Gauging interest in a rally/event for April***UPDATED*****
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gauging interest in a rally/event for April***UPDATED*****

Default Gauging interest in a rally/event for April***UPDATED*****

Ok, I was thinking about putting together some sort of rally for Xers from Arkansas, Texas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, TN etc to take place in or near Mena/Hot Springs Arkansas one 3 day weekend(Friday-Sun) in April.

Just trying to judge general interest in an event. Just got back from a wonderful rally in Texas and it was a family type thing, planned ride, cook out, pizza night, raffle etc.

Find a good camp ground with a mix of cabins/rv spots and tent areas is what I thinking. Near a lake would be good.

Nothing buck wild, just good fun but kinda away from the beaten path as not to draw any nosy townfolk/moochers or LEOs.

Ideas or thoughts?
    I do not want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying.http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/
    05 1300 N, HK 3, CP Punishers, custom paint, full fairing, Michelin HydraEdge 205/65/16, Tsukayu bags

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

As of right now this is the only place near Mena that can accomadate 70+ bikers.

Plus it seems to be the most well equipped as well. All the prices are in line with what I've found so far, but I'm still looking around and making calls.

http://www.cossatotriver.com/

Looking at April 17-20 or May 1-4th.
    I do not want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying.http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/
    05 1300 N, HK 3, CP Punishers, custom paint, full fairing, Michelin HydraEdge 205/65/16, Tsukayu bags

Ok..Oct 5th I'm going to Mountain Harbor to check things out and talk to Julie.

Anyone else want to meet me there is more than welcome.

Here's the email from Julie at Mountain Harbor
    So you know Jeremy - we won't hold that against you!

It looks like of the dates you are interested in the April dates will work best to provide a variety of accommodations but all still in one central location and a small gathering spot.

the lodge area units will include individual guest rooms, kitchenettes, cabanas and lodge cottages - all will vary in price and size but you can see them on our web site - www.mountainharborresort.com along with pricing. april is into our regular season pricing but weekends will not be higher

the lodge conference building is right behind these units - one large open room with a large deck, plenty of parking - full kitchen - it can easily accommodate 50+ people

we'd need to charge $200 per day for this area. we are in a dry county but byob is allowed - everyone just has to behave themselves.

we do have a great restaurant with breakfast, lunch and dinner options - we offer a great breakfast buffet on sat and sun am.

if you'd like to come out and look around i'd be happy to visit with you!

thanks
    julie
    What do ya'll think? I've been there before and all the roads leading to it and around it are good. It is a dry county so we'd have to bring our own if we wanted any.

Oh and the dates are April 17-20th.

joe

Ok...I went to Mountain Harbor today. Looks great and the place is setup well for what we need.

Prices range from are listed on www.mountainharborresort.com Julie is working on a group rate.

I was thinking we could get the Cabins in North Harbor, they're all together but away from the main grounds. Each of the 2 bedroom has 4 queen beds and a queen sleeper sofa. The 3 bedroom will sleep 14. 6 queen beds and a sleep sofa.

The 2 bedroom is $260 a night, so for each couple, if there is 8 people in the 2 bedroom cabins it would only be $195 for the entire weekend.

I didn't get good pics of the rooms/cabins, but there's virtal tours of all of them at...http://www.mountainharborresort.com/lodging/ and select North Harbor or Lodge area...both sections have tours of the cabins/rooms.

There two large group meeting areas, one is inside with a full kitchen and the other is a covered area closer to the North Harbor cabins. It has a fridge and they can bring grills up. No price for the covered area but the indoor one is $200 a night for Friday and Saturday night and we get Thursday night free.

Indoor meeting room pics

The indoor meeting area is close to the restraunt and the main lodge cottages.

The main lodge cottages have 2 queen beds each and are right at the pool/restraunt area.

I also ran into a guy on a Big Dog chopper that owns a beer/liquor store close by, he said he'd hook us up on a keg.

I did have to move the dates, worked flopped my schedule. SO...the dates will be April 24-27 2008.

Everyone can reserve which ever cabin/room they wish, figure we can all eat at the on site restraunt that Thursday night and have a pizza night or something else Friday night. Saturday will be a cook out.

Friday will be the planned ride with lunch midway thru the ride and Saturday will be a free day.

Anyone willing to help plan the route or with cooking, etc PM me please.

Also there's be a $25 a person to cover the food and rental of the indoor meeting place for us to all hang out in. Although each room at the main lodge has all the patios on the same side. Oh, but the North Cottages and non main lodge rooms have hot tubs on the patios.

When you make a reservation at the Mountain Harbor please PM me with the room #, your screen name, real name and phone/email. Also you can paypal me the $25 for the rally at anytime. toasted_311@hotmail.com, just make sure all your info is included with it so I know who it's for.

I'll be keeping a spreadsheet going and anyone willing to share a room please PM the other to make arrangements...to hold a room/cabin one nights amount will need to be charged on someone's card.

Can't wait to meet all the Xers.

And if you call Harbor to make a res, ask for Julie, Tell her you're with the VTX MC group that Joe was up there about. She knows the right cabins and such.

Uploading a vid of Harbors driveway too.

Alright...got a price list from Julie at Mountain Harbor

Hi Joe!

Sorry for the delay - we were slammed yesterday and way understaffed. Today is a good day though

Guest Rooms - $69.96 per night sun. - thur/$119 per night on fri. and sat nights based on double occupancy 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa

Lodge Cottages - lakeview units - $299 per night based on 4 occupants
    forest view units - $280 per night based on 4 occupants2 queen beds

North Cottages - big three bedroom/three bath with lakeview - $499 per night based on 6 occupants6 queen beds and a queen sleeper sofa..14 total people if couples
    large two bedroom unit - decks connect - $365 per night based on 4 occupantsthese have 4 queen beds...can sleep 8 plus 2 on the sleeper sofa

if you have more than the suggest occupancy per unit, please add $8.50 for each additional guest. this helps cover the extra linens, etc.,.

Thanks Joe - it was very nice meeting with you - Good Luck on your up coming marriage!
    Julie

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.