1986 Kawasaki Voyager
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1986 Kawasaki Voyager

Senior Member justin.ryan.ludwig's Avatar

Default 1986 Kawasaki Voyager

I have a buddy who is looking at one. Any one know anything about them. It is an older guy who does not ride anymore and seems to be asking a decent price.

2004 1800R Spec 2, Cobra Angle Slash Cut exhaust, Paladin Engine Guards, Mustang Seat, DARKSIDE 205/60 16 General Altimax HP.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

I had one before the X......was a great bike....gets blown around a bit

www.utahvtxriders.com
    2003 Black 1800U, 2005 Black 1300C (Wifes)
    2002 1800 Project Phat Bike

was it easy to maintain and how was the milage

2004 1800R Spec 2, Cobra Angle Slash Cut exhaust, Paladin Engine Guards, Mustang Seat, DARKSIDE 205/60 16 General Altimax HP.

No problem with maintenance (I only had to change the oil and a set of fork seals)....have to remove stuff to get to the forks and such....the rubber rear speaker mounts will break after a year or so (I have some if he needs them)....mileage was much better than the X and had plenty of power. The only complaint I had was getting blown around a bit in the wind/passing semis, but I imagine that is common for a full dressed bike.
    www.utahvtxriders.com
    2003 Black 1800U, 2005 Black 1300C (Wifes)
    2002 1800 Project Phat Bike

Quote Originally Posted by pmn1
    I had one before the X......was a great bike....gets blown around a bit

This is a carbon copy of mine!
    Mine is a 1990. Had it since 93. Great bike!

I had an 87 for over 5 years the loved the hell out of that bike. I bought it when I was stationed in Germany and had uncle sam ship it home for me. Sad part was I rolled it and and quite riding because of it (my own fault.) I wish I still owned it and so does the wife. I never had any problems with it had about 30,000 miles on it when I got rid of it. If I remember right, I got about 40 miles to the gallon and it would handle the Autobahn speeds very well. Very smooth ride and great seats, I loved the electronic cruse contol too.

Clif
    2004 VTX 1800 Neo (Mine)
    2005 VTX 1300 Retro Trike (Wifes)
    2002 VStar 650 Custom (Sons)

Check this out;

http://www.amervoyassoc.org/

One simple mod that most everyone agrees on that the Voyager needs is what`s known as a "Super Brace", which stiffens the front forks to eliminate that wallowing that plagues the Voyager.

Thank You for all of the replys. The dude is asking 2500.00 for it, but my buddy has not seen it yet nor does he know what the milage is.

I had nothing but bad luck with the POS that I had.Every time we took a long trip something expensive went out on it.And I mean every time.Waterpump,Alternator,Starter,Battery.Fixed everything I could find then sold it for what I paid minus all the new parts.When she was good she was good.But when she was bad OH BROTHER.

I've got buddies that ride them and they love them. the only problem one guy had was crossing a low water crosssing he ripped the oil filter cover off on a rock. Not really a problem with the bike, just bad luck. Sounds liie a steal on a great bike depending on the shape it's in.

Jack

A very informative site for the vintage Kawasaki's is www.kzrider.com
    I have two of the old girls....a 1978 KZ1000 Z1R and a 1981 KZ1000J
    They are great old bikes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.