Honda VTX Forum banner

PCIII Review so far

2K views 35 replies 7 participants last post by  Reaper 
#1 ·
Well I put it on, and the softwere that came with it wasnt working for crap, went to there web site, (WELL THE WIFE DID) and down loaded new softwere, along with the closest map to my bike I could find, and took her out fore a ride. I have no clue what my gas milage will be, and not sure I even care after that ride. When I got my Cobra three pot I felt it fixed things I didnt even know were wrong with the bike, well the PCIII did more of the same, and holly crap this bike is really different, she is really snappy, throttle response is way different, and the small dead spot between 55-65 seems almost gone, rolling along at 55, dropped the throttle and was over 100 before I could even think about it. FAST, QUICK, no back fire, no decel popping, at this point im loving it. I feel like I just got a new bike, but got to keep the best of the old one.

#3 ·
2FS4LV said:
Cool. Now lets go to Acrotechs and get custom maps. :D

Yep its on my list for June sometime I hope. Asking for it for my birthday, and fathers day gift, LOL . I want to get my valves done first. The bike is running like a raped ape right now, I cant belive how different it was last night, could get the smile off my face when I got home.

G
#7 ·
i assume i should zero in on an air filter before going? i am waiting for this weekend to pull the trigger. i am probably going to stick with my sturgis thunder muffler even though it has a rash! A new clutch won't be needed to go get it dynoed will it? i was going to do the clutch this winter.

#8 ·
Wow, dont know whats up, but checked the gas milage yester day, when low fuel light came on with only 85 miles on the bike, and I was getting only 25 miles to the gallon, think I will try a different map now till I can get the custom one, cuz I started with 35 miles to the gallon, and for me that was about 4 better then I was getting.

#9 ·
Reaper said:
Wow, dont know whats up, but checked the gas milage yester day, when low fuel light came on with only 85 miles on the bike, and I was getting only 25 miles to the gallon, think I will try a different map now till I can get the custom one, cuz I started with 35 miles to the gallon, and for me that was about 4 better then I was getting.

Lay off the throttle bro! :lol: Just kidding. Save up for a custom map and we'll go get them done.

Me, you, and Wubaru will be needing them. I can see a dyno tech session in Acros future. What do you think Mike? Can we all get done the same day? Group rate? :D

#10 ·
2FS4LV said:
Reaper said:

Lay off the throttle bro! :lol: Just kidding. Save up for a custom map and we'll go get them done.

Me, you, and Wubaru will be needing them. I can see a dyno tech session in Acros future. What do you think Mike? Can we all get done the same day? Group rate? :D

Yea, well guilty there :twisted: Doing burnouts at work in the lot, dont tell the wife, she is still freaking out over how much tires cost for a bike, and that I dont seem to care with how I burn them away, LMAO. I really need to stop doing that.

#11 ·
Reaper said:
2FS4LV said:
Reaper said:

Yea, well guilty there :twisted: Doing burnouts at work in the lot, dont tell the wife, she is still freaking out over how much tires cost for a bike, and that I dont seem to care with how I burn them away, LMAO. I really need to stop doing that.
Dan,
That is about what I was getting with it also. The only problem I had was finding someone to put it on a dyno. I would of had to drive it about 4 hours to get it done and cost me about $350 to have it done.

Later
David

#12 ·
Storm'n-X said:
Reaper said:
2FS4LV said:
Reaper said:

Dan,
That is about what I was getting with it also. The only problem I had was finding someone to put it on a dyno. I would of had to drive it about 4 hours to get it done and cost me about $350 to have it done.

Later
David

Yea, im not tobugged, there are about three of us that need to get to acrotechs place for a dyno, but till that happens I will try a few more maps, I got another good one sitting here, just waiting to be loaded up, I will see what this one brings.

#13 ·
Reaper said:
Burnouts! :lol: Awesome. I like em too! Felicia doesn't care but she doesn't know how much tires are yet. :lol: I need to stop em too! But I like to do them a lot. :D

#15 ·
So far the new map off bearasses site is working really good for me. I was hitting the throttle hard all day today, plus a few burnouts, and so far the gas light hasnt come on and im at 110 with it, and thats about were it always came on, and she would take 3 1/2 galons at that point. The bike ran better then ever today. I think I might check the plugs tomorrow see how they look, but so far this map is the $hit.

I still will do a dyno, and custom.

#17 ·
About new map

Hi Reaper,i am really interest on these map maybe you can help me with it ,because my bike is giving me also 25 miles to a gallon and.I like to save ,$$$ pm me thank you, what I know about my bike it has been dyno, as you know Iam new in bikes still learning.

#18 ·
Re: About new map

el vaquero said:
Hi Reaper,i am really interest on these map maybe you can help me with it ,because my bike is giving me also 25 miles to a gallon and.I like to save ,$$$ pm me thank you, what I know about my bike it has been dyno, as you know Iam new in bikes still learning.

Hey bro, I just got my PCIII a few weeks back, and am trying the second map, the map im using came from a guys 2004 C model, there is nothing to loading new maps, and if you dont have a way to do it, we can do it at my house, my wife has it all on her laptop, and we bring it right to the garage and down load a map, then its just trying it out to see if it works well with your bike. This summer there is a few of us that are going to get down to Acrotechs place for Dynos and custom maps. This is the second map I have tryed now and so far with my second tank of gas with it, it seems to be pretty good.

#19 ·
Reaper thanks for the answer so quick. I know have been watching the board all this time you are a good help to every bady thankyou for been like that. It's great how this map is working for you I thought my was normal for a bike with all these changes more power more gas that is why. I do want to try that map in my bike, also want to go with you guys if you get together to go to acrotechs place to check it out if it was done or not maybe he was the one did my bike dynos the person that I bought it, from talk me that it was done in the Illinois border so let me know when and what time is more convenience for you to try that map in I get off work at 2 o'clock, maybe we can plan a ride sometime thanks again.

#20 ·
el vaquero said:
Reaper thanks for the answer so quick. I know have been watching the board all this time you are a good help to every bady thankyou for been like that. It's great how this map is working for you I thought my was normal for a bike with all these changes more power more gas that is why. I do want to try that map in my bike, also want to go with you guys if you get together to go to acrotechs place to check it out if it was done or not maybe he was the one did my bike dynos the person that I bought it, from talk me that it was done in the Illinois border so let me know when and what time is more convenience for you to try that map in I get off work at 2 o'clock, maybe we can plan a ride sometime thanks again.

If you want to try one this weekend let me know, wife and I are both off, and we will load up a map on your bike for you to try. If I remember you got the V&H pipes, and hyper charger, and that is what this guy had, but, he has quiet baffles like I di, it shouldnt be to much different, but its worth a try if you want to.

#21 ·
Yes I like to try.just let me Know what time is good for you and when, I haven't work weekends in a long time, also let me know if you want me to bring any thankyou.

#22 ·
el vaquero said:
Yes I like to try.just let me Know what time is good for you and when, I haven't work weekends in a long time, also let me know if you want me to bring any thankyou.

I should be done helping Joe by 12:00 1:00 Tomorrow(Saturday) If I dont hear from you I will call you, and we can load you up a new map.

G
#25 ·
Got my PCIII in the mail yesterday. Holy crap there is a lot of stuff to read and figure out!!! :shock: :shock: This one looks like a 3 beer project! Reaper, any tips??? Spinner says to put it in the tool box holder so that the seat won't damage it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.