JerseyPine Cruisers
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JerseyPine Cruisers

Default JerseyPine Cruisers

Does anyone ride with this group? They meet Sunday mornings (8-9am) at the McDonald's by Lee St & Oakton in Des Plaines, Il.. I was on my way to the store yesterday morning and noticed the group as well as a lot of Honda line bikes (VTX's & G-Wings). If so, let me know...I'm always up for a group ride especially with fellow VTX'rs!

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

John,

This is the group that puts on the Midnight Ride benefiting the Marysville School.

They are (mostly) Gold Wings who are looking for volunteers to help them on the ride.

And, they like to go to restaurants and ice cream parlors, and don't really care for loud motorcycles that like to go for a "ride".
    '04 VTX1800C Titanium Flames
    '03 GL1800ABS (Goldwing) Candy Red
    '04 NRX1800EB (Rune) Illusion Blue
    '03 VTX1800C Candy Red - sold for the Rune

...Thanks Dave for the heads up! Maybe when I decide to trade in my VTX (NOT!!!) with loud pipes, I'll meet up with them.

John,

I was a member of the Jerseypine Cruisers for over 10 years, they really are a good group of people, granted, much older people. I was always the youngest member of the club and probably still would be and I am 41 . I had a 42 mile ride to get down to where they meet at Lee and Oakton in Des Plaines and there were many in the club that would complain that riding 30 or 40 miles to breakfast was too far to ride for breakfast.

When I first joined them they were basically a touring/camping club that would tow the motorcycle sized pop-up campers behind their bikes, the size and weight of the trailer dictated that they needed the bike with the best towing ability hence the fact that most of them ride Honda Goldwings. The club dynamics have changed much since I joined back in '95, now instead of towing the camping trailer behind them as they ride to a destination, most of them tow a toy hauler trailer behind a truck or suv or use a motorhome to drive to their camping destination where they then unload the bikes to go riding.

My reason for quitting the club was simply that I have problem with the Midnight Tour ride, they knowingly allow riders in the area to believe that the ride is a fundraiser for Maryville Academy in Des Plaines when it really is nothing more than a club fundraiser to that they can have their holiday party and installation dinner (held after election to install new officers) with club subsidized pricing.

JMHO
    2008 Victory Vision Tour
    2007 Victory Kingpin

Firm supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights

I've gone to their Sunday thing on and off for 25 years.
    It is as David said. They like to do a 20-45 minute highway ride then eat.
    BUT I have found it a good place to meet up with others, loud pipes and not so loud, to go ride with.
    I have with spin-off groups from there for some of the best day trips I recall. Once a group of about 20 HDs (when I road a 920Virago) to lunch somewhere just west of rockford. (my yamaha was the only one that needed repair that day, well ok my pride)
    Then once with a huge group made up of plenty of blue knights. We went down to the other side of Joliet with only stopping for about 3 or 4 intersections.

There is also another goldwing group (american goldwing association) that meets at county farm and army trail macdonalds (leaves at 9). I'm told its more of a cruise but I don't know never been there.

now for a big maybe
    If your looking for a Sunday ride we should put together something from the area.

At a more civil time like 9 or 10 try to map out a ride to be back around 2. Maybe gather over by McDs on Higgins (Barrington Square) Then we face no membership picthes.

...Aldo & Travelin' Man, thanks for the info on the JP cruisers. I didn't know the average group age was up there in age (not that age matters). I suppose if I gave them a shot, I would be the youngest guy there at 38. Aldo, why would they advertise that Midnight run as a benefit for Maryville when in reality the funds go towards the club??? ...just doesn't seem fair to the participators. I do agree with you as far as maybe setting up a daily Sunday cruise with our VTX crew! Let me know! Thanks guys!! Be safe.

We don't belong to the JPC but we have done a few poker runs with them this year without any issues whatsoever.

Their recent SAVE-A-Pet run drew a pretty good size crowd!

We've heard from far too many people (for various reasons) they wouldn't do the Midnight Tour again so we never have.

As for the age thing I guess we're up there too at 50........

Jeff, Susana and Reno
    Warriors' Watch Riders Founding Members
    'Respect the way it should be.'
    Reno is the official WWR mascot in Illinois!

The new rides for '08! Honda XR650 & Star Stratoliner S 1900.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsRide
    We don't belong to the JPC but we have done a few poker runs with them this year without any issues whatsoever.

Their recent SAVE-A-Pet run drew a pretty good size crowd!

We've heard from far too many people (for various reasons) they wouldn't do the Midnight Tour again so we never have.

As for the age thing I guess we're up there too at 50........

Actually you are still on the young side, I believe the average age of the membership is now around 62.
    2008 Victory Vision Tour
    2007 Victory Kingpin

Firm supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights

I'm all for a Sunday riding group now and then. If anyone is willing to put it together, you'll have at least one fella along!.
    You only have too much fuel when you're on fire.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.