...

:click: http://www.headblade.com/

No ... :a13: I don't shave WHILE riding ... :wink:

Did I mention bugs :?:

but ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

How do I get one.

#37 ·
I just received a few Christmas presents...among them were the compass! and what I really wanted, the Kewl black face clock that mounts on the reservoir!! and a couple VTX shirts and a new riding jacket...oh and a new MP3 player!! this was my kind of Christmas: for my bike!! my long awaited chrome side covers will here be also! hope everyone's is a nice as mine! remember, what you give comes back to you in other ways!! so give with all your heart!

#39 ·
VTXOAK said:
Just wanted to throw this out there. I as looking through the 109 board and noticed a lot of them are converting to Hal's 280 rear end. I bought the 109 because I was just getting reay to do a 240 on the vtx. I figured for the huge savings and the fact that the bike was designed for a 240 that would be the better way to go.

Hmm. Sorry, I simply will not honor you with a reply because I see no reason, none at all, to waste my time on someone with a Rune, an 1800Retro, and an M109!

Leave us mortals alone.

:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.