Where are the UK VTX riders?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are the UK VTX riders?

Default Where are the UK VTX riders?

Are there no UK VTX owners on this forum now?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

I look in once and a while.
    Always has been a lonely place to view
    Black 02 Retro 1800S 43,601 miles
    Dark Red 06 GL1800 48,784 miles
    Riding Hondas since the late 60's
    Born 07/24/42 Grassvalley,Calif.
    Grew up in Rocklin,Lincoln,Roseville

We've only had our bike 3 weeks. Not many VTXs about on the roads here it seems...some folk don't seem to know what they are when they see one. Came across a 1300 this weekend at a rally so at least we know there is one other owner in the UK! We'll be looking to you US guys for help on parts etc as not much selection of choice over here. We're just put the chrome trim on the tank so that's a start!

Sorry that the board does not have more inputs. I lived in England for 10 years with the US Forces at Mildenhall and really miss the place. The family grew up there as my daughters were 2 when we got there and going to middle school when we got back to the states. One of them actually married an American that she went to school with in Newmarket, a local English Primary. The only thing about Indiana is that the summers are a little longer and a lot hotter. Winters still do not favor riding. Bought my 03 1800 c last year and it is a real joy to ride. Say hi to all the blokes over there and maybe more will get on the board from time to time.

hello there madmick

where abouts in the uk you based,
    there is an active group in the uk that are getting moving as a group over the last couple of months.
    ther are 74 of us on the uk forum,
    we have had 3 weekends away, and numerous trips up to yorkshire or the ace cafe in london.
    couple of the guys even managed a trip abroad to holland.
    2 biggest areas at the moment are london and the home counties and northern england.
    although the other areas are growing as well

PM me if you want further info

keep the faith we are here and getting out

some pics here of our last outing

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z318 ... 20Squires/
    It is SmaLL and IT is StuPid

If you recognise the scenery in the background of our pic, you will realise that we are based in Cumbria. It's Kirkstone Pass, BTW.

Here's another one, however I only recently re-joined the biking fraternity after many years break.

Having sourced the market, couldn't resist the VTX [1300]. Even my wife thinks it looks cool.

Intention is to do 'ride-outs' but only when I regain the situation where man and machine feel as one (not quite there yet).

So .... watch for my name/face at future events [incidentally, I'm based in Swindon - somewhat south of you]

You might want to try the following link as I believe this is the old site hence the aged date entries:-

http://www.hondavtx.co.uk/html/club_page.html (or find the reference in the old site forum if this doesn't work)

Default Hello to all UK VTX Riders

At long last there are more UK riders of a brill machine.
    I have been a member of the forum for what seems forever and eventually stopped looking in as I was fed up with the boys in the US having all the nice weather and gear and bragging about it all the time. Although the guys have helped me out over time with gear and advice.
    I am in not so sunny Urmston, Manchester.
    I ride a 1300 with pride and have only seen 3 others on my travels.
    Where is everyone else from?
    I ride because I can.........
    I ride a VTX because I ride the best.

Hi Gordy

We were at a HD rally the other week and found a red 1300 beside us when we pitched the tent. It's the only other VTX we have come across so far!

Hi I'm Paul, I just got myself a VTX 1300

Love it

I'm from lancashire by the way and also not quite one with my machine
    Life's too short

But it's oh so sweet

Just thought I'd poke my nose in and say high to the UK. From what I hear our weather is pretty similar. Lots of gray and rain and fog??
    Summers pretty decent though.
    If you need parts help give a shout. Seems now would be a good time since the dollar seems to be in the tank. for us and for you. No other political comments right now.
    Off to work - riding in today as it is just gray. (or is that grey?)
    Sam/NDAna #15542 IB#38401 '04 1800 C, HID, Audiovox Cruise, 2xDarkSide & enough other stuff to keep me comfortable. Now have H4 HID & LED headlights available NDs.HIDs@gmail.com "Can you see me now?" For DarkSide info go here http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/forum.htm

We've already started buying parts from the USA. Got the chrome trim for the tank and still waiting for some leather luggage for the sissy bar. All much cheaper than buying here in the UK.

Alas the weather is starting to go against us here now so number of trips out will be dwindling soon. Already put 2,000 miles on in a few weeks of ownership.

Still riding mine and will do all winter unless there's ice or snow
    I cant understand why these bikes get put away for winter? It only takes 30 ish minuets to clean off and dry after a run
    Life's too short

But it's oh so sweet

We don't take a bike out when the roads are salted. Up here in Cumbria where we have tons and tons of snow and ice.............

Yeh It's the downside of UK living but the lakes in summer more than make up for it (if you could just get rid of the tourists)
    Life's too short

But it's oh so sweet

Actually we haven't seen any snow here for years. But it can get very icy.

As for Cumbria, the Lake District is only a tiny part of the county. You can tour the bulk of it without ever seeing anybody else..let alone tourists.

That just shows how well travelled I am (NOT!!!!!!) If I can get the wife on the back and she lets me get past 20mph, I'll have to make my way up to cumbria and take a look round
    Life's too short

But it's oh so sweet

Default You lucky

Your lucky you have seen 2 vtx,s, i have never seen one over here in Northern Ireland.
    Sat 3rd Nov, flew down to Heathrow this morning, picked up vtx1800c 2005 only 4900miles and loaded with goodies. London to Holyhead, across the sea to Dublin, then up to Belfast. Torque is fantastic, fuel usage is crap (£1 a litre, thats $2.15 over here). Have a vt 750 shadow (aero), and that will easy double the MPG of the vtx. Enjoying reading all the info on this site. Mo

Hello Northern Ireland !

