Honda VTX Forum banner

Hey CarolinaXriders!

2K views 40 replies 12 participants last post by  grandpa J 
#1 ·
I'm trying to be more "socialable" on this board! I have gotten in the habit of checking out the other boards but, bypassing this one. (trying to change that) and get to know other local Xers :)
I love to ride but, often times I lack the time for longer rides. I'm divorced and my children are with me on most weekends. I try to give as much as I can of myself when I am with them and usually just get out and ride locally. ---embarassed to say only 3K in the last year. :oops: My New Years resolution is: that when I have the green light to ride and have free time--I'm going to get out of this swamp and expand my horizons! (and try to bump that odometer up to 10K):D I'm looking forward to meeting some of you next year!

Eric

See less See more
#4 ·
Fairmont is about ten miles south of Lumberton................down Hwy 41. Seems like all "y'all" live down south.

Hello from the Raleigh area. I, too, am looking forward to meeting more X'rs this Spring.

#6 ·
Gretsch said:
Fairmont is about ten miles south of Lumberton................down Hwy 41. Seems like all "y'all" live down south.

Hello from the Raleigh area. I, too, am looking forward to meeting more X'rs this Spring.
When the time comes---I have no problem with riding 1-2 hours to meet someone new! :)

Eric

#7 ·
Sounds like a lunch meeting in progress. Maybe we can all meet in Fayetteville aka Fayettenam for lunch sometime this coming spring? :lol: Hooters anyone?

#25 ·
I have been to EVERY BBQ festival that Lexington has had. The only thing I dont like about is the BBQ that you get at the tents is not indicative of what you get at the restaurants. If you are ever up this way again try Lexington BBQ at Hwy29/70 and 64. That is the best place for BBQ around here.

My son would have loved that train ride..he is 3 and thats all he talks about..I bought him the Polar Express train for Christmas after taking him to see the movie.

#26 ·
The train ride was cool.......and the main reason for the trip. My mother in law said it was one of the things she "always wanted to do, but never had", so we took her for her birthday..........I personally would have rather ridden the X, but the wife would have none of that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.