Cheap but Decent Motels in Your Area
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cheap but Decent Motels in Your Area

Default Cheap but Decent Motels in Your Area

Planning a coast to coast ride in late May and was hoping the VTX gang in New Mexico could lend a hand. The plan is west coast (south of LA) to east coast (Kill Devil Hills, NC) with lots of stops in between.

I'll stop for a night somewhere in New Mexico and I'm looking for some place that is cheap but decent in the central to south-central region of the state.

Right now the plan is to drive from Phoenix to maybe Socorro, but I'm relatively open for spots to stop.

Thanks in advance for the input.
    ---
    The law will never make a man free; it is men who have got to make the law free.
    Henry David Thoreau

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

There is a fairly new Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express in Socorro.
    If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas!
    States I've visited on a MC

'04 VTX1800C, magenta dress
    '06 Goldwing, dark red comfort package

Quote Originally Posted by Hardway
    There is a fairly new Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express in Socorro.
    Thansk, Hardway, but Holiday Inn is not really my idea of cheap.

Here in Cedar City, UT, you can get a decent motel for $30 to $40 a night. These are locally owned spots, not chain outlets. The problem with chains is that they manipulate the price based on national sales, not on local. That keeps prices artificially high.

Nope, I was hoping to get word on something with a little lower price and maybe more local flavor.

In the past I've just checked into whatever I find along the way. You'd be amazed at the number of small motels in out of the way towns that are still in the $30 range, but they're getting harder to find.
    ---
    The law will never make a man free; it is men who have got to make the law free.
    Henry David Thoreau

There a days inn socorro for 39.00 Go to roomsavers.com for coupons across the us. a couple of other place down on main street.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.