How many miles can I get out of full tank of gas on VTX1300?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many miles can I get out of full tank of gas on VTX1300?

Default How many miles can I get out of full tank of gas on VTX1300?

I was just wondering how many miles should I expect out of a full tank of gas from my new VTX1300. I guess I am asking an average. Probably mostly highway travel. Thanks.

OhioBob
    2006 VTX 1300C - Black(very fast) : Bubs JH : 1800C seat mod/BADX mod : sticker removal mod : reflector removal mod : WorkingClassChoppers spikes :

Bub Club Member # 355 : LOUD & PROUD!!!
    Powered by JESUS!!! "It'll fit, just keep hitting it!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

You will get various answers but I can say the last tank got me 129 mi. I normally get gas every other ride so I don't hit my reserve often.
    05 VTX 1300RS Silver
    When in doubt...use a hammer!

I look for gas at 140 miles. At 149 I am switching to reserve.

I haven't had much of a chance to really test to see how far I can go on one tank of gas. I have been wanting to test it but once I get more miles I usually am going somewhere that would not be a good idea to run out of gas. Now that I work closer to home I have been trying to test it. On my way to work on Friday I had to hit reserve at 119 miles. too many short trips back and forth to work. ON todays ride I got to 135 miles and we stopped for gas. Not sure how much farther I could have gone before hitting reserve. That ride was mostly highway. So still testing it out.
    Monica
    2006 Honda VTX 1300S with extras including Badx seat mod, Hicks CTR I installed myself, new lights coming soon.

Well I just read a review of the VTX 1300 in rider magazine, and they rated the average mpg at around 40. The fuel capacity is 4.8 gallons.So roughly 200 miles per tank of fuel. The thing to remember is a lot depends on how you ride as an individual. I have found that if I stay under 65 mph I get much better milage.
    Lisa

This is my own interpretation of the information available and I may be completely wrong
    "L A lady blue jean baby, she married a music man, ballerina ya' must have seen her dancing in the sand"- Elton John

milage depends on your riding style just cruzin around I'll hit reserve aroung 145-150 if I'm really haulin [80plus] I'll hit reserve at 120-135 two up about the same I did get get a little better when it was pure stock but if your like the rest of us on here nothing ever stays stock long.
    1300S ,Black and chrome,the only way to go!!!

Believe it or not, I get around 165-170 on a tank. As far as I can remember that is prior to hitting reserve. Oh yeah, and that is doing between 65-70 mph.
    Former *BUB CLUB* member
    (Former 200 Club member)

Default Re: How many miles can I get out of full tank of gas on VTX1

Quote Originally Posted by rsnellman
    I was just wondering how many miles should I expect out of a full tank of gas from my new VTX1300. I guess I am asking an average. Probably mostly highway travel. Thanks.

Bob
    I have a speedohealer so my mileage is dead-on accurate.

@ 72-75 mph cruising on the highway, I usually have to cut over to reserve @ 135 miles (ranges from 130 to 140). If I am on the curvies and doing 35-55 mph, I can get 160 miles before hitting reserve.

Thats my experience with a stock airbox x no rejetting.
    "This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." Will Rogers

depends on how you ride, I usually ride pretty hard and would get 40 mpg but one time me and a buddy were riding 65 the whole trip, I was getting 50+ mpg I hit 150 miles and still haven't hit reserve
    Titanium 2005 VTX 1300 C - Hard Krome 2.5 American Classics, ISO Grips, Throttle Boss, Deep Dish Bezels, Dually Iso Pegs, Mustang Seat, MS Batwing, Darkside

I typically run out and have to switch to the reserve at around 160 - 165 miles. I run 87 Octane name brand fuels like Sunoco, Exxon or Shell. I rejetted the carbs, put on a Kury Hypercharger when I installed my HK 3" longs. I did not measure mileage prior to those changes so I can't tell what the impact on mileage was compared to the stock configuration.
    2006 VTX 1300S Black
    2007 GL1800 Metallic Blue
    2004 Valkyrie Rune Black Cherry

I coasted in to a gas station with 191 miles on the odometer one time. I would suggest finding fuel at around the 150 mile mark to be on the safe side.
    Proud C.R.A.P. Member #29 - 2004 1300c Black, BuBs

"An excellent man, like precious metal, is in every way invariable; A villain, like the beams of a balance, is always varying, upwards and downwards." - John Locke

I started placing a small wood block under the kickstand during fueling and take on a bit more fuel. Doing that gets me to 185 to 190 on the Main. I know I can go 33 miles after reserve ( I just had to find that out once).
    As Always Peaceful Cruisin’
    BLACK POWER

Default mpg

I've topped it off standing the bike up and then did 210 miles without running out, I regularly get 42-44 mpg.
    Later, Dan

Ususlly have to switch to reserve at around 150-155. Ran it out of gas once on purpose to see how man miles and got 196.

05 VTX1300s EX-Candy red. Cobra speedster longs, light bar, switchblade +2, National Cycle hardbags, Aeromach risers, Kury Iso grips with t-boss, Cobra fatty hiway bars w/iso pegs, Ultimate Bigboy 4pc., Bestem backrest, painted engine with polished fins, Rivco passenger floorboards, Wide Open Fairing, various chrome jewely.