I'm not surprised you think that a VTX1800 is a guzzler compared to a 750 - it's more than twice the size and fuel injected. But that's the point of having a bruiser cruiser, surely? It's a BIG BIG engine. Keep it steady cruising in top gear and it will not be so thirsty.

Default Re: You lucky

Quote Originally Posted by bentango
    Your lucky you have seen 2 vtx,s, i have never seen one over here in Northern Ireland.
    Hi bentango, Do you know what you get per gallon from your 750?

I'm just wondering cause I worked it out for my 1300 and I get an average of 44mpg. I reckon the 1800 with its ECU and stuff wont be far from that if driven the same way

I take it easy so that every one can see
    Life's too short

But it's oh so sweet

Default MPG

My vt750, 2 up, full touring gear on and loaded, over 870 miles of various roads and not hanging about either 62.6 MPG. (62.5 liters). 3"DG Hard Krome Big Straights, K&N Filter, Screen etc.
    My 1800 has a Dyno Jet power commander, Hyper Charger, Vance & Hines etc 33 MPG sitting at around 60 mph. Full till light comes on, about 95 miles. Was told the power commander was set up for cruising. Think its just me not being used to such a fuel hungry beast. Took her up to 120, plenty left in her, but it was pulling the arms out of me. That was not the reason that i got it. I just wanted more lift than the 750 when over taking, and boy does it lift, takes off like fcuk, love it.
    Mo
    Sat 3rd Nov, flew down to Heathrow this morning, picked up vtx1800c 2005 only 4900miles and loaded with goodies. London to Holyhead, across the sea to Dublin, then up to Belfast. Torque is fantastic, fuel usage is crap (£1 a litre, thats $2.15 over here). Have a vt 750 shadow (aero), and that will easy double the MPG of the vtx. Enjoying reading all the info on this site. Mo

Default Re: MPG

Quote Originally Posted by bentango
    My vt750, 2 up, full touring gear on and loaded, over 870 miles of various roads and not hanging about either 62.6 MPG. (62.5 liters). 3"DG Hard Krome Big Straights, K&N Filter, Screen etc.
    My 1800 has a Dyno Jet power commander, Hyper Charger, Vance & Hines etc 33 MPG sitting at around 60 mph. Full till light comes on, about 95 miles. Was told the power commander was set up for cruising. Think its just me not being used to such a fuel hungry beast. Took her up to 120, plenty left in her, but it was pulling the arms out of me. That was not the reason that i got it. I just wanted more lift than the 750 when over taking, and boy does it lift, takes off like fcuk, love it.
    Mo

Ouch!!!!!! "33MPG" K'nal lost for words and that don't happen often
    Life's too short

But it's oh so sweet

Just thought I'd add a bit to the discussion on UK VTX owners.

I ride with two groups in the UK and own a 1300S. I ride out with gopher1st (posted a log earlier on this thread).

There are several of us that try to meet regularly, it would be good to here from some existing or new X owners on our forums.

Quote Originally Posted by gmasser
    Just thought I'd add a bit to the discussion on UK VTX owners.

I ride with two groups in the UK and own a 1300S. I ride out with gopher1st (posted a log earlier on this thread).

There are several of us that try to meet regularly, it would be good to here from some existing or new X owners on our forums.
    sorry for late response on this thread, I normally hang out on the 1300 riders board due to the lack of response on the UK board. I would be interested to meet other vtx riders and swap ideas etc
    Life's too short

But it's oh so sweet

Hi Healewis

Whereabouts in the UK are you currently based? It'll be good to make contact, especially when the weather improves a bit. We even had snow in the Midlands last night.

I'm sure some of our members would welcome a meet somewhere - any excuse to get and talk bikes

http://www.vtxrra.co.uk

Have a look - we are one of the newer places.

Gary

Hi gmasser, sorry for the late reply there's so little action on the UK forum I tend to stick to the 1300 or general messageboards

I'm in Burnley, Lancashire not had snow yet and I'm still riding my bike to work

I've heard is't going to be an indian winter, whatever that means?? Could mean it's going to be a warm one??? so I'll get plenty of riding done hopefully...............

would welcome a meet with other VTX riders and swap ideas and stuff could you keep me informed

Cheers

Paul
    Life's too short

But it's oh so sweet

hi all
    there is a new group in the uk the at www.vtxrra.co.uk been running around a month..
    social group with a well used forum

there are a lot of riders in the uk that are now getting organised for meets etc, i'm sure you'll find somewhere that you'll be happy to park and have a chinwag

tell um that gopher1st sent ya, not that you'll get any special treatment like

am i allowed to post the web address for the UK?

sorry if i'm not don't wish to offend any one
    It is SmaLL and IT is StuPid

come and check us out at www.crapmods.com . we are a bunch of do it yourselfers, plenty of info and brotherhood.

Don't feel too alone boys.............vtx prices in Australia are also over the top and a lot of us buy direct from the good ol USA!

Speaking of weather..........arn;t you glad you sent convicts here to settle?????????

"The greater risk lays in appeasement" - Ronald Reagan

Black 05 VTX 1300S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.