Honda VTX Forum banner

Honda Forum Or Not?

6K views 135 replies 68 participants last post by  Warhorse 
#1 ·
Am I the only one that is tired of all the Harley Davidson talk around here? I could have sworn that I joined a Honda forum. I bought my X back in 05 and I am relativly new here. But for the life of me I cant understand why we are so "understanding" about the whole H-D thing. Are we just a bunch of Honda riders waiting until we can afford a H-D? Or are we setting an example for the whole motorcycle community about riding and not what type bike we ride? I know I love all types of bikes but really I would like to be able to proud of my beloved X and not worry about Harley riders that had a VTX a few years ago get pissed because I like what I ride. I guess I am just on a rant but I am tired of being apologinic towards H-D riders on a Honda forum. Thats what I say! What say you?

#53 ·
I think that in North America THE reference in motorcycles is HD. Which I think is normal because it's THE "local" bike. So yes, there will be people who are proud of it, other who fall into the "sheep" category and follow what others say, and there will be other who think independently and go with what is for them.

That being said, I think it's normal to hear the HD vs. Honda in our forums, mainly because we have a bike we love and it's being compared to the THE reference. Then again, I also see the VTX vs. Fury stuff on our "VTX" forum. So now, try to make be believe that married men don't look at a beautiful woman walking by, even though they have the ring around the finger to remind them of the noose around the neck.

I personnaly wouldn't pay 3X the price for 3/4 the bike for a HD, but I don't mind if other people have to cash to blow on one.

Happy ridin'

Shak

#54 ·
Funny indeed..... there are quite a few Spike..... and I didn't notice you post on this thread or some of the others in the HD Forums. There are quite a few others, but this one is especially interesting....

http://hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/364235-103-sg-vs-vtx-1800-a.html

And a few others.... notice that when someone mentions Honda or another brand they get spanked pretty good.....
http://hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/365555-honda-fury.html
Yup, the same crap happens over there, too...no motorcycle Internet message board is any different than this one! I peruse HDForums to get info on maintaining my wife's Ultra Classic. I've read all kinds of stuff over there about Honda this...Kawasaki that...Suzuki this...Yamaha that! :roll: The only time I'm bashing HD is when I'm doing it in fun, and we have alot of that around my own home. :lol:

To the OP, just don't read it. You can clearly see the title to the thread before you jump in, so just skip it and move on to another topic. And if you happen to get "suckered" in to a thread that mentions HD, just click that red square with a white X in the top right-hand corner of your screen and start over. :mrgreen:

#55 ·
Says it all

95% of Harley Davidsons made in the last five years are still on the road today. The other 5% made it home!

and this is your tag line, enough said.
:agree: Someone has HD issues. :roll:

I've read all the posting rules on this site and I seemed to have missed the one that says, "YOU MUST ONLY DISCUSS HONDA MOTORCYCLES IN ALL THREADS". :dontknow:

Some people are a little more open minded than others, and to me this is a GOOD THING!

nojoke

Perhaps you should start a HONDA SNOB web site, where you'll be happy. :dontknow:

#58 ·
Forgot to answer the questions:

Am I the only one that is tired of all the Harley Davidson talk around here? Yup! I could have sworn that I joined a Honda forum. I bought my X back in 05 and I am relativly new here. But for the life of me I cant understand why we are so "understanding" about the whole H-D thing. Are we just a bunch of Honda riders waiting until we can afford a H-D? Nope! Or are we setting an example for the whole motorcycle community about riding and not what type bike we ride? I am! I know I love all types of bikes but really I would like to be able to proud of my beloved X and not worry about Harley riders that had a VTX a few years ago get pissed because I like what I ride. I guess I am just on a rant but I am tired of being apologinic towards H-D riders on a Honda forum. Thats what I say! What say you?

#60 ·
its not what you ride, it is that we get to, we are free to ride anything we want to, the brand of motorcycle should not be a factor in who you ride with, we are brothers and sisters of motorcycles..........thats how i feel about it.....don

#61 ·
Hey, when you ride the best, Honda, of course, it is sort of fun to poke a little fun at those "other" brands. Personally I enjoy the threads. I know some people get annoyed, but isn't it nice to know you can honestly say you are on a bike that out performs a lot of other bikes, not just power, but reliability, and have a little fun with it along the way! JMHO

#62 ·
I was just reflecting on this thread and a question popped up.

I was wondering if this issue would have had the same impact and attention if this was Suzuki vs. BMW, or Yamaha vs. Victory.

Shak

#63 ·
While I can appreciate where your coming from, ignore them, nothing says you got to read them....... :mrgreen: Im sure you have been around long enough to know people aint going to act like you think they should, I know I have :thumbup: . Have a good one

:agree: General Board means anything generally motorcycle related.
Nothing toget all huffy puffy about.