I did 145 on mine before hitting reserve. that was city driveing. Hwy driveing don't chance it stop about 100/125 you never know when the next station is comming. Most of the time there about 50 to 100 miles
    apart.
    Jerr Bears'BLACK 05 1300 S/R. Arlen Ness Micro tear
    drop mirrs, Switchblade Windshield, W/M Saddle bags Clear turns, and brake lght
    W/LED. HDL Backrest, Studed Tank Bib. H/K Drag Pipes. Thunder air box .
    Ult X seat. Lindby Hwy bar. Iso grips

Default mileage

On my bike it varies with riding style. I had to switch to reserve the first 2 tanks at 144 miles by the trip meter which I reset every fill up. I have had to switch at as little as 110 miles and have gone as far as 165 before switching. The 165 time was a ride on the Natchez Trace with a 50 mph speedlimit and no stopsigns just steady 50mph riding. it normally goes around 140 miles before switching to reserve.

05 1300r

I commonly go 200 miles before hitting reserve. Bike is stock and I'm a light weight rider..
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Albert Einstein

Default VTX 1300 milage

I have a 2003 1300S that I ave. around 155-165 mpg riding local. On the highway, and tracked on a trip from Ohio to Daytona Biketoberfest and back last October I was getting 140-150 on the highway running real hard, for long periods of time (2 to 2-1/2 hours in between fuel stops) and 80mph. It was consistance to and from. This is all before going to reserve, which I did several times to get to the next fuel point. Bike ran flawless for 8 days and 2475 miles. Longest day was 635 miles of Interstate riding going south.
    03 Candy Red Retro rider, loving every minute in the saddle.The piece of mind when in the saddle can only be realized if you have been there. When was the last time you saw a motorcycle parked at a psyciatrist office?
    Accessories- Memphis Shade, Kuryakyn,Palladin,Leather Connection, Hopnel, Big Bike Parts, HondaLine, Saddleman Bags,Easy Brackets, Custom Chrome, Mustang Wide touring seats, etc.

I live in Florida where it is flat. I can get 165 on main tank as long as I keep it under 75 mph. If I go over 75 I will be switching by 135 miles.
    2005 VTX 1300 Retro
    Too many add-on's to list
    http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data ... 01-med.jpg

I've hit reserve at as low as 145 miles,and gone 190 and still not hit reserve depending on all the usual riding conditions and speed.
    04 1300C. Cobra speedster slash downs, Neutron, scar mod, Foots darkside 205/60/16 Yoko Avid Envigor, Batwing

Quote Originally Posted by Joeface
    I look for gas at 140 miles. At 149 I am switching to reserve.
    +1

BTW - - is he riding BEEEE-AATCH!?!?!?!? that's funny!!!!

anywhere from 150 to 170 before switching to reserve. 170 mi when solo riding and not heavy on the throttle. 150 when riding two up.
    2006 1300 R

"Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but I do it anyway 'cause it's sterile and I like the taste"
    -Patches O'Hoolihan

The bike's still fairly new with only 2000 miles on it, but I've been getting between 120 and 160 before I hit reserve. That's combo highway and street riding.
    I hope to evaluate it more as this riding season takes off.
    2006 VTX1300c, Memphis Fats windscreen, National Cycle Paladin Highway Bars, Honda chrome backrest with pad, Leather Lyke Cross Country saddlebags, Mustang Two-Piece Touring Seat, Chilhowee Highway Bar Chaps, Stebel Horn

I get better mileage with 89 octane. I'm between 150 and 160 mi when I hit reserve. Thats more highway than city
    Fast black 2004 1300C - Memphis fats windshield, Mustang seat, Hondaline bags and backrest. XM radio with Helmet Audio speakers. Clayton mod, Honda light bar and Metzeler 200 rear

I'm stock air, fuel, and exhaust. I ride 2-up most of time. Usually hit reserve at 160-165.
    '05 1300C, large Switchblade windshield, Mustang Vintage seat, Deluxe backrest, Saddlemen Express Slant saddlebags, Kury Iso boards front and back, Cobra Speedster Slashcuts.

Depends on two factors - how full you get the tank, and how you ride.

I hit 150 miles +/- 12/8 when I have to flip over to reserve.
    Lots of stuff...

I only have 900 kilometres on the bike at the moment 06 1300R, does the mileage go up after the bike is run in more ?? reason I ask I hit 145 km today and had to go to reserve, I assume it wasn't completely full when I started, at least I hope not. !!! I'm a big bloke and aerodynamic as a brick crap house and do a lot of highway running at 110 km/hr.

Mel

Cool Stretching the petrol

Before I rejetted I was getting 37-39mpg with reserve kickin approx 120-130 miles. Rejetted from #190 stock to #195 (Dynojet) jet, K&N airfilter, stock airbox, Cobra slipon slashcut mufflers and have between 41-46 mpg and 150 miles at switch over to reserve. Make sure the air pressure in the tires is at least factory recommended. Did I mention that I have a full windshield, saddlebags and a trunk bag on the bike?

Wow, are you going for the record allhonda.?????????????
    Some fought themselves, some fought each other, Most just followed one another, Lost and aimless like their brothers .
    For their hearts were so unclear, And the truth could not appear, Their spirits were divided ......Into blinded hemispheres...Neil Peart

Default How many miles

[QUOTE=rsnellman;1390425]I was just wondering how many miles should I expect out of a full tank of gas from my new VTX1300. I guess I am asking an average. Probably mostly highway travel. Thanks.

OhioBob[/QUOTE
    Going 65-70 miles per hour, I will get approx. 160 miles.
    Mario

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.