Honda VTX Forum banner

Roar to the shore sept 13

4K views 63 replies 15 participants last post by  Peteo 
#1 ·
The 3rd Annual Rubber Duck Boardwalk Ride. Begins in Wildwood NJ on Sunday Sept 13 at 12:30pm. We missed last year because of weather.
Sound like a good time ? :doorag::doorag:
More to follow as we get closer to date. 13 days away from today!!

Flyer & photos http://www.roartotheshoreonline.com/ride.html

#2 ·
I'm in for this ride

Also I think the night before or the 2th is Lansdale bike night

#5 ·
I should be able to make this.

#6 ·
We missed last year because of weather.

Did it snow & Ice up? :p

Man I can't wait for this F - house to sell. :evil:

#11 ·
Plans to ROAR

Sunday Sept 13. We'll be heading to Wildwood New Jersey. Hopefully, as many of us VTXer's as possible will be able to join in.

I figure on Meeting at Holy Redeemer Health Care Center Parking Lot 1821 Huntingdon Pike (232 and Rockledge Ave.) Huntingdon Valley KSU 8 am.
Then 95 South to WW bridge to 42 South to Rt. 55 South to the end of Rt55. Which dumps you on to Rt 47 S.
Where almost immediately on the Right side is a little Tan one story breakfast place. I don't remember the name but it's hard to miss if you are looking for it. Here other groups can meet up and we will eat breakfast. KSU Around !0: 15 am.
Then following 47S about a 1hr ride into Wildwood no turns just 47s. Meeting at THE BOAT HOUSE parking lot at 11:30 am( on you right just as you come over the bridge into Wildwood @ !st light.( this is Rio Grande Ave.)

Here those coming from other areas or already down there can meetup.
Maybe the Mid -Atlantic guys
From here we can get gas, do the Boardwalk Ride as a group ( which meets about 10 min away ) Beginning @ 12:30pm. Or do whatever we want

:doorag::doorag::doorag::doorag::doorag: :doorag::doorag::doorag::doorag::doorag: :doorag::doorag::doorag::doorag::doorag: :doorag::doorag::doorag::doorag::doorag: :doorag::doorag:

#12 ·
It looks like a weekend event. We (the GF and I) might head down there saturday and spend the night. :thumbup: Weather pending. :dontknow:
If I can go I'm going to shoot for overnite Sat. into Sun. Any idea where you'd be staying?

#14 ·
If I can go I'm going to shoot for overnite Sat. into Sun. Any idea where you'd be staying?
I got a place 20 miles away... only hotel around that I could use my comp points :dontknow: Unless I wanted to take the ferry to DE :roll:
I've stayed here before... last time I went to Roar2theShore... not your 5star hotel but, it was clean and your only sleeping anyway.

Econo Lodge (NJ708)
119 US 9 S. , Marmora, NJ, US, 08223 Phone: (609) 390-3366

Should be at wildwood late saturday morning early afternoon & will be leaving Sunday after the boardwalk ride.

#15 ·
Pete Sweet Pickles and I plan on making this. For us it will be easier to be waiting to join up on 55. We will be waiting for you at 322 and join in on the fly. Anybody else that this works for and wants to ride together let me know. Pete if we should manage to miss you going by we'll meet you at the Boathouse.

#18 ·
Pete Sweet Pickles and I plan on making this. For us it will be easier to be waiting to join up on 55. We will be waiting for you at 322 and join in on the fly. Anybody else that this works for and wants to ride together let me know. Pete if we should manage to miss you going by we'll meet you at the Boathouse.
Pete I reread your post if we miss you on 55 we'll meet you for breakfast.

#19 ·
As stated I will not know if I'm going till maybe thursday. My wife had her first radiation therapy session today and so far so good. If I can go I want to go on saturday,stay over and leave after the boardwalk ride.

#21 ·
As stated I will not know if I'm going till maybe thursday. My wife had her first radiation therapy session today and so far so good. If I can go I want to go on saturday,stay over and leave after the boardwalk ride.

That is our plan. If you do it and want we could hook up Saturday sometime... Maria & I plan on heading down to Cape May to cruise around Saturday afternoon, sight see, grab a bite to eat then head back up Ocean Dr. over to the mayhem in WW :thumbup:

But as with any rally... best made plans never happen :lol::dontknow::lol:

#23 ·
Sounds like all is going pretty well....I hope Ang is feeling better.

#25 ·
Sounds like all is going pretty well....I hope Ang is feeling better.
She has to do 32 more sessions, Mon-Fri for the next 6 weeks. She's getting around with the aid of a cane so that is a plus. I'm hoping to have her stay at her mom's on Sat night so I can make the ride.

#26 ·
She has to do 32 more sessions, Mon-Fri for the next 6 weeks. She's getting around with the aid of a cane so that is a plus. I'm hoping to have her stay at her mom's on Sat night so I can make the ride.
Maybe we can get some Pa VTX'ers to drop by for a visit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.