Many of our VTX community riders have Harleys, Hondas, Suzukis, and many more types of bikes. That doesn't mean they can't come here and talk topics.
If you don't like HD's, then fine. But not all HD Riders are A Holes. Many are good guys and gals that like to ride as we all do. Get over the old ideals of HD riders. Many guys just like to ride and have a good time with out bashing.
And if you are a HD guy that bashes Honda, Then you shuld not come to this community. But it goes 2 ways. there isn't a reason for us to bash the HD guys based on a few A Holes out there with No Brains that think the HD is the up most of all bikes.
There are many other brands out there that are just as nice and dependable to ride. You ride what you want
It is all about the ride and the freedom that is involved when out on it.

#64 ·
Its not the HD bikes, they are nice enough (overpriced and old tech....but not my problem) its either what they do to people...or its the type of people who are attracted to them; snide remarks are all but manditory from Davisdson riders, when you tell them what you ride...its the first thing out of their mouths and then the whole conversation turns to how much better they are for having bought a HD, the real problem these are mostly overweight, balding, 55 year olds who are not (and have never been 'cool') people by any means and all of a sudden because they spend 25 grand (after the extras) on a 12 grand motorcycle...they think they all of a sudden are 'super cool'; I try...I really try to treat them as fellow bikers, but they don't want it...it's just one long, boring conversation based on their opinion that there are only two types of bikers...those who have Harleys...and those who wish they did...I almost bought a HD, but the type of people who ride them...not the bikes themselves, stoped me...I'm not that way and have no desire to be around those that are...leave them in their little leather underware clad world where they can worship at the alter of the Great and Powerful (well not so much really) OZ...I mean HD8)

#66 ·
And again, all true . . . but only in a General Sense. Many HD riders are snobs and don't want to talk to anyone who rides anything else, but who cares. Many of them are 1%'ers and they wouldn't talk to you anyway, so don't sweat it!

I ride with a group here in West TN and we are a very mixed bag of riders, with everything from Street Glides, and Ultra Classics, to VTX 1300's and 1800's, and Goldwings, and even a couple choppers thrown in. We even have a guy riding a Triumph Rocket III, now THAT is one screamin' machine, my friends!!

I have done rides where I am the ONLY Honda rider in the group, and I don't feel the least bit slighted or ashamed, my bike looks and rides great, and they don't care. I have done rides where there are 4 or 5 VTX's in the group and only a couple HD's and they don't care either.

"Just ride, baby, let's just ride!!" hehe, funny line from Wild Hogs.

#67 ·
In the smaller towns, esp. the ones without a HD dealership nearby, you will find a 'mix' of riders (even then many of the Davidson rider can't help themselves with the wise cracks) but in the larger cities with HD stealerships...they don't want your company (not all, but most) its just weird really, no other 'brand whorship' I can think of is this way...for gods sake they even get HD tattoos (maybe John Deer is a distant second...lol) but really, this goes way beyond their choice in motorcycles, it much bigger, it their way of attempting to become an 'idea' that buying a bike can not do for them; I have friends at work who ride HDs and they are my friends, but even they fall into this 'thing' and it gets old...HD rider asks...what do you ride? Honda VTX...HD says, oh I'm so sorry for you...funny, no not the 1000th time, expected...yes; odd, a shrink could right a book on this I bet...lol
and it never ends, it takes over most conversations, it is, well, just plain boring...I wish they would just get over it and we bikers could come together...like Rodney King said...can't we all just get along;), but its up to them...and there are locked in:-?

#68 ·
LOL. Some guys truly remind me of when I was in elementary school. There was a certain tennis shoe called "Chuck Taylor", who I have now forgotten who he was. If you wore "Chucks" you could be considered cool. But now if you wore just plain old "keds" there was something wrong with you. These guys actually thought having a certain shoe on made them somehow better than others. These guys are your present day Harley riders, identifying their importance with what it says on the gas tank. Not all mind you, but you guys know what I mean. :lol:

#69 ·
Honda forum or not?

One of my HD riding friends asked me to confirm a rumor regarding our board. He said he heard that we sometimes give parts to each other for free, work on each others bikes, help solve problems, teach each other. I said that the rumor was in fact true in most situations. He said we were nuts that they would never do that on their site. I guess it's the pride factor they have like Dan said about the Chucks (never could afford them..PF Flyers). I told him that most of us were just the average working person who had responsibilities to their families and couldn't afford a $600 a month bike note and realizing that we can't go to the stealer to have a mirror put on someone learned how to and shared it with others. This is a great board. Maybe they hang out with us from time to time trying to learn.

#70 ·
WOW I am amazed and confused by the level of crap simply posting about a Harley Davidson MOTORCYCLE on a General MOTORCYCLE board can cause. :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

If all you want to read about is your style of bike I believe that there is still links to each the 1300 and 1800 forums.

