OT- Northern State Hospital, haunted?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OT- Northern State Hospital, haunted?

Default OT- Northern State Hospital, haunted?

I just got done watching the ghost hunters on TAPS. They did an investigation on Northern State Hospital in Sedro-Wooley. Their conclusion was that it is definitely haunted. They got one pretty cool video of a shadowy figure in the a hall and some humming and singing up in the attic. Spooky place, think I'll have to do a ride by. Anybody have more info on the place. Used to be an insane asylum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: OT- Northern State Hospital, haunted?

Quote Originally Posted by eagle1953
    I just got done watching the ghost hunters on TAPS. They did an investigation on Northern State Hospital in Sedro-Wooley. Their conclusion was that it is definitely haunted. They got one pretty cool video of a shadowy figure in the a hall and some humming and singing up in the attic. Spooky place, think I'll have to do a ride by. Anybody have more info on the place. Used to be an insane asylum.
    The only info I have is that I live across the street from the entrance. I have drinks with the ghost on a regular basis It is a pretty cool site. Most of it is private property used by the North Cascades Job Corps and forced alcohol/drug rehab facility. As well as some other smaller businesses. You drive in to the parking lots. There is also a fishing pond outside. Every spring there is a big fishing derby for kids only. It is surrounded by undeveloped Skagit County Park land. Lots of trails for walking. I have a couple friends who had relatives that were "patients" there years ago. When it was still open they did all those old physciatric treatments that now a days you only see in the movies. Anyway that is about all I know.

I've done some work at that place,,, pretty cool buildings and stuff. There are some buildings that are empty that look pretty spooky.
    2 black tires, handle bars, horn switch, TWO seats, passenger foot pegs, 4.8 quart oil capacity

This kind of stuff has always sparked my interest. Here's the scoop on "haunts" in Sedro Woolley:

Sedro Woolley - Cascade Job Corps - formally Northern State Hospital - This place has a lot of bad energy. Back in the early 1900's is was a mental institution. The first place to do the frontal lobotomy. It is said that there are over a 1000 unmarked graves behind the gymnasium. There is a prankster ghost who we call Fred, who causes mischief. Sheet pans will fly off of the racks all by them selves. The Hospital still stands.

Sedro Woolley - Northern State Hospital / Cascade Job Corps - In the old superintendents mansion several people have been frightened by a bright light on the second floor. Most of the old dorms are very cold even in the heat of summer. In the old nurses dorm, faint voices can sometimes be heard. The gymnasium has also had supernatural activity since the 50's.

Sedro Woolley - Cascades Job Corps - students have seen a little girl roaming the halls of the dorms with a red ball. In the nurses station they can see a figure of a body hanging up in the window. There are tunnels that lead all over under the campus that have been known to be haunted. You can here moaning and screaming at night. There is also a man that roams outside looking for the little girl.

Here's a state by state listing of haunted places....

http://theshadowlands.net/places/

Here's a pretty cool link to some of the history.
    http://www.stumpranchonline.com/skagitj ... /NSH1.html

Most of the TAPS shows are pretty dumb but I enjoyed this one. Seemed like there might really be some sort of paranormal activity going on up there.

I found some other links and seems some people like to try to sneak in and take a look around. The old mental facility seems to be the main point of interest.

Thanks Tony do you know which building is the old insane isylum? Maybe the white one. I think the building they showed on TV last night was white.

Is there a road that passes by that you can see this place from?

Quote Originally Posted by eagle1953
    Thanks Tony do you know which building is the old insane isylum? Maybe the white one. I think the building they showed on TV last night was white.

Is there a road that passes by that you can see this place from?
    I believe the buildings on the lower half of the picture. Some of the buildings are barns, dorms, the admin building, etc. From Highway 20 heading East, take a left on Fruitdale Rd. Follow it straight until Fruitdale turns to the left. The drive will be on your right. You can go in a ways, so that you can see the buildings. Carol and I will be walking the area this everning, for exercise.

Back in the 60"s my neighbors wife went in there and was given electro shock treatments for (bi-polar?)SHE DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So if you see her I think her name was Mary.
    Start them early

Semper-FI

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.