I have added the links for those of you who seem to have a problem finding them!

1300 http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

1800 http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

and for those who just love to complain...
http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=...om/complaints/?puslf=gl+complaint+forum+Exact

#71 ·
WOW I am amazed and confused by the level of crap simply posting about a Harley Davidson MOTORCYCLE on a General MOTORCYCLE board can cause. :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

If all you want to read about is your style of bike I believe that there is still links to each the 1300 and 1800 forums.

I have added the links for those of you who seem to have a problem finding them!

1300 http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

1800 http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

and for those who just love to complain...
http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=...om/complaints/?puslf=gl+complaint+forum+Exact
:yikes: Strangely enough there are a lot of posts of people having problems:yikes:

:popcorn:

Grundle "I could never resist throwing gas on a fire.. I have the burns to prove it"

#72 ·
Funny indeed..... there are quite a few Spike..... and I didn't notice you post on this thread or some of the others in the HD Forums. There are quite a few others, but this one is especially interesting....

http://hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/364235-103-sg-vs-vtx-1800-a.html

And a few others.... notice that when someone mentions Honda or another brand they get spanked pretty good.....
http://hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/365555-honda-fury.html

Like I said in a previous post, IF and WHEN I want to read information on or about HD's I visit the HD board, for Gold Wings I go to the GL1800 Board, for Valkyrie's I go to the VRCC and VOIA, and when I want to read info related to VTX's I come here.... but lately I have seen waaaaay too much HD stuff on this board. Whatever happened to the Honda VS HD board?

I did notice that on the HD forums they have a different forum for each model HD and one for insurance etc etc. They have quite a few options or categories, and probably a bit too many.... but so be it.
You piced 2 threads from the week while I was on my ride out to Denver for the VTX Ride In. But here's one thread where I contributed and as you can see I did not bash Honda or the VTX
http://hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/70135-huh.html

I also keep pretty much to the Touring section of that site. Rarely do I go to the General board and only occasionally do I go onto the Great Lakes regional board.
Like I've said before and people that I know and ride with me know, I will ride with anyone on anything. I wave to all 2 wheeled vehicles, even catch myself waving to scooters because I don't look at what is coming, if it has 1 headlamp and 1 rider, I wave. I also stop for any bike that is pulled over broke down. What I don;t like is people, on either side of the brand fence, that lump ALL HD riders into a group or ALL Honda riders into a group and say things like "All HD riders are snobs/jerks/a-holes, etc..."
No, they are not, only some are and they ride all brands of bikes. ;)

#73 ·
LOL. Some guys truly remind me of when I was in elementary school. There was a certain tennis shoe called "Chuck Taylor", who I have now forgotten who he was. If you wore "Chucks" you could be considered cool. But now if you wore just plain old "keds" there was something wrong with you. These guys actually thought having a certain shoe on made them somehow better than others. These guys are your present day Harley riders, identifying their importance with what it says on the gas tank. Not all mind you, but you guys know what I mean. :lol:
Unfortunately I have seen some of the same response here from 1800 owners towards 1300 owners and vice versa, darksiders towards mt riders and vice-versa. Maybe we should all just lighten up and go out and ride. All of us bought the bike we did for a reason, be it prestige, looks, FI, mechanical soundness, etc. Someone else may disagreee with my reasons, but it is MY bike, and ultimately MY reasons are the only ones important to ME.

#74 ·
95% of Harley Davidsons made in the last five years are still on the road today. The other 5% made it home!

and this is your tag line, enough said.
HA HA HA HA HA HA I changed my signature line because of CHICAGO SPIKES comment about the "PEANUT GALLERY" in a previous thread. It is just a joke really. I like all bikes and own a KLR650 that is my favorite bike. I know I should just ride the 18S and be happy but the ole KLR is just a great all around bike. And honestly I like H-D's as well the 1200C, V-ROD, and Street Glide are the only H-D's I would own.

#75 ·
HA HA HA HA HA HA I changed my signature line because of CHICAGO SPIKES comment about the "PEANUT GALLERY" in a previous thread. It is just a joke really. I like all bikes and own a KLR650 that is my favorite bike. I know I should just ride the 18S and be happy but the ole KLR is just a great all around bike. And honestly I like H-D's as well the 1200C, V-ROD, and Street Glide are the only H-D's I would own.
JMC my last bike was the KLR650 damn I miss that bike! It was fun as hell to ride. I just hope I don't get bashed for talking about something other than a Honda.

#76 ·
To Grundle

:yikes: Strangely enough there are a lot of posts of people having problems:yikes:

:popcorn:

Grundle "I could never resist throwing gas on a fire.. I have the burns to prove it"
If someone looks at your bike and doesn't give at least 1 or 2 ahs or ohs then they just don't like bikes.

The only bike I've ever looked at and didn't like was the one recently on a thread with crocheted stuff all over it